Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel
$230
$188
Orbitz.com
3,723 results
All reviewsthe club loungecentral worldindoor poolchit lom bts stationerawan shrineplatinum memberjw marriottsiam paragonwalking distancetop floorcorner roommajor shoppingexcellent hotellocation is greatrain showerbreakfast buffethotel is located
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

Of all the hotels I've stayed in in the past few years, this hotel is no doubt one of the best. The room is quite large. Bathroom is also fairly large although not as large as Westin Siray Bay in Phuket. It's got a very nice 25-meter indoor swimming pool on the top floor. The only problem with the pool is the water is very cold. After only 20mins swim (I can normally do 45 mins), I had to stop because the cold water made me dizzy.

Another criticism I have is with the buffet breakfast. Not of the quality, but the choice. It would be nice to have a wider variety of Thai fusion dish like Westin Siray Bay Phuket.

Location-wise, it's quite strategically located. It's about 15 min walk away from MBK Centre, most of which is along the Sky Walk.

Will I stay at this hotel again? ABSOLUTELY!

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Perfect Business Hotel or simply for those on Holidays.

Rooms are very comfortable, modern but with class. They look into details and this is something that I really appreciate.

Few meters away from Chit Lom BTS station making it very convenient to move around Bangkok at a very reasonable price but more of all "SPEED" as traffic in Bangkok sucks. Also located at 10 minutes walk from Central Grand and Gaysorn Shipping Malls, 15 minutes walk from Siam Paragon Mall and then you name it to anywhere close Siam Square.

Their Star of my stay was THE BREAKFAST. I Travelled quite a lot in my life and this hotel has one of the best Breakfast I ever have in an hotel. Until now another hotel chain in Rio de Janeiro impressed me more than 20 years ago, but after my stay at the Renaissance Bangkok, this is by far the best.

Room service was good and prices are standard.

Strong suggest you to have your Marriott Rewards with you prior check in as it will give you a wide range of benefits during your stay.

I will definitely consider this hotel when I am next in Bangkok.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We had 2 rooms for 4 nights. The rooms were modern and comfortable. The bathroom was spacious, and the windowed bathroom didn't bother us as it had electric curtains.The hotel offered a wonderful buffet breakfast that was included in our room price.. The best part of our stay is that the location is at a,sky train stop. The first couple of days we used taxis,- bit after getting stuck in Bangkok traffic a couple of times, we took the sky train which was clean, fast and easy to navigate.. This was a huge bonus and would encourage us to return to the hotel.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Stayed over Christmas with partner and had a great time. Lovely refuge from heat and action of the city.
Pros: Staff fabulous - courteous and helpful. Room well appointed, quiet and comfortable. Location good if you like shopping. Close to Sky Train to access other parts of Bangkok. Great restaurant.
Cons: the local area doesn't have much in the way of good restaurants or fun dining, there are better areas for this. Decor - lots of glass, black marble and bling made parts of hotel a bit dark and cave like, eg restaurant, downstairs bar.
Overall, excellent, comfortable hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 8, 2013

The staff welcomed us when we arrived early on the first day of our honeymoon and very kindly let us into our room at 9am. We upgraded as we were on our HM and whilst it is very pricey, we couldn't have asked for a nicer hotel room. Fluffy dissing gowns and slippers waiting for us at the end of our HUGE bed and magnificent panoramic views around Bangkok. The staff were delightful and the hotel itself is situated right in the shopping district which was a great base for getting around.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple