Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel
The Siam(Bangkok)
$588
$526
3,772 results
All reviewsthe club loungecentral worldindoor poolchit lom bts stationerawan shrineplatinum memberjw marriottsiam paragonwalking distancetop floorcorner roommajor shoppingexcellent hotellocation is greatrain showerbreakfast buffethotel is located
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Ours was an early morning flight from new delhi, the hotel reception was gracious enough to accomadate us at 7 a.m. without extra charge on chek in. Being a first time traveller to bangkok, what struck us the most was the hotel's proximity to the "to do" things in bangkok .Everything was just a stroll away or if didnt want to venture into the heat , then cheap cab is available on call at hotel doorstep.The rooms and the hotel lobby was exocticly designed. Room service was swift with a special mention of late night dvd player sent for our son's favourite cartoon.Breakfast was an elegant spread,they even packed a take away meal of idli for our 3 yr old.Would surely recommend it for a short stay in the city.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed for 5 days-4 nights with the missus and never regretted staying there since it is right at the heart of the shopping district which you can just walk back to the hotel after a long day of retail therapy. It is also not right next to the road hence it is not as noisy as the other 5-star hotel across the road. I did have a problem with the taxi driver on the way there from the airport. So it might be good to have the map on hand, or better still have the address in Thai. The weather was punishingly hot during our stay in Bangkok and we requested for ice and water almost every night when we returned from our shopping forays. Impressed with their fast room service. I might just stay there again during my next trip to Bangkok.

Room Tip: Request for a high floor with a good view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WinstonChong

RENAISSANCE- Bangkok, March 2013

I always try to tag along with my husband on his business trip abroad Hence, i m always task to book our flights and check on best rate hotels with the best possible service.
This time, he will have to attend a trade fair in Bangkok, Thailand. We have been to this beautiful place several times, actually, almost every year for the past 10 years or so. Bangkok is almost like Manila in terms of weather and people, both friendly and hospitable.
Anyway, needless to say, I also tried almost all their 5 star hotels, even stayed twice in one of them, thinking it was one of the best...until I checked in at Renaissance.

I was smitten by the wonderful service all their staff had accorded us. The room may not be perfectly modern or zen as the trend is now but comfortable and very nice. I love the pool, so awesome with the view of Bangkok.
Renaissance is well located. Walking distance to the big malls and market areas where good bargain is at its best. And with the Sky train station just infront, you can simply tour Bangkok in a bliss.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WanderCezy
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We had an unfortunate incident during our stay in Bangkok and while we were waiting at the police station I telephoned the hotel to ask to cancel our room card until we returned as it was with items that had been stolen. A few minutes later we received a call from the hotel security manager to say he had sent a staff member to look after us at the police station and bring us back to the hotel afterwards. She was amazing, totally professional, very helpful and friendly and became our liaison with the detectives. The Renaissance certainly take their guests security extremely seriously.

We had a club room which while not a huge room was very well laid out and decorated in a modern minimalist style. The glass walled bathroom was new to us (but I believe quite common in Asia) a huge room with a lovely bathtub and fantastic shower. I loved the bench seat in the shower! I could have sat there soaking for ages! There are electric blinds that come down for privacy but it still wouldn't have suited my kids as there was a slight gap between the blinds in the corner that cheeky siblings could have peered through!

The King sized bed was firm (as they all are in Asia) but amazingly comfortable. I'm normally not a down pillow fan but these pillows combined with that comfy bed meant I slept 10 hours straight the first night, an unheard of feat for me!

Housekeeping were very efficient and kept the room spotless. Airconditioning was excellent.

The pool is large and has a wonderful view, but as others said quite cold. I'm not quite sure why when its 40 degrees outside. Havings said that, it was great to cool off on super hot afternoons, some other hotel pools we stayed in on the same trip were much the same temperature as the air and not at all refreshing.

The club lounge is open from 6am to midnight, serving breakfast from 6am which was very welcome when we had an early tour one day. Breakfast was surprisingly extensive including eggs to order, the Asian choices always very good. Coffee and soft drinks are available all day, High Tea from 3pm to 5pm then canapes (very substantial...don't know that we ever had much for dinner) from 6 to 8pm. Cocktails (an open bar including premium spirits) from 4pm (or could be 4.30 we never got there that early) to 8pm. Great Mojito's!

The only minor dislikes we had (and I am being super picky here) are:

As an American chain hotel they tend to attract a fair number of American executives, when we were there a few groups inhabited the club lounge, sometimes chatting loudly amongst themselves.
The hotel was generally extremely quiet but the last couple of nights we stayed there was some door banging and corridor chat in the middle of the night, but remember this is Bangkok and its a party town so guests coming back to the hotel late should be expected at any hotel, it would be unfair to say this was a Renaissance issue.
As I said, I had to be super picky to even think of those things and unless you are exceptionally sensitive they wouldn't affect your stay.

We used the hotel car to return us to the airport, it was efficient, timely and very comfortable at a reasonable price.

The hotel location is excellent, very close to Chit Lom station and the overhead walkway that connects all the shopping malls. There are a lot of steps up to the station (and all skytrain stations) if you want to avoid the worst of them, when you walk to the left out of the hotel doors walk into the next building on your left and take the escalator up then walk along the corridor, up the little ramp between the 2 buildings then take the stairs at the set of lifts up to the next floor, you can then walk through to the level of the station. If you want to avoid the stairs altogether you could use the lift where we used the internal stairs.

We really enjoyed our stay and recommend the hotel as a solid choice in a very good location.

Room Tip: Club Rooms are high up giving a good view
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Stayed here for a few days break during April.
We arrived early (9am) and were pleasantly surprised that the staff on the front desk organised for our room to be available so early. All staff were very helpful and friendly.
Location was fantastic, only a 5 minute walk to Skytrain and CentralWorld shopping mall (some nice restaurants here). Breakfast was fantastic, with excellent selection and even a lady who walks around giving out the smoothie of the day. Rooftop pool was lovely for a cool down in the afternoon.
My only complaint would be the prices charged. For example, we had a round of 3small draft beers and the cost was over 700 baht (around £15). The hotel transfer to DMK airport (30 minutes) was 2400 baht (it was a nice car, but still thought it was expensive)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple