Miramar Hotel Bangkok
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgrand palacetuk tukwat arunenglish channelsgood sizecouple of nightswill stay there againnice bathroomstayed here for nightsclean hotellong flightpad thaimin walkchinatowntaxisproximityfi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 6, 2011

This hotel is halfway between Chinatown and the main temples / tourist attractions which is quite handy. There is also the Old Siam mall about 2 blocks away and a park for the kids nearby (turn right out of hotel and it's on the left about 100 m). I mention this because the desk staff told us there was no park nearby - their lack of English at times was a minor drawback. There is not an awful lot nearby - Sukhumvit to the east is much livlier but the traffic to get there is a nightmare. The hotel is comfortbale and good value - yes, the beds are quite hard but we don't mind that. There is a nice TV but absolutely nothing to watch on it in terms of cable. if you have kids, bring a portable DVD player. The food in the restaurant is nothing special and a bit over-priced but it is available most of the day which is good if the kids are knackered!

Room Tip: deluxe double good for 2 adults and 2 small kids
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Graeme98
Reviewed May 29, 2011

This hotel misrepresents itself. The truth is it should be classified as a two star hotel not a four star. There is no view, no wireless internet, no efficiency in the staff. The service was horrendous and the staff inconsiderate at best. Our two day stay was terrible. The noise was heard not only from the street but from the rooms adjacent. The location is not close to the market as the claim. If you want to enjoy your trip go elsewhere!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank cprailway
Reviewed April 5, 2011

This hotel was modern, the rooms were reasonably clean, and had a great continental breakfast.
Although the water was luke warm not hot, so if you like a hot shower you don't get one.
The rooms were quite noisy during the morning and day because they had buses coming and going non stop with a person trafficking them with a whistle which was very loud, so if you like a sleep in it makes it difficult.
Also the rooms are not sound proof so you hear everything that goes on outside your door.

Has wi-fi at a cost.

The staff were friendly and helpful, and there is a man downstairs waiting to help you with any activities you would like to do or to help get a taxi, but we found that you could get it half the price if you organised it yourself. the guy rips you off.

The hotel is close to mbk and siam paragon, only like a 10min taxi ride away which costs about 60baht.

ALWAYS GET A METERED TAXI. never get into a taxi that is not metered as they will rip you off!!
would stay here again for a couple of nights.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank zeebug
Reviewed December 30, 2010

Me and my partner booked this hotel online on wotif.com and it was the most discusting hotel ever. In the bathroom there was snorts on the wall and the on top of the bed wall. It make me wanting to vomit. I would never ever thought that it could be so revolting. May I suggest that you should never go to this hotel AND the smell of the room was discusting it smells like old wet wood with a hint of smoke. Stay there if you dare!!!!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank AnnieTran
Reviewed December 1, 2010

Miramar Hotel Bangkok
This hotel could be anywhere. Not only are the rooms neutral, but the streets around have no late night food vendors etc. [though the hotel does have a 24/7 restaurant.] so it is quiet & I slept well.
The porter was helpful & the bed was comfy, but the attitude of the hotel was typified by there being NO free drinking water! [it is even free in banks!] The 1 hour internet access I bought to check in my flight threw me out after just 5 minutes [but that is a problem i've met elsewhere in Thailand] & there was no printer. And when I asked them to help me fix a tour - I was fobbed off & told to ask the next morning. I rang a friend that same night, who contacted someone in UK & we did it that way. So it can be fixed in UK but not in Bangkok??? Pretty improbable & unhelpful.
However, the most important failing was that my phone failed to charge overnight [I'd plugged it in in my room], so I returned to collect my luggage after a day walking Bangkok with a flat phone. I offered to eat there if they could plug my phone into a socket. They declined. That meant I was in Bangkok without a means of calling the police, & also they missed out on the income they would have had from a meal! Pretty short -sighted really. [Qatars desk at the airport DID charge it for me though, which was also typical of their excellent service!]

Sleep here well if you don't want to feel you are in Thailand, but the low level of non-service is totally unlike my experience anywhere else in this wonderful land.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo