Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel
Travelocity
$173
$139
3,724 results
All reviewsthe club loungecentral worldindoor poolchit lom bts stationerawan shrineplatinum memberjw marriottsiam paragonwalking distancetop floorcorner roommajor shoppingexcellent hotellocation is greatrain showerbreakfast buffethotel is located
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 3, 2011

This hotel must have the most beautiful pool area I have been to for inner city.
Very easy to get to all sites via cab. Every detail was taken care of so well. Upon arrival we were guided to our room personally escorted. She stated to us what was exactly there for our taking...beautiful tub in the middle of the room felt to relaxing after such a long long flight from the States...Everyone was so eager to see that we had everything me needed I would highly suggest this hotel

Room Tip: We used our Marriot points however three days in Bangkok would have been plenty
  • Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EdandMags
Reviewed September 2, 2011

My wife and I spent a long weekend in Bangkok in July 2011 and stayed at the Renaissance. Driving in from the airport the hotel is a little difficult to find, but because we arranged a car and driver through the hotel we had no problems. Upon arrival we were shown to the executive lounge where we checked in. Our room was a beautiful corner room with a great view of the city.

For those of you who hit the gym, there is a nice fitness center and pool on the top floor. Nice views of the city, plenty of clean towels and new equipment.

The location is good. You are a 5 minute walk from the Skytrain which is very convenient. If you are visiting the temples and shrines plan on 30 minutes by taxi. If you want to be more adventurous, try the Skytrain to the river and then take a river taxi.

All and all, a great stay. Getting around was always a bit of a challenge, but should be expected in any major city.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank ltleeds1
Reviewed August 31, 2011

Nothing major wrong with the hotel but overall didnt find this to be up to 5 star level.

Liked:
Service/staff is great.
Location next to Chit Lom metro station.
Design - modern and slick minimalistic design

Disliked:
Breakfast - great service, but quality and spread was no where near 5 star quality, had to ask to get properly fresh juice instead of the watered down version.
Pool - indoor pool very nicely done but too small for this size hotel. Freezing cold! A place for doing laps. Not a place to lounge around and enjoy a break from sightseeing.
Noise - luckily we were not majorly disturbed by noise but occasionally heard the neighbours talking (not shouting). In my mind it is a complete no-go for a 5 star hotel to have inadequate soundproofing.

Overall, yes at first glance the price seems good for a 5 star hotel but in reality it is just average value for money. Next time I will save 40 dollars booking an equally adequate 4 start hotel or I will spend the extra 40 dollars to book a real 5 star hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Bettestep
Reviewed August 31, 2011

For my 1st trip to Bangkok, I chose this superb stylish hotel due to a special offer from Marriott website. My friend and I were disappointed that our request for twin beds was not honoured, however our deluxe room on 19th floor was very nice, clean, confortable, decorated with style, very modern design... The entire hotel has such a trendy style, including the unique swimming pool on top. Italian and breakfast restaurants were good. Breakfast buffet was huge and offered variety, freshness and good quality food. All the staff was very nice and helpful. Definitively, we are going back to this hotel, we love it sooo much!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 30, 2011

I stayed at the Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong from 25-20 August 2011 with my partner for a week-long vacation.

Location wise, it is located just 5 minutes walk from the BTS sky train and right across from the huge Central shopping centre. Overall, it was great location, but still had lots of privacy and security.

As for the room, all I can say is WOW. I had a deluxe room which has a king bed with very fine sheets, bath tub, shower enclosure, mini bar, iron, safe, hairdryer, flatscreen TV, lights with dimmer etc. It even had a writing desk with an office chair.

Breakfast was another WOW! Imagine almost 20 varieties of fresh fruits which can be pulped into fresh juice at your request. It was one of the best hotel breakfasts I've ever had, period.

Check in/out was swift, professional and warm :-)
I paid about US$100 nett per night using www.wotif.com , a great bargain and value for money!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the higher floor. I was on the 12th floor and it was peaceful and quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple