“One of my FAVORITE hotels!”

Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel
Ranked #46 of 885 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed July 20, 2011

We stayed here on Christmas day as an extra splurge during the holidays away from home. I was nervous about being so far from family on the holiday, but ended up having a GREAT holiday. The hotel was decorated and extremely classy.

The room was SO comfortable and luxurious. The bed was amazingly comfortable.

We did a buffet lunch and it was absolutely amazing. The food at the hotel was top quality and totally worth the splurge. We had gotten there a bit late and they were shutting down to prepare for the holiday dinner. Instead of rushing us out, they offered to let us have our choice from the dessert section and take it with us upstairs so we could save it for later!

I also had some point status from staying in Marriott hotels and had access to their lounge. It was great relaxing in the lounge with some cheese (a rarity in Thailand) and red wine (Incredibly rare to find quality red wine!)

The location is unbeatable. It's close to lots of shops and the skytrain so you can get around easily.

I highly recommend the Renaissance.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank explorewanderlust

Reviewed July 17, 2011

My husband and I stayed in this hotel on July 10, 2011 and enjoyed 4 nights of comfort. We were in rm 1210 which had a nice view of the city. The king size bed and soft pillows induced a refreshing nights rest. The breakfast buffet was lavish and the fresh fruits selection was sumptuous. The service was prompt and courteous. They evan had a small cake for my birthday delivered to the room. The hotel is conveniently located near a BTS station, a money changer near the Hagen Das which gave the best exchange rate and is a block away from Central Chidlom and Gaysorn shopping malls. . The next door Amarin mall is where one can get a foot or full body massage as well as sample good Thai and
continental food plus Thai souvenirs on the 3rd floor. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank QuezonCityRose
Reviewed July 10, 2011

We stayed here as part of a big group which held a wedding over several days. From start to finish we had exceptional service - extremely polished, professional, polite and friendly,and we were made to feel like honored guests. Every detail was taken care of. The room was lovely and spacious with all conveniences, the bathroom divine. The functions were unbelievablly well organized and professional, the executive chef Jose and his staff a slick and impressive team, and all round a fabulous stay. I would be hard pressed to choose between the Renaissance and the Hansar, where we spent two nights as well. My husband says the best bed he's ever slept in.... And he travels almost weekly. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jayesdee
Reviewed July 10, 2011

I had a great time at the Renaissance Ratchaprasong Hotel! I didn't mind not wandering about Bangkok on my last day and just stayed at the hotel to relax. The hotel staff are very friendly and the food is great. The location is also perfect which is just beside the BTS train station (which was very important during my holiday esp since I avoided the traffic). Just walking distance from good shopping areas and malls. Also when we were here there was an Indian Wedding so that was also very interesting. Highly recommended! Would definitely come back! :-)

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 9, 2011

We stayed at the Renaissance for four nights and overall it was a good stay, and we would definitely recommend it.

Positives:
- Very comfortable beds.
- Great breakfast with a wide selection of food (including western, indian and Thai)
- Friendly and helpful staff
- Great location right opposite a skytrain station in central Bangkok.

Negative:
- When we checked in, we were put in a smoking room, though we wanted non-smoking. The hotel said it could not put us in another room, so while we were out later that day, they cleaned the room again and put in an aroma, and the smoking smell didn't bother us again, so not a big deal overall.

All in all, the hotel was great value for money, and we fully recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank bigintangibles
Reviewed July 7, 2011

We stayed here for the first part of our Honeymoon and the hotel was incredible and very clean and the staff was very friendly. I would definitely recommend going with the upgrade to the club level - which gets you free breakfast, high tea, happy hour and private concierge services. It more than paid for itself and the staff up there went above and beyond. We can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2011

My friend and I stayed at this hotel for one night before flying back to the states. It was conveniently located downtown in a nice area for TONS of shopping. I walked to Lumpini Park and it wasn't too bad. I'm a hiker, so it was easy despite the temps. I walked a loop that took me to the park and then past shopping and the Bangkok Arts and Cultural Center. The inside of the rooms was very comfortable and clean. I didn't want to leave! The pool and workout room are amazing and the staff is absolutely friendly and helpful. You will get what you pay for here. It's quite expensive as things in Thailand go, but it was a great stay if you can afford it.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends