“Book somewhere else” 2 of 5 stars

Pasig, Philippines
“Book somewhere else”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

LOCATION
- It's not near BKK's BTS (trains) at all!
- Very few cab drivers know where it is (TIP: take a picture of the street and show it to the driver so they will know where to drop you off)
- The hotel is located at a sort of "industrial" area where there's a lot of cargo and forwarding companies
- The hotel is at the end of a street with very few lighting at night
- On the street walls, there are a lot sign that warns tourists of Bag Snatchers riding their motorcycles (reason why I made sure I was inside the hotel before dusk)

STAFF
- The lady who received me when I went to check in was fine. She was very courteous and knows English.
- Male staff that was assigned in the evening was very rude. I encountered him 2x in my 4 nights of stay there and on both times, he disappointed me. The first time I approached him, I asked for WIFI password and he rudely just asked for my room number and gave me a piece of paper (this was maybe because he was watching something on his iPhone when I approached him). 2nd time I encountered him, I asked if he could call a cab for me as I will be checking out early --- he just said no and said that they CAN NOT call a cab for me
- They are not very helpful. Imagine a hotel that can not call a cab for you when you check out. Again, the hotel is at the end of the street and it was early in the morning. Are they expecting me to walk the whole way, in the dark, with all my luggage?? seriously? Good thing that I was able to find a parked Cab that agreed to take me.
- Staff are not pleasant and are not approachable. When you ask them questions, they always bat an eyelash and seems like you are a pain to them for asking some questions.

HOTEL FACILITIES
Room:
- Room was basic bed, toilet, safe and hair dryer
- They make the room everyday (as should be)
- Towels provided on my 2nd-4th night was clean but a bit worn out
- Complimentary water is replaced everyday (as should be)

Elevator:
- It's so SLOW
- Carpet is so filthy, it needs to BE CLEANED ASAP!
- Carpet throughout the hotel is old and dirty - it could use some shampoo and proper vacuum

Breakfast:
- All overnight stay has complimentary breakfast
- They start at 630 and ends at 10AM
- Food is quite bland with very few choices

To be honest, if only I did not pay for my room in advance, I would have checked out on my first night and looked for a better hotel. Being that I traveled alone, I did not feel safe staying at this hotel and seeing those posters about bag snatching was not of any help at all. Poor customer service of the staff is a major turn off as well.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank wanderlustph

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore River, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

I was there for 2 days ago. There are make me very happy. staff very helpful and friendly, even when i get in to the room the room are a bit smaller but very clean.
Breakfast start at 06:30 am.The test is great..!!
I love this hotel. they make me feel comfortable like my home.
"I will be back"

Room Tip: The window room are better. a bit bigger then cubit....!!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Bangkok, Thailand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Booked a double room through Agoda and arrived late at night.

Very simply:
- Bathroom is TINY (you can literally touch all four walls at the same time!)
- The breakfast was very bland (watery coffee, some fried eggs, fruits, sausages etc)
- Overall cleanliness of the hotel is poor.
- Noisy rooms

As the title states, the price is not an excuse and the old 'you get what you pay for' does not apply as you can easily get much better accommodation closer to MBK, Siam Center and the BTS for exactly the same price (refer to past reviews).

Not horrible but will be staying somewhere else next time.

Room Tip: Try to avoid staying on the 'street side' on any of the lower floors.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
myhotelbudgethotel, Manager at myhotel Pratunam, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear Mr. tsaL_oT_tsriF

On behalf of My hotel pratunam first of all thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to write your review and very
sorry to know that your overall stay was inconvenience . Your valuable comment is
that your stay was not an enjoyable one as expected from both services food quality
and the bathroom is too small. In this we have to apology I will seriously look into these areas
and fix to ensure it will not happen again to our value guest.

We hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back again to My Hotel Pratunam in the near feature.
Any information more please contact Mr. Ponlapat (Resident Manager) at ponrapat@my.co.th

With kind regards,
Ponrapat R.
Mapusa, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

We found that the staff did not understand English. The Lady Receptionist was rude and uncooperative. The wi-fi was also poor. Breakfast was announced at 8.30 but began earlier. Those going late would not get a choice as most items would be exhausted.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sir / Madam Tino613

First of all,on behalf of the Management and Staff of Myhotel Pratunam, Bangkok would like to thank you for staying with us.and for spending of your time to write your feedback following your recent stay with us. Your valuable comment is certainly helping us to improve and achieve in high level of services. We regret to learn that your stay was not an enjoyable one as expected from services quality. and I will be make an improvement for our staff to a high level quality of service to guest in the future. In this case we have to apology and ensure it will not happen again to our value guest

We hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back again to
Myhotel Pratunam in the near feature.
Any information more please contract Mr. Ponrapat (Resident Manager)
at ponrapat@my.co.th

Yours sincerely,
Ponrapat ( Resident Manager )
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

I stayed at Myhotel Pratunam on my last day in Bangkok. The hotel is located at Pratunam area, about 10 minutes walk to Platinum Fashionmall. It is a the end of Soi Petchburi 15 and surrounded by some freight forwarding company. Be careful when you walk back to the hotel at night as the surrounding is a bit quiet.

The hotel itself is basic but like most of 'design budget' hotel in Bangkok, it needs a bit more of maintenance. The room is big but a some part of it were dusty and some part of the wall need re-painting. If you are going to Bangkok for a shopping trip, I guess the hotel will do as you will be outside most of the time.

Breakfast is included and there is free wifi if you book from the hotel website. For the price and location, can't really complain.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank sandarwis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

Just a few steps to the Pratunam market and some foot massage places. The staff was very nice to me so this is the second time I came to this hotel. The problem always comes from the wifi connection, the hotel changes password for wifi everyday and we had to ask everyday for the update. I will recommend this hotel for my friends who love shopping but not the one do need a convenience in using internet.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank MelMelTran
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

We booked a double deluxe online (hotels.com). When we arrived, we double checked, "deluxe room right?" They had initially put us in a standard room. Then they said, "oh we only have two single beds in deluxe." Even though we booked a double bed. They said "we will give you two singles and then tomorrow we will change you to a double". But we were only staying one night. Then we arrived at our room and it didn't even have towels. Breakfast is buffet but isn't very nice - mainly thai food. Our shower flooded, I think the drain is blocked. Other than that, good tv with English channels. Hotel room was clean enough and modern. Location is good, 2 min walk from Pratunam markets.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple