“GREAT PLACE TO STAY”

Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel
Ranked #44 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I've been at Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel last Christmas and I have to stay this hotel is amazing.
The rooms are big (I was in a standard on, so I guess the suites are huge), always clean and tidy.
There is a pretty big choice of good food in the hotel, as they have 3 amazing restaurants.
The "buffet" restaurant (which usually doesn't sound interesting to me) is absolutely AMAZING with a huge choice of international food.
The chinese restaurant is the n.1 in the city for the Chinese duck, make sure you guys don't miss it...and the italian restaurant will serve you real italian food (trust me..).
The staff was always very nice and helpful, the location is very good in the center of the city, also there is the train station of the sky train right in front of the hotel..very convenient.
Last thing but not least...there is an amazing pool, spa and gym in the mezzanine floor...go and enjoy it!
If I come back to Bangkok (I think so) I will definitively come back in this hotel.
Thanks Ross, Fabio and all the staff for the amazing welcome, see you guy soon!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
MarkvanderWielen, Director of Operations at Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2014

Dear filobraccs,

Thank you for staying with us during your Christmas break and for the compliments to our ambassadors.

We are glad to read you enjoyed the room and food from our 3 restaurants (Flavors, Fei Ya, & La Tavola), also the location of our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel for your next visit to Bangkok.

Kind regards,

Director of Operations

Write a ReviewReviews (3,521)

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Upgraded to a suite for our anniv. The room was quiet and comfortable, if not plush. I took advantage of most of the amenities offered to Marriott Elite guests...the welcome drinks and massage, the pressing, etc., which made our stay very enjoyable.
The concierge lounge is superb. It offers amazing views whether you're there for breakfast, snacks, heavy hors d'oeuvres/ supper and/or cocktails. It puts every Marriott concierge lounge in the USA to shame. I preferred their lounge to some of the Ritz Carlton lounges I've experienced.
The location was superb. This was my first time in Bangkok, and I had no issue finding the hotel. This was the perfect base for exploring Bangkok.

Dear MaxA00,

Thank you for staying with us and for the great comments about your stay. We trust that you had a wonderful celebration while staying with us. We are happy to read that you have discovered something new in regards to your experiences at our Club Lounge and yes our hotel is centrally located that help you exploring Bangkok for the first time here.

I hope you will stay with us next time you are in Bangkok, hopefully on your next anniversary!

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 6, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for the first 4 nights of our vacation to Thailand. The location is great, located in the downtown area with an entrance to the metro right out in front and another entrance to a different line less than a 10 minute walk away. The hotel itself is clean and very modern. We had a comfortable bed and access to the club lounge which offered a daily breakfast buffet and cocktails in the evening along with drinks available throughout the day. There are a few restaurants within the hotel and a bar out in the front, although we didn't visit any of them. There are multiple shopping malls within walking distance of the hotel also. This is a great hotel to stay at whether you're in town for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
MarkvanderWielen, Director of Operations at Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2014

Dear Atlbeachbum81,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us on the first 4 nights of your vacation. Reading your comments it is great that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope the rest of your vacation was just as memorable.

Should you return to Bangkok in the near future please try one of our 3 restaurants. We have a fantastic authentic Italian, Award winning Chinese and our international Buffet restaurant. Of course we are very centrally located to all the shopping malls and the plethora of restaurants that they have to offer.

Thanks for your review

Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

Book 3 rooms stay at this wonderful hotel. The stay was comfortable and excellent. The staffs are friendly and helpful. The room are big and bathroom is a see thru glass type. The bed was comfortable but the pillow is too soft for my liking. The hotel is located next to the BTS which is very convenient to travel around. Higher floor rooms have better views.

• Stayed: January 2014

Dear berndz80,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay. Its great to read that the stay was comfortable and excellent.

Great to read that you liked the rooms, especially the bathroom with the glass walls. Sorry to read that you found the pillow too soft. On your next stay please ask the housekeeping team to provide you with a choice of pillow. They will be only too pleased to ensure you a comfortable nights sleep.

Hope to see you in Bangkok again in the near future,

Reviewed January 6, 2014

I love this hotel. It's a great location, food is good and service is superb. I just don't know what else to say. This is our second stay and we loved it! We will definitely be back again. There was a demonstration out in front while we were there and the staff kept us informed and let us know there was nothing to worry about.

Room Tip: we upgraded to a studio suite and it was nice to have the extra space.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Tammy1960,

Many thanks for such a kind review and it is great to read that you enjoyed your stay! I would like to thank you for choosing to return back to us for a second stay. I hope that you will have many more stays in the future.

Great Tip about the room… Our Studio Suites are fantastic and are all located on the corners of the hotel giving a great deal of light into the room. Our guests can choose to upgrade for only an additional THB 1000 per night subject to availability. Or be sure to reserve one before you arrive!

Hope to see you in Bangkok again soon,

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Pros
excellent location, many places within walking dustance

cons
My friend and i booked twin bedroom, confirmed over telephone. But at checking in no twin bedroom was ready at 4pm.

if you are shallow sleeper..thin wall could bother you. I could hear next door tv sound and shower.

No complimentary water in the room upon checkin in?
Or extea toilet paper ready for 2nights?
Not acceptable...

• Stayed: December 2013

Dear Elmama4ever,

Many thanks for choosing to stay with us on your recent trip to Bangkok and for taking the time to share a review of the hotel in this forum. I am pleased to read that one of the Pro’ s of this hotel is the location to which we are very centrally located.

I am sorry to read that we did not have any twin bedded rooms ready upon your arrival to the hotel. All rooms do have complimentary water which are replaced daily and we do have extra amenities available. Our toilet tissue is stored neatly in a silk pouch located under the basin. The team are always happy to replace amenities upon request.

I hope you were not inconvenienced by the sounds of the room next door and my apologies for the same.

I hope you will try us again the next time you’re in Bangkok.
Until then, Safe travels ahead and kind regards

Reviewed January 5, 2014

We stayed this hotel for short Christmas holiday. This is a new hotel. The decor in this hotel is wonderful and moden. Room is big. Staff was very nice and helpful. Location is close to the Sky train and you can take it anywhere without traffic. Will definitely come back next time we're in Bangkok.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LH20132014

Dear LH20132014,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of your stay and I would also like to thank you for choosing to stay with us. Its great to read that you found the hotel décor, location to your liking and most importantly the ambassadors to be very nice and helpful. I hope you had a fantastic Christmas and New Year.

We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you’re in Bangkok.
Until then, Safe travels ahead and kind regards