“Don't miss this show”

Calypso Cabaret Show Ticket
Ranked #15 of 41 Concerts & Shows in Bangkok
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I visited Calypso Bangkok on 31/12/2012 with Thai Dinner and Calypso. It's nice and big thai restaurant and the food very delicious. The show is very fantastic. Performers're professional.
I liked their costumes. I got the seat at second row that i request when i book in website.

1  Thank princessamiko
Write a ReviewReviews (1,076)
All reviews
in 8 reviews
"complex"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Its a good show, and we enjoyed the various components.
the ticket is a bit steep at 1200 Bhat, you can get a discount in case you come through a travel agent, or buy tickets before hand.
They give a complimentary drink that gets served on the table.

1  Thank sdsingh
Reviewed January 4, 2013

The calypso lady boys Cabaret at Asiatique riverfront in Bangkok maybe seen as disappointing.

If you are expecting a slick cabaret production (as dictated by the price), I would give it a miss. If you want a cheesy 1,25hrs of entertainment, then Calypso might be what you are looking for.

The good
- costumes are very good
- free drink
- lady boys are very convincing
- great purpose built venue

The bad
- Long and tedious
- terrible lip synching
- somewhat uncoordinated dancing
- terrible sound quality and clarity

Tips
- book through a tour operator online- can find it for around bt700 or less - box office is bht1200

- seats are in groups of 4 with 2 in front and 2 behind so book seats 1,2 5,6 909 etc skipping 3,4 7,8 11,12 as they are behind.

1  Thank Word_Traveller_ZA
Reviewed January 4, 2013

It was probably my own fault I did not investigate this activity further before going. Our tour guide had recommended we go to this and we went as a result. The seats we got were far back so you couldn't really see (it appears to be first come first serve when you get there). Though don't think it would have made much of a difference as the show was not interesting at all. Audio was bad and it was simply lip synching.

1  Thank travelstarling
See more reviews
Reviewed December 28, 2012

The show was really appealing to my kids. They had enjoyed it so much so that they forget to sip their complimentary drinks. To me the show was just so-so. I got a good price form the agent at my hotel. Anyway the cruise from Sathorn to Asiatique was considered nice and enjoyable. To me the show could have done better if more jokes/laugh/magics incorporated into it as to serve to more types of patrons.