Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel
Hotels.com
$173
$139
3,724 results
All reviewsthe club loungecentral worldindoor poolchit lom bts stationerawan shrineplatinum memberjw marriottsiam paragonwalking distancetop floorcorner roommajor shoppingexcellent hotellocation is greatrain showerbreakfast buffethotel is located
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 31, 2012

I have got my first chance to stay in Bangkok first time in JAN 12. When I reach the hotel, it was too early but still they can provide me the room...... I'm extremely happy with the hotel services..... Perfect warm welcome experience.... It's one of the best hotel that is luxury as well as modern. It was the perfect choice to select to stay in this hotel...... Only one phase for this hotel-> "I got one of the best relaxation period in my life"

Room Tip: Put the request for high floor and corner room of the hotel you'll get one of the best panorama view in Bangkok!!!!!
2  Thank Korn_gavE
Reviewed January 29, 2012

We stayed only one night but the experience was enjoyable. Modern and trendy hotel with great service and conveniently located close to Siam Square area and all the shopping malls.
We got a room on a high floor - comfortable yet small, the typical Marriott high-standadrd. The bathroom was very modern, with glass walls and all the amenities you can expect.
Huge breakfast choice - they even come around the tables offering fresh smoothies and just baked pastries. We tried several choices: fried rice, muffins and other pastries, dumplings, fritata, smoothies, congé, fruits... everything was fresh and tasty.
Finally, after our check-out, a very helpful staff member took us to the entrance of the Maneeya Centre and explained us how to get to the BTS avoiding the stairs.
NB: to access the hotel from the public transports, the BTS station Chit Lom is recommended. At this station look for the Maneeya Centre entrance. From there, the way to the hotel is signed.

1  Thank hazinheira
Reviewed January 28, 2012

I've been to Bangkok over 5 times in the last year and have tried the hyatt, westin etc. - this property has been the best thus far. The only draw back - 1. not many cabbies knew where this hotel was since its fairly new. 2. theyre booking process was confusing (we thought we had the room for 50% of the price we paid due to some discount only for bangkok residents).

Besides the above, the rooms were great, clean, food is great, location is amazing, saved us enough time during the day. Its one of those hidden secrets I guess. Must try.

1  Thank dudeitsg
Reviewed January 27, 2012

Stayed during chinese new year, and the property was one of the most beautiful places I have ever stayed. Marriott owner in the U.S and very proud of brand standard maintained overseas. deffinatly above brand standard for the USA. Location excellent, in between Chidlom and cental world shopping malls. Easy access to walk to everything.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 26, 2012

Came to Bangkok for a conference located in the Hyatt Erawan next door to the Renaissance. I enjoyed the 4min walk every morning & evening to the venue, creating some distance between a busy day and a quiet room. Stayed in a room on floor 15, nice and quiet, although the glass walled bathroom may not be everybody's cup of tea, it makes the room appear very spacious and bright. The decor is decent and modern, with sufficient storage available (stayed here for a week). Staying here on business, I particularly liked the full-size office table and (for once!) enough electrical plugs in all the right spots. In-room WiFi worked well and, although you had to renew it every 24hrs, it was complimentary for all my 4 connected devices when I joined the Marriot frequent lyer program. Housekeeping was flawless, laundry services faster than expected and the staff was very friendly and helpful.

The downside of this hotel is certainly its "rooftop" pool, which is actually located under the roof, with only limited views to the city through glass walls. Reception staff was very friendly but too slow, both on arriving and when checking out. Given the somewhat elevated terror warning level during my stay, there was a metal detector installed in the lobby - but nobody really cared, so I guess that was pretty much for the show.

Would stay here again on business when in town.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business