“Excellent city hotel with great service”

Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel
Ranked #44 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Stayed here for several nights. Room/beds were very comfortable. Modern, new feel. Only complaint is that you can easily hear noises in the bathroom.
Nice to have free wifi in the rooms, lounge, pool, gym. Great pool and exercise facility.
Excellent spread in the Club Lounge for breakfast, afternoon tea, and evening heavy appetizers.
Staff were friendly and very helfpul. Would definitely stay again.
Located next to a BTS Skytrain station as well.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (3,521)

Reviewed March 7, 2013

The Renaissance Bangkok is a good place to stay in central Bangkok. The hotel is a good value for the location and the quality of the rooms. The hotel appears to be very new, and is well decorated and stylish.

Here is what I liked.

1. Excellent location near major shopping centers and Skytrain. I think most people would consider the major shopping centers and the Skytrain to be within walking distance even in Bangkok's heat. Also a lot of places to eat around the hotel as well, including some good restaurants at the Grand Hyatt.

2. Rooms are new and well decorated. My standard room had a full bathroom, not much of a view, and was comfortable. The air conditioning was easy to control.

3. Helpful staff. I found the staff to helpful for making dinner reservations and providing information for things to do around the hotel. I did find it odd that the staff pushed one Thai restaurant to almost everyone and wonder what if any connection the hotel has with the restaurant.

What I thought could be better

1. Housekeeping-I noticed that some areas, for example behind a lamp or in areas that might be harder to clean, there are signs that the staff is not cleaning those areas. Also, my first day in the hotel I had to ask for a dental kit for my room because the staff did not place one in the room as they are supposed to.

2. Pool-I like to swim, both for recreation and fitness. I found the pool on the water in the pool to be very cool, almost cold. This contrasted greatly with the very warm breeze blowing through the pool area. I felt chilled, and quite uncomfortable. Also, and I know there is nothing the hotel can do about this, but there was a lot of noise from a nearby construction site which really destroyed the atmosphere.

3. Food offerings-I love to eat, especially fine dinning and was disappointed at the offerings at the hotel. I would expect at least one really find restaurant here, and I just did not see anything attractive.

If it were not for these three items, I would have rated the hotel a 5. However, I would still return. The hotel is a good value, and is centrally located.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Well I love this hotel. The location is fantastic, right next to the skytrain and easy walking to more shopping, cinemas and restaurants than you could possibly need. I've never stayed so centrally before and I would definitely choose this again based just on the convenience.

That said, the rest of the hotel is everything you would expect from a recently opened 5*. The staff were polite and very helpful, the breakfast was delicious and extensive, the beds simply perfect and the rooms stylish and spacious.

It's not a hotel for sun worshippers since the pool is undercover, however it is perfect for swimming since much of the time we were there the pool was totally deserted.

We stayed for five nights and I could easily have stayed for five more.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2013

This is a beautiful hotel. Rooms are large and very updated with large bathroom and the best water pressure in Thailand! Hotel facilities are very modern with nice lobby, spa and great restaurant. The roof top pool is not to be missed. Overall, great experience!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Perfect few days attending a Conference. The room was good, but beware of the "box" at the end of the bed, it can be a real hazard in a dark room. Buffet breakfast was normal quality for a Thai Hotel of this standard. THere was a bit of a mix uo at check in, however they did finally find a double room for my husband and I.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 2, 2013

The reception was impeccable; my boyfriend and I were greeted with warm smiles, drinks, and some really special local candies - all a recipe for happy guests. Check-in was a breeze; our room was delightfully clean and comfortable.

I was undecided about the daily breakfast in the hotel, but thanks to my boyfriend's insistence, I was in for a treat every morning. They served fresh fruit smoothies everyday, along with various juices and Thai beverages.

The food was really good. I would eat plate after plate of cabbage rolls. However, on our last day, I was disappointed to realize that they weren't serving them. But to my surprise, the manager came to our table and gave me plate of like over a dozen rolls! Turns out my boyfriend went to tell her my love of them and asked her if she could get the chef to whip some up for me.

As we had no clue on what good restaurants there were, we approached the front desk, and they offered to help us make dinner reservations for each night. Their recommendations were really good, and perfectly suited to our preferences.

The hotel is tucked away from the bustle of the main shopping strip, so it's quiet at night, and we don't have to wrestle our way back. That said, it's only a minute's walk out to the main road, and all the conveniences are right there. There's tons of food places nearby, and it's certainly a shopping haven.

The mall nearby that's connected to the Grand Hyatt is highly recommended if you're looking for designer goods. My boyfriend and I went nuts at Club 21 Men! They stock brands like Balmain, Givenchy, Alexander McQueen, (my favorites), Junya Watanabe, and Dries van Noten, (bf's favorites) just to name a few. They also have the women's store, which is remarkably bigger, and a Givenchy store (only women's).

However, do note that the stuff sold by Club 21 (including the Givenchy, Marni, etc, stores) are more expensive than their regional (headquarter) branch in Singapore. Of course, when you compare prices to those stateside, it's quite a bit more. Some 20% more. So we did hold back and I just got couple of shoes and a few tees from Givenchy, since everywhere else sold out.

Now, the facilities. Firstly, our private bathroom was amazing. It bright, it was huge, and glass screen can really get the mood going. The pool is extremely cool. It perches right at the top of the hotel and you get expansive views of Bangkok's skyline. The gym was also well equipped and the communal bathroom was clean and rather sparsely populated.

Check-out was just as painless as check in. They didn't even check our minibar! We called for the bellboy to help us with our baggage and they happily obliged.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jonah L
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I had the wonderful pleasure of spending 6-nights, starting New Year's Eve. The courteous staff welcomed us with a refreshing drink and made a special effort to get us into a room by 11 AM; within 1 hour of arrival. To pass the time we were sent up to the spa for tea and intro to spa services, fitness center and pool area.

During the entire stay if something was needed, it was provided within 1-2 minutes of putting down the phone.

The location is superb to shopping, restaurants, spa services and more. The hotel has several restaurants on the property; as well as kiosk cafe with delicious sandwiches, pastries and refreshments.

I would undoubtly stay here again!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends