“Very beautiful hotel - Club Level perks great” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel

Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel
Ranked #45 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Atlanta, Georgia
“Very beautiful hotel - Club Level perks great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2011

We booked this hotel using Marriott points, based on the excellent reviews on this website. We have not been disappointed. We are on our second stay here during our two weeks in SE Asia. The door is always opened for us with a welcome greeting and the staff is always very eager to help. The first stay, we were in a smaller room, but still VERY nice. We had access to the Club Level, which was great. Although the breakfast at the restaurant Flavor was amazing - so much variety. It was too much! :)

On our second stay, we were upgraded to a suite, which was amazing. Huge room and bathroom with wonderful views. And again, all the perks of the Club Level.

One other "average" review noted their mini-bar was not fully stocked. Ours weren't either, but I feel confident they keep an inventory of everything that is placed in the bar. We never took anything and weren't charged for anything. As it should be! This is a Marriott for pete's sake - they know what they are doing! And if something is missing from your mini bar that you would like, just pick up the phone and ask for it.

At the front desk, anything we needed help with, they were quick to assist and always friendly. We liked the location, but a couple of taxi drivers we encountered didn't know where it was. It's in a good location, but perhaps still too new?

A lovely hotel and would definitely recommend.

Since we used points, I cannot rate the value of this hotel as unfortunately, I don't know what the rate would have been. Obviously there are much cheaper hotels to be found, but if you are looking for a really nice hotel, this is great.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lori B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (549)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2011

As many people have mentioned, the service here is absolutely fantastic. I arrived early in the morning, very tired after a night flight, and was immediately checked into my room early. I LOVE that! The staff are always genuinely warm and friendly, and nothing is too much trouble.
The room I had was spacious, gorgeous comfy king size bed, and lovely big bathroom.
The location is within walking distance of all the great shopping centres- CentralWorld, MBK, and so on....shopper's paradise! I liked that it was set back from the main road. It is a little quieter.
I had the buffet breakfast, which was standard 5 star with lots of choice.
The pool was lovely but freezing cold.
I would stay here again, particularly at the price.

Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Petal57
Taiwan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2011

this hotel is just next to erawan, close to central world shopping center. their services are excellent, the doorman can recognize us immediately. strongly recommend their breakfast and swimming pool.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Labuan Island, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2011

Our room is not ready when we arrived at around 2:30pm. We were advise the rooms to be readied in 30 minutes, so we opt to sit at the lobby and wait. After about 15 minutes, we were told being upgraded to Club Room and as such we can use the Club Lounge while waiting for our room. We were escorted to the Club Lounge, a nice gesture. Anyhow the Club Lounge has too little to offer. Definitely not a five star Club Lounge.

The room is great, we like all the amenities in the room. Particularly that you can easily connect your laptop or ipad to the TV, with the cables provided.

Visited the Health Club and did not use it. The pool on the top floor has great view of the city.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alvin H
Kuala Lumpur
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2011

Things did not begin well for the hotel, it was set some way back from the main road and winds through a rather shabby carpark. Once past that, there's not a step wrong.
The lobby was rather futuristic and classy, and the check in was both smooth and polite.
The corridors and the rest of the hotel I passed through on my way to the room was very nice and new. I was subsequently told that the hotel had undergone a refit not too long ago.
My room was large enough, and had an airy modern feel to it. Bath too was great with a rain-shower. Views? Well, its a city hotel after all so as long as it didn't have a view of a junkyard or another building ten feet away I wouldn't complain too much.
Breakfast selection was ample, and was excellent, particularly the selection of fruits.
Location is great as its in the midst of the touristy areas so you wont have to walk far to find decent shopping and food.
All in a very good rating for this place.

Room Tip: None really. Our rather large group was scattered throughout the hotel and no one reported any issue...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Qaanaaq, Greenland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2011

Stayed here on a complimentary Marriott Rewards certificate for one night on my birthday. I took a cab from a neighboring hotel and the Renaissance is a 5-star property. Long, private guarded driveway leads to the hotel, and the Bell Hop/Check-In personnel were outstanding. The room was of the typical Renaissance caliber: Wonderful bed, flatscreen TV, great workstation, large bath with glass walls and fine soaps/bath items.

Went for lunch at their Flavors restaurant, which serves good a la carte items for a decent price (tea, appetizer, bread basket, beer, main course and creme brule dessert for just over 1000 Baht). I went to Flavors for the breakfast buffet the following day and it was absolutely great. TONS of local and Western items to choose from... all very delectable for under 800 Baht.

I took a walk around the neighborhood and there are many shops, food carts and other hotels in the area, offering endless choices. It was also close to the MRT station.

Before dinner, I went upstairs to the pool and it was incredible. It's an indoor/outdoor with views of the entire city and a very modern design/landscaping setup. There were several in-pool loungers and full hot shower stalls with overhead rainshower fixtures and body wash/shampoo/conditioner dispensers. Great place to swim laps and/or relax.

For dinner, their Italian restaurant was booked for a private function, but I went across to the Chinese restaurant Fei Ya and the menu looked fabulous. I ordered a nice bottle of wine, the mushroom appetizer, the sweet & sour pork main course, and the lemon/lime jelly dessert. Everything was fantastic, for just under 3000 Baht. 5-star service all the way and the waitresses went out of their way to help me with some of the menu items and in learning some key Thai phrases. The Peking Duck is their specialty, but as I was eating solo, I did not feel the need to devour such a large course. Good thing, because a friend had contacted the hotel to inform them that it was my birthday and they sent up a fine cake from their bakery as soon as I returned to my room.

All in all, it was your standard Marriott/Renaissance experience. Top of the line, everything you need within the hotel, and their "At your Service" phone concierge will get you whatever you want, whenever you want. Great stay.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2011

We were greeted at the reception with a refreshing drink and were offered our choice of rooms. The room was large, comfortably furnished and had a nice view. The bed was especially comfortable and the bathroom was large and with nice amenities. The shower had both a regular shower and a rain shower. The room came with wifi and the food in the restaurant was excellent. On my return to Bangkok I will stay there again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends