“Perfect”

Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel
Ranked #46 of 881 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely loved this hotel. The design is absolutely gorgeous and immaculate, staff speak fantastic English and are very professional and helpful, the beds are comfy, the breakfast buffet is the best we've had in Thailand and it is very central. Considering its price, it's the best valued hotel we've ever stayed at. The only thing that would improve this hotel in my opinion would be having an outdoor pool. Will definitely stay here or in another Marriott hotel again!

• Stayed: January 2013
There are newer reviews for Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel

Reviewed January 6, 2013

I've only really stayed at a few fancy hotels so it is hard for me to compare but this was by far the best I have been to. The hotel is nice and clean and beautiful throughout. The staff are very helpful and I have to give extra credit to the concierge as their recommendations on restaurants and help with booking tours were excellent. We only stayed 3 nights so we only asked them to recommend 2 restaurants. The first one was Mango Tree(thai restaurant). This is the same company which has a branch in London. I haven't been to the London branch but the food was tasty and reasonable on the wallet. The service was as expected. I will definitely be visiting the London branch soon. The second recommendation was Gaggan(indian restaurant). We were told if we were 5 mins late we would lose out reservation. Only after we were there we realised why. It got very busy. Let me say the food was mediocre but the service was exceptional. Chef Gaggan spent plenty of time talking to us and the host Super Chai was another level. He took great care of us. He even fed my mate who ordered the tasting menu. Who does that? They offer a service where you can sit in an area where you can see inside the kitchen and lab. They mix science with food and use liquid nitrogen in some dishes. Please note you need to book 3 weeks in advance to sit in this area. We were unfortunate as we didn't even know such thing existed but they were kind enough to give us a tour of the kitchen and lab as well as introduce us to all the staff. Oh and the desserts...you must try the liquid magma if you are big on desserts.

Ok so back to the hotel. They put us on the highest level and the views were amazing. The rooms were spacious, modern and comfortable. The beds were a dream. I slept like a baby throughout my stay. On the second day when we got back from our day out we found complementary bags on our beds. Something you wouldn't normally expect. We didn't manage to eat at the hotel but the restaurants inside look top quality. I think they have 2 or 3. I found breakfast to be repetitive but I guess its probably the same everywhere you go. It was nice though and no one had any stomach issues from food throughout our holiday, even when food was provided on day tours. The swimming pool is cold but looks fab. We didn't use the gym but it was well equipped. The sauna and steam rooms were in the mens changing room area and were decent too. I assume they had a separate one for the ladies.

If you need to change currency there is a place around the corner and their rates were good at the time we were there. Here in the UK we were getting 46 baht to £1 but they were doing it for 48.5 bhat to £1. Do not get bhat from UK, you will get a better rate out there. Remember not to accept ripped or damaged notes otherwise you will have trouble using it as no one will except it. Also next to the currency exchange you will find a Boots, Starbucks and McDonalds.

If you wish to go for a massage then ask the concierge and they will probably send you to one which is just 5 mins walk. It is a good place with reasonable prices. Next door to the massage parlour they have a convenience store if you wants snacks or sweets or drinks.

There is a sky train station around the corner or you could get a taxi but depending on the time of day but you can get stuck in traffic. Remember to always haggle with the taxi drivers.

If you want to shop then go to MBK centre or visit the night market. The night market was fully operational on Thursday but Fri and Sat they didn't have a lot out as they were scared of the police as I think they are trying to crack down on fake goods so our shopping experience wasn't that great but we managed to pick up some good bargains on watches and bags. Their fake watches are close to the real thing. Remember haggle haggle haggle :)

It was my first time to Thailand and I have to say the thai people are very friendly. I don't think you can have a bad experience with food and there is plenty of options for the vegetarians. If I was to go back to Bangkok I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dipesh K
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Great room, great service, great location! Exactly what Renaissance stands for! Thanks for a wonderful stay! I asked for childcare to be arranged but unfortunately they were unable to provide it even though they advertise the service. The breakfast buffet is to die for!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We stayed at the Renaissance twice during our recent trip to Thailand and on both occasions it was memorable. The hotel is located in Ploen Chit, just steps away from the Chit Lom BTS station and within walking distance of Central World, Siam Paragon, etc. It's also steps away from Starbucks, McDonalds, Watsons, etc. if you need any of those amenities. But it's also a world away from the craziness (and sleeze) of the area around Nana where many other hotels are located.

The hotel itself is absolutely lovely, with beautiful, well-equipped guestrooms, excellent service, and a terrific health club and gym. We didn't use the restaurants, so I can't comment on those.

Staff couldn't have been more pleasant or helpful. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Stayed at hotel for several nights and it was a very nice place to be, had a club lounge room at 19th floor, nice and clean room with a nice view of the Bangkok skyline.

One of the benefits to the hotel is that it is rather new, about 3-4 years, and also slightly removed from the traffic, therefore not any noise from traffic. It’s also in a shopping area and BTS station Chit lom just nearby gives you easy access to Bangkok.

I had the club /Executive lounge benefits and I recommend ordering those. It’s one of the better Executive lounges I have experienced. Nice small food and the service are really top!

About facilities at the hotel; just tried one restaurant, the Italian restaurant LaTavola, and it have very nice food, but as always at hotels, a little pricy. Gym at top floor is good and a nice place to work out with better equipment then many other hotels.

About service: Service at this hotel is very good. On this trip I stayed on two other hotels in Bangkok, Shangri-La and Oriental Residence and I must say that service level on this hotel is one of the best I have experienced, maybe just beaten by Oriental Residence Bangkok. Nice and friendly staff and I for sure recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Room on higher floor
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Atle H
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stayed at Executive Club room and we could access to Exeucutive Lounge which has concierge for only for the guests staying in Exe rooms. Very comfortable and quick to arrange everything!! Nice bar time from 16;30 - 20:30 everyday, coffee time 24hrs, afternoon tea, which are all free:-) Great Asian atmosphere at the hotel lobby!! Successfully escaped from the reality!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Great hotel, best location close to Skytrain and only a few stops from MBK and the new Terminal 21.
Rooms comfortable, breakfast buffet great, the gym has everything you need. We didn't use the pool as it was indoor but the area was pleasant enough.
Staff were, as usual in BKK, very pleasant and helpful.
We visit BKK a couple of times a year and would happily stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends