“Excellent hotel for both Business and Leisure travellers”

Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel
Ranked #48 of 851 Hotels in Bangkok
Singapore
“Excellent hotel for both Business and Leisure travellers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 6 nights in May 2013, both for business and for leisure. The hotel is very new and located at the Ratchaprasong area in Bangkok city. It is only about a 5 minute walk from the Chidlom Skytrain station and, using the Skywalk, you can literally walk to all the popular shopping malls like Central World (5 min), Siam Paragon and Siam Centre (10 mins). In terms of the decor of the hotel, I would say it's glitzy modern, with a very spacious and open lobby. The hotel rooms are nice and quite spacious (I was upgraded to a corner Junior Suite as a Platinum member), with floor to ceiling windows even for the marble bathrooms (full-length automatic roller shades provided of course!). Furnishings and appliances were new and up-to-date and there was a DVD player and a 32" Samsung flat screen TV. The bed was one of the best I've slept in in any Marriott chain hotel worldwide - firm yet cushioned, and good feather pillows. The Executive lounge was very nice - spacious, plenty of seating, had PCs with printers and a copier, and both the breakfast and evening spreads were very generous. In the morning, your eggs are done to order like in most full breakfast buffets in Bangkok, which is a plus. In summary, this hotel, for me, has taken over the top spot from JW Marriott Bangkok as the best among the Marriott chain hotels in Bangkok. It's newer and has nicer and better rooms than the JW and is also in a better location. JW does have a nicer and better Executive Lounge, but the rooms there cost about 20-30 percent more than the Renaissance. Service levels are about the same - knowledgeable and attentive. The pool and exercise room is on the top level and looked nice, clean and well appointed. I will definitely go back again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (556)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Saline, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

Breakfast was impressive. A mix of Thai, Chinese, Korean, American, .... dishes. So many selections to choose from. Lobby was a tad small for a 5* hotel. Exercise room and pool fit well for those with open schedule.

1 Thank ac3
Bhubaneswar, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

Was there with family on a quick vacation. Perfect location, perfect room, fantastic views, great service... Do you really need anything more? The hotel provided free internet to mariott rewards members and supplied bottled water to rooms, free of cost. And it came very handy as i was consuming lots of fluids, given that both my wife & i were having fever for first 2 days and so we consumed enough fluids to keep up with the hot summer. While the overall services was excellent, on one occasion a hotel staff refused to supply bottled water citing high level of consumption. I wish she had enquired about why we were consuming so much water, rather than saying no. I wouldnt expect that from Renaissance. This was an aberration, overall experience was still v good

Room Tip: high floor
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thailand
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

I stay for 1 night. There are only 2 Staffs to check in and check other staffs just talk to each other and some just stand an look.

When I get in to the room, I found the room is not clean, there are hair in the floor and hair in bathtub with no hairdryer and no bathrobe. In the evening, there is no turn down service but in the information and booking detail told me that there is turn down service. The last thing is why the hotel guarantee 6200 baht, I only reserve for deluxe room type and when I check out, staff
did not return my credit but I must wait for 1 week. I never found the hotel like this especially
the hotel did not return my credit when I check out. This is 5 star hotel or not?

I feel bad with this hotel and I never stay with this hotel again

Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

Location: This is excellent. The hotel is located right next to the BTS Chitlom station (3 min walk). Also there is a covered walkway connecting this station to the central shopping district: all the shopping malls are within walking distance. For those who are interested, you can also walk to Lumphini park (25 mins).

Reception: Very well managed and quick check-in; the reception area is a little dark for my taste but well-styled nevertheless. I reached much earlier than check-in time; they were very generous to have a room ready for me within an hour while I had breakfast.

Rooms: Extremely comfortable bed; cant praise it enough. Had a real danger of sleeping in throughout the vacation. The bathroom was really spacious and had glass walls -nice concept !
We stayed in a club room; recommended to try and get a room on the highest floor possible ! The view was all buildings; but still very good. Room service cleaned the room twice a day if required; felt nice to come back in the evening to a well made bed; even after we had taken an afternoon nap after morning room cleaning :)

Food: We had breakfast/ high tea/ drinks and canapes in the executive lounge; while the food does get repetitive after a while; still I must say we liked it very much; nothing at all to complain regarding quality. Limited choice for vegetarians, though. Didn't try any of the in-house restaurants. As usual, excellent service in the lounge.

Swimming pool: Its on the top floor and a bit chilly; but after the Bangkok heat; felt really nice to take a dip and wind-dry :) the glass walls on this floor are only about chest height and then its open-air; and we had a good breeze coming through.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

We were extremely pleased with the Renaissance Bangkok especially because of their service. Although the hotel is not by the water and many of the attractions, it's location is just a few steps from the BTS Chit Lom station and about a block from the Central World Mall in a nice area of the city.

We are Marriott Platinum members and were treated extremely well, although I think they treated all their guests with stellar service. We were, however, entitled to the priviledges of the Executive Lounge and from arrival we were taken up there offered a drink and checked in by their wonderful staff. Every morning they had a great breakfast buffet in the Lounge, also afternoon tea and cocktails and "appetizers" in the evening, although there was plenty for dinner if you didn't want to go out. The staff in the lounge was the best I've ever seen and treated us like family. On the day we were leaving, our plane didn't leave until midnight, so they gave us a 4:00 checkout and let us sit in the lounge until we were ready to go. By the time we took the elevator to the lobby, they had our bags and a taxi waiting for us. Fine service.

The rooms were very nice, we were upgraded to a corner junior suite on arrival, with a nice view of the Royal Bangkok Sports Club. Beds were very comfortable and nice linens. Elite status also entitles you to one free piece of laundry to be cleaned per day. No small thing in the heat of Bangkok.

One small criticism of the hotel was the italian restaurant. I was craving food that was non-asian, so we went to Tavolo restaurant and wine bar and we each ordered a pasta to start and an entree. I was misunderstood and got some kind of appetizer, they took it back and brought me the pasta, but it took quite a while. Also, when I got my fish entree (the branzino) it had more of an asian than italian taste to the broth. It was good, just not what I had in mind.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

This is a great place to stay, especially if you want to shop before heading for home! Spent 2 nights here, but would have loved to stay longer. Ultra comfy bed, relaxing furnishings and a good sized room.
Hotel has a nice outdoor area for drinks/ cocktails. Centrally located for shopping, transport and good restaurants.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple