Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel
$251
$162
$145
3,772 results
All reviewsthe club loungecentral worldindoor poolchit lom bts stationerawan shrineplatinum memberjw marriottsiam paragonwalking distancetop floorcorner roommajor shoppingexcellent hotellocation is greatrain showerbreakfast buffethotel is located
Reviewed April 24, 2011

I was there for 9 days and nights for meeting in which I experienced almost every place service delivered in the hotel. The hotel is centrally located and just right to skytrain Chidlom.It's easy to access any place within Bangkok by skytrain and taxi.The money changer is just outside of hotel.As usual I had a lower expectation to downtown hotel as convenience sometims sacrifies the ambience. However this hotel was spectacular! The hotel lobby looked chic, elegent, the elevator looked so cool, the smell and the music in public area was great!My room was on executive floor, spacious, clean and an adorable bathroom. In general rooms at 5 star hotel is quite similar all of them maintains certain standard. However I like the color and design of this room so I had very good sleep every night up to 9 nights. The executive lounge is quite and staff was very nice. They had good wine. I went to gym a few times during my stay it was so big the facilities are so new. The best part of the facilities for me was swimming pool, it's somehow breathtaking in the night. I also dropped by their business centre a few times during my stay there was always a trainee. I was suprised she is so good and professional helping me to get my stuff delivered, my documents printed and punched. The breakfast and lunch buffet was quite OK same as other 5 star hotel. But the hotel has really brillant idea for our meeting breaks, such as fruits market, ice cream girls and chocolate display…I believe this hotel did hold a few grand meeting the service was so professional!
In general this stay was exceptional! And I seems feel like this might be a place for me to hold my wedding. .

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank FloraSS
Reviewed April 18, 2011

This hotel is very nice. The great things have been written about by other reviewers, but the bad points are as follows. The hotel is quite a ways back from the street, and there is not much streetside to entertain you. The malls are all wonderful, but not very Thai for the tourist. Another problem was the internet service. I forgot my laptop on this trip, and had to use their computers. Unfortunately, every single time I tried to enter, they were not staffed with the doors closed and locked. It was very frustrating considering I had to pay for the use of the internet the amt. of 15 dollars per hour. Highway robbery in my mind. You can rent a whole hotel room in this city for that price, and was just a way to jack up their profits as a surprise when you have already checked in. I have never paid this much for internet as lately, more and more hotels are offering it for free as a customer service. Breakfast was 25 dollars, also quite expensive considering I could have a meal at one of the finer restaurants in town for that price. As you can see from my past reviews, I don't often write bad ones, but this place really irked me for the high charges for the internet and breakfast. Being in such an isolated business oriented area, the front desk clerk and concierge both couldn't even suggest an internet cafe for me. I was stuck paying their prices. The room however was gorgeous with a stunning bathroom. No views even from the 12th floor since high rises were all around, but the bed was comfortable, and the entire unit was spacious and SPOTLESS. If you are on an expense acct and are doing business in this area, and don't care about the extra charges, then this hotel would be ideal. If you are a tourist, I would suggest something closer to things that would interest tourists. (Sky Train being close was a big plus tho.) J. Kerch

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank rgehring
Reviewed April 3, 2011

Very grand looking hotel, with an impressive foyer. Reception staff were very helpful and we were shown to a lovely room on the 16th floor. I particularly liked the styling of the room and as usual in a renaissance hotel your every need is thought of. The bathroom was especially lovely and the shower was powerful, large and had a rain shower as well as a wall shower.

I can recommend the breakfast and the variety was extensive. The omelettes were delicious but the English food was not particularly warm under the heat lamps - this is probably my only gripe with the hotel. The service in the restaurant was excellent and if anything the staff tried to be too helpful, such as offering to carry your plate of food from the counter to your table.

The hotel is situated right next to Chitlom station which meant getting around the city was very easy. Plus the hotel is within walking distance of all the great shopping centres.

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel and would recommend you stayed here too!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank juzzap
Reviewed March 23, 2011

Using Marriott points? Look no further! This has to be the best Marriott-brand location in Bangkok and we've stayed in several over the years.

Our room was a sleek modern design with a large window between the bathroom and bedroom. There is a switch that brings down a screen between the two rooms. The toilet is behind a door but the door is see-through glass. After 3 weeks in SE Asia and dozens of hotels, we deducted that Asians don't have the same need for toilet privacy as Americans. Room also included a DVD and plenty of free bottled water.

Note: The hotel does not exchange money! There are several places within a block but that does you no good if you're getting picked up for a 5am tour on a Sunday. Our terrific tour guide (search for Chob the Thai Tour Guide) spotted us some bhat after we wrongly assumed that all Marriott-brand hotels exchanged currency.

The hotel is centrally located near the Chit Lom station. We easily walked to the MBK Center, Siam Paragon and CentralWorld. CentralWorld had the Gucci and Prada stores while MBK had a grocery store (bottom level), crafts (6th floor), DVD knock-offs (4th floor) and tons of knock-off Ralph Lauren clothes on nearly every floor. At night, the sidewalks fill up with various local vendor selling everything from Krispy Kreme donuts to fashion (sizes small or extra small). A drug store and Starbucks are right around the corner.

It is also near the BTS station. You can see the platform when you exit the hotel. It takes about an hour to travel from the Suvarnabhumi International Airport (BKK) to the hotel's Chit Lom station. Buy a ticket from the agent and take the MRT rail link from the airport to the end of the line (Phayathai station). Walk from the MRT station to the BTS station (all connected, look for signs) and buy another ticket to Chit Lom. The station attendant will make change for those large Bhat bills you just got at the currency exchange. Warning!! There is no elevator at the BTS station! We had to lug our 50+ lbs of luggage (it was the end of our trip) up a steep flight of stairs in 98F temperature to get to the train platform. Once you get to Chit Lom, look for signs to exit #2 (signs will have the Renaissance listed), walk down to the sidewalk, proceed through an office building parking lot to the hotel. It is set way back from the road but the sign is visible.

Hubby is a platinum member so we were graciously upgraded to a corner room with access to the lounge. As others have stated, there is hardly anyone in the lounge for breakfast or cocktails. Not sure why but who cares after the crowded lounges of Vietnam. You check in and out on the club level. Be sure to check out the fresh juice smoothies in the refrigerator. The "herbal tiger" is quite good. There are two computers with printers. Most of the time they were available except once when some children were playing around. Thankfully their mother noticed me standing there and asked her little blessings to log off.

In case you are not informed, platinum members get 3 items washed and 3 items pressed free from laundry service during a stay.

The hotel makes fresh candy every day and bowls are located in the lounge and at the reception desk. The different colored wrappers indicate the flavor. We liked banana the best.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank WISCGirl
Reviewed March 23, 2011

I stayed at Renaissance for one night. The hotel was located very conveniently for Central Chidlom as well as the skylink to Central World and Paragon. So it is a paradise for serious shoppers.

Front of the House staff was friendly and helpful when I cheked in. The decoration of the foyer reflected the overall trendy and elegant feel of the hotel. I was given a room on the high floor and enjoyed the view of Bangkok as well as a park nearby. The room was tastefully decorated and reminded me of a posher version of the Courtyard. Sound insulation was very good and I had a very good night sleep.

I didn't have the breakfast at the hotel but had an evening meal and a drink at the R Bar. The food was delicious and the atmosphere attracted a young and trendy crowd.

Their gym and swimming pool were located on the top floor. Gym equipments were adequate and would be sufficient for keeping fit purposes.

Overall, this hotel is a wonderful base for shopping and has a young and trandy feel to it. Do stay here if you like to be in the centre of things with a very big and comfortable bed to come back to.

A word of caution, the hotel charged a very high fee for the use of wi-fi in the room. Most hotels at this class in Bangkok tend to provide free internet access for staying guests.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo