- It's not near BKK's BTS (trains) at all!
- Very few cab drivers know where it is (TIP: take a picture of the street and show it to the driver so they will know where to drop you off)
- The hotel is located at a sort of "industrial" area where there's a lot of cargo and forwarding companies
- The hotel is at the end of a street with very few lighting at night
- On the street walls, there are a lot sign that warns tourists of Bag Snatchers riding their motorcycles (reason why I made sure I was inside the hotel before dusk)
- The lady who received me when I went to check in was fine. She was very courteous and knows English.
- Male staff that was assigned in the evening was very rude. I encountered him 2x in my 4 nights of stay there and on both times, he disappointed me. The first time I approached him, I asked for WIFI password and he rudely just asked for my room number and gave me a piece of paper (this was maybe because he was watching something on his iPhone when I approached him). 2nd time I encountered him, I asked if he could call a cab for me as I will be checking out early --- he just said no and said that they CAN NOT call a cab for me
- They are not very helpful. Imagine a hotel that can not call a cab for you when you check out. Again, the hotel is at the end of the street and it was early in the morning. Are they expecting me to walk the whole way, in the dark, with all my luggage?? seriously? Good thing that I was able to find a parked Cab that agreed to take me.
- Staff are not pleasant and are not approachable. When you ask them questions, they always bat an eyelash and seems like you are a pain to them for asking some questions.
- Room was basic bed, toilet, safe and hair dryer
- They make the room everyday (as should be)
- Towels provided on my 2nd-4th night was clean but a bit worn out
- Complimentary water is replaced everyday (as should be)
- It's so SLOW
- Carpet is so filthy, it needs to BE CLEANED ASAP!
- Carpet throughout the hotel is old and dirty - it could use some shampoo and proper vacuum
- All overnight stay has complimentary breakfast
- They start at 630 and ends at 10AM
- Food is quite bland with very few choices
To be honest, if only I did not pay for my room in advance, I would have checked out on my first night and looked for a better hotel. Being that I traveled alone, I did not feel safe staying at this hotel and seeing those posters about bag snatching was not of any help at all. Poor customer service of the staff is a major turn off as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- myhotel is a stylish budget hotel, located nearby hearth of Bangkok shopping center such as Pratunam cloth market, Platinum fashion mall, Pantip gadget plaza, Central World branded mall and so on. The hotel is designed on "simple is best!" principle. You will experience the quality of casual services, simple breakfast, and free shuttle tuk tuk around Pratunam area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Ctrip TA and HotelQuickly so you can book your myhotel Pratunam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Myhotel Pratunam Hotel Bangkok