Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel
$159
$91
Travelocity
3,723 results
All reviewsthe club loungecentral worldindoor poolchit lom bts stationerawan shrineplatinum memberjw marriottsiam paragonwalking distancetop floorcorner roommajor shoppingexcellent hotellocation is greatrain showerbreakfast buffethotel is located
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We spent 2 day at Bangok and the place is really good. Great location, good service and the rooms are clean and spacious! The restaurants are expensive but a good option for families and children who are affraid about the spicy food! I really recommend it for you stay in Bangkok!

Room Tip: Go to the italian restaurant! Good alternative for children!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Recently visited Bangkok for the first time and booked a three night stay here at the Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong hotel. Keep in mind, I booked my room blindly, not knowing the surroundings and whatnot. I could have not been more surprised.

The hotel is excellent, rated a 5 star hotel. Price wasn't too bad considering but the cleanliness of the hotel was on par. That's a big plus, especially with my girlfriend on the trip. She's a bit of a neat freak. Room was pretty spacious and the bathroom was nice and big. It comes with a tub and a shower so you get the best of both worlds.

The staff was excellent and VERY helpful. I didn't plan the trip out thoroughly and had to ask a lot of questions. The staff here was very helpful in pointing me in the right direction and offering many options that I could have taken while in Bangkok. I felt no pressure from them to purchase the packages that were offered there at the hotel. Very professional and helpful.

One thing that I must rave about as well is the room service. The food is EXCELLENT. I ordered the Pad Thai (a personal favorite) and I've never had anything close to as good as the one that I ordered here. We also tried the Pandan Pancakes with diced mangos, drenched in coconut sauce. MY GOODNESS. You kidding me? Seriously, it might be worth it to go to Bangkok just for the room service. Food is THAT LEGIT.

My review is getting long enough and I didn't even touch LOCATION. The hotel is walking distance to all the major malls. Siam Center, Siam Paragon, Central World, they're all just a short 10-15 minute walk away. Very centralized location.

Would I hesitate to come again? Never. I actually know where I'm staying next time I visit Bangkok.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 23, 2013

This is a 5 star hotel if you are a platinum or gold member of the marriott chain. You could eat and drink all day in the lounge if you are a member. There is even free booze. The staff is awesome and very helpful. There are 4 luxury malls that surround the hotel. Bank within walking distance to exchange money, but i found exchange kiosk at the sky train were better rates. You are less then 5 mins from the sky train. Look out for the people in yellow polo's trying to sell you trips.

Jan weather 90 degree Plus... High humidity.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank bonroxie
Reviewed February 21, 2013

In general Marriott hotels are known for tendering business executive travelers. So, when we arrived at Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprason Hotel, we, as vacationers, were pleasantly surprised by well-informed greetings (they knew exactly who we were) at Front Desk with smiles. The entire check-in process was quick and efficient even though it was 2 am. Our room (junior suite) was very modern and clean with wonderful city view. they even upgraded our room to executive suite on last day as a complimentary service. One of the best part was breakfast service at executive lounge, which was located at 21st floor with the great view. It was very clean and reflected high-class service with great foods. Their service, especially concierge, was very professional with constant smiling. One time, we ran out of local currency for a taxi, and, one staff on concierge went to his locker to get the local currency for us to pay a taxi, again with smile. The hotel's public image may be focusing on business travelers, however, serving pleasure vacationers with the highest level business precision to the detailed service element, and, permanent (and genuine) smiles on their faces, will bring us back again and again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Our cabbie from the port had a hard time finding the hotel, but when he did we were impressed from the start. A cold glass of guava juice was our wellcome, and once we made it to our room we were impressed, The furniture was comfy, the bath with shower and tub was something else and later on we loved the pool on a high floor with all of Bangkok at our feet. Shopping is everywhere, and it gave us a great break as an overnight from the ship. Having the internet in the room was a mixed blessing as I got some bad news from home. Everyone was very helpful and we loved our stay. I stayed on a free night and had no issues with the value

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple