“To sum it up: Great Hotel!”

Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel
Ranked #48 of 851 Hotels in Bangkok
Kuala Lumpur
“To sum it up: Great Hotel!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2011

Things did not begin well for the hotel, it was set some way back from the main road and winds through a rather shabby carpark. Once past that, there's not a step wrong.
The lobby was rather futuristic and classy, and the check in was both smooth and polite.
The corridors and the rest of the hotel I passed through on my way to the room was very nice and new. I was subsequently told that the hotel had undergone a refit not too long ago.
My room was large enough, and had an airy modern feel to it. Bath too was great with a rain-shower. Views? Well, its a city hotel after all so as long as it didn't have a view of a junkyard or another building ten feet away I wouldn't complain too much.
Breakfast selection was ample, and was excellent, particularly the selection of fruits.
Location is great as its in the midst of the touristy areas so you wont have to walk far to find decent shopping and food.
All in a very good rating for this place.

Room Tip: None really. Our rather large group was scattered throughout the hotel and no one reported any issue...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (556)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Qaanaaq, Greenland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2011

Stayed here on a complimentary Marriott Rewards certificate for one night on my birthday. I took a cab from a neighboring hotel and the Renaissance is a 5-star property. Long, private guarded driveway leads to the hotel, and the Bell Hop/Check-In personnel were outstanding. The room was of the typical Renaissance caliber: Wonderful bed, flatscreen TV, great workstation, large bath with glass walls and fine soaps/bath items.

Went for lunch at their Flavors restaurant, which serves good a la carte items for a decent price (tea, appetizer, bread basket, beer, main course and creme brule dessert for just over 1000 Baht). I went to Flavors for the breakfast buffet the following day and it was absolutely great. TONS of local and Western items to choose from... all very delectable for under 800 Baht.

I took a walk around the neighborhood and there are many shops, food carts and other hotels in the area, offering endless choices. It was also close to the MRT station.

Before dinner, I went upstairs to the pool and it was incredible. It's an indoor/outdoor with views of the entire city and a very modern design/landscaping setup. There were several in-pool loungers and full hot shower stalls with overhead rainshower fixtures and body wash/shampoo/conditioner dispensers. Great place to swim laps and/or relax.

For dinner, their Italian restaurant was booked for a private function, but I went across to the Chinese restaurant Fei Ya and the menu looked fabulous. I ordered a nice bottle of wine, the mushroom appetizer, the sweet & sour pork main course, and the lemon/lime jelly dessert. Everything was fantastic, for just under 3000 Baht. 5-star service all the way and the waitresses went out of their way to help me with some of the menu items and in learning some key Thai phrases. The Peking Duck is their specialty, but as I was eating solo, I did not feel the need to devour such a large course. Good thing, because a friend had contacted the hotel to inform them that it was my birthday and they sent up a fine cake from their bakery as soon as I returned to my room.

All in all, it was your standard Marriott/Renaissance experience. Top of the line, everything you need within the hotel, and their "At your Service" phone concierge will get you whatever you want, whenever you want. Great stay.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2011

We were greeted at the reception with a refreshing drink and were offered our choice of rooms. The room was large, comfortably furnished and had a nice view. The bed was especially comfortable and the bathroom was large and with nice amenities. The shower had both a regular shower and a rain shower. The room came with wifi and the food in the restaurant was excellent. On my return to Bangkok I will stay there again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Khajorn
Lone Tree, CO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2011

Going forward, this Renaissance will be my address whenever in Bangkok. High tech rooms, excellent health club, awesome food and consistently great service delivered by genuinely nice staff.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2011

This was my first stay at this property… not sure how it escaped my attention. I usually have stayed at the Hyatt Erawan, but their rates have climbed of late. Got a great rate here, and was pleasantly surprised. This is a very new property, can’t be more than a couple years old. Modern, spacious lobby, although I found the bar area a bit noisy when I tried to have a drink with a colleague there.

I was upgraded to the Concierge level, so was less than ten meters from my room to the Concierge Lounge. VERY NICE. Excellent breakfast, and a terrific evening array of foods and drinks.

The room was very well executed, and a supremely comfy bed. Nice view over the Hyatt and the Horse Track. There’s a huge hole in the ground adjacent, so if that gets built, it’ll kill the view from that side of the hotel. But, that hole’s been there for several years, so not to worry just now. Spacious bathroom.

Great location, as it’s only a two minute walk to the BTS Chitlom station, putting a lot of Bangkok almost at your doorstep… this is why I’d preferred the Hyatt previously. (Once they complete the elevated walkway from the Ren to BTS, it'll be even nicer.

So, fully on par with the Hyatt, but at a fraction of the cost. Score!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2011

I have recently returned home from a four country trip through Asia, which began with a stay at the Renaissance Bangkok. I absolutely loved this hotel. Since it was my first trip to Thailand, I did a lot of research on Bangkok hotels. But it seemed like for every rave review I would find on any particular hotel, there would be an equal amount of luke warm reviews - and not just a few horror stories. And that included the big five star chains. I had actually resigned myself to the fact that you cannot get a true high end hotel experience in Bangkok.

Well, I could not have been more wrong. The Renaissance was wonderful. Great location, very nice rooms and everything about the place seemed new and modern. But without question, as many of the other reviewers have pointed out, the best thing about the hotel was the service. From the concierge to the reception staff to the waitresses in the RBar, everyone was charming, eager to help and very knowledgeable.

As a first time traveler to Bangkok, I needed a lot of help: Is there a good coffee shop around here (I hate Starbucks)? Where can I go for a great Thai lunch? Are there any good jazz bars in Bangkok? Where's the best place to see Muay Thai? I was a pain in the butt. But the staff actually seemed to enjoy helping and coming up with suggestions. And if the place I chose required a taxi, someone would either write out the directions in Thai or step out front a speak to the driver directly. And they would always follow up the next day and ask me if I enjoyed where ever it was they recommended.

I realize that these things should be standard service in a four or five star hotel, but I find that to be less and less the case these days. And, of course, the outstanding service went far beyond helping me find places to eat, drink, listen to music and watch Thai fighters beat the hell out of each other. Everything about the place seemed centered around providing a stress free environment, while still making sure the guests had everything they needed (whether those needs were food, fun or business). In the end, there was just something about the genuine warmth and polite enthusiasm of the Renaissance crew that made the experience really stand out for me.

My next stop was the Marina Bay Sands in Singapore, with its spectacular SkyPark atop the 57th floor. But the truth was, I didn't want to leave Thailand and the lovely Renaissance Bangkok. My instincts were right. At literally four times the cost, the Marina Bay Sands was a definite step down from the amenities and personalized service of the Renaissance.

I can't wait to get back to Thailand. And this time, I won't have to research hotels for Bangkok. I miss the Renaissance already.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank robert s
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2011

Amazing hotel, location, and service. The first night we had to switch rooms due to a connecting room which I'm never a big fan. So later in the night we kept hearing foot steps and other random noises. So we ask to be moved to a regular room that's not a connecting room. Overall very very satisfied, love the grand buffet breakfast must stay here AGAIN!

• Stayed October 2011