“Good location and clean room.”
Review of myhotel Pratunam

myhotel Pratunam
Ranked #486 of 863 Hotels in Bangkok
Malaysia
“Good location and clean room.”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

No doubt this hotel is a bit more expensive than other backpackers’ hotel.
However, it is located at the Bangkok city center and one can walk from the hotel to the nearest shopping mall (Platinum Fashion Mall) in less than 15 minutes.
One can access other shopping complexes such as Siam Paragon within a short time.
The receptionists at this hotel were all exceptionally friendly and helpful.
Although the twin sharing room was small, it was clean and tidy.
There is a night market on everyday night and the papaya with salted egg salad inside one small street was my favourite food in Bangkok.
There were also plenty of stores selling variety of items and food in the morning and night.
Some drawbacks are the breakfast are almost the same everyday and the massage store beside the reception wasn't that good.
Lastly, this place is really a hot spot for someone who wish to stay in city center but want to stay away from luxurious hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank You H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I've stayed in this hotel on 5 occasions and have truly enjoyed my stay there. The staff are friendly and are always there to help when needed. Room is cleaned daily and sheets are changed. Situated about 5 minutes walk away from the BTS station and the airport railway station, this hotel is truly convenient. It takes about 5 minutes to walk to the heart of Pratunam where wholesale shopping and an array of street food is available.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Genafaith
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

Would've been okay if not for the terrible bathroom that doesn't separate the toilet and bath. Major pet peeve! And to think I booked for the deluxe so I expected at least something decent. Unfortunately our friend deluxe had a shower curtain to separate the t/b but how unlucky for me! Location is okay though. Would like to stay closer to sukhumvit next time for a better location!

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank princesscdj
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I stayed at my hotel for 4d3n with my family (6pax)and our first time in bkk.
First day arrival 12pm
First impression was average the manager was friendly and accomodating.Even if we waited for a room it's ok coz we took our lunch at the dining area. Small room but cozy.
Second day
We went to town for a tour and shop after.Housekeeping cleaned our room. Happy!;)
Third day
As We plan to went out for shopping at pratunam market. I took my black dress and fit it ,it was new black dress since our plan was to go out to shop i changed my mind and got out with a new shirt. I put the black dress on top of the bed coz we'll be back later to fix my things. Apparently when we got back to the hotel (3pm)again the room was cleaned new comforter and towel;) BUT ..when we're about to go out (6pm) i decided to use and fit the black dress again BUT GONE!!I search for it for an hour hoping that i will see it but it was gone.!!!! Before i called the operator to ask for anything i make sure to triple check everything on my luggage but it was GONE!! I called the operator to tell them what happened but (the lady with a big mole on her eyebrows) said they asked the housekeepers and said "they doesn't know anything?? My gosh !!obviously it was stolen.. Told the lady im 101% sure that the dress was on top of the bed! Told me that the two girls who cleaned our room was gone home. So hoping maybe tom they can have a report.
Third day..
Morning before going out i waited for the girls to ask. Luckily the i saw the lady and asked if they saw a black dress but then they can't understand..( making drama!)
I made a follow up at the lobby to ask if they have a news or did they ask the two lady who cleaned our room about what happen.
Crazily the lady said "they don't know anything"!!! Duh! Seems like they know what's happening but they don't bother! They didn't even want to talk to me at after saying that. Tsk tsk ! Worst lady so lucky your in your country;)..And So lucky that it's just a dress but what if something important things took from me?? What will you do! Just smile?!! Hopefully this wont happen to you;);) They don't even care about thier customer so unfriendly staff arrogant! Worst hotel!! It's a nightmare!! Unworthy of trust!!
Forth day
Asked for the manager but worst no one is around. Just thinking what this people would do to foreigners like us. We are paying for the service of your hotel guys just to have a good accomodation so don't be cruel! WORST SERVICE!!
WORST STAFF !!( except for the indian guy)
" keep your valuables to safe places as possible if u can keep it in your bag much better thou";);) it's not safe to have those belongings to your room! Beware of the housekeepers they will keep your belongings!!

- it's not the value of the dress but it's the trauma. It might happen to you guys so BEWARE!!!

• Stayed December 2012
5 Thank Kimmydora03
myhotelbudgethotel, Manager at myhotel Pratunam, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear Kimmydora 03
First of all, thank you for staying with us at Myhotel Pratunam and for spending of your time to write your feedback following your recent stay with us. Your valuable comment is certainly helping us to improve and achieve in high level of services. We regret to learn that your stay was not an enjoyable one as expected from our services. In this we have to apology I will seriously look into these areas and fix to ensure it will not happen again to our value guest.

Once again, please accept my sincere apology for all inconvenience caused during staying with us. As a gesture of apology we are pleased to offer you a very special discount to you and colleague for your next visit. Please direct contact to me and I will make a special arrangement. We hope to have chance to welcome you back again and that I will have an opportunity to meet and greet you and colleague in person with warm and Thai hospitality

We hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back again to Myhotel Pratunam in the near feature.
Any information more please contract Mr. Ponrapat (Resident Manager) at ponrapat@my.co.th

,Yours sincerely,

Travelers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Reviewed December 5, 2012

small tho very comfaterbal rooms with dillishas foods.very friendly crew,they tret just like their own family.because they treet us well we dont even want to go home soon.therefor we extend more five days without going.low price that can bear up for eny one and good colity service.THE BEST CREW IS HERE .THONG,NUUN,ROSSY,OTT,MANAEGER..............AND OTHERS .WE WOULD RECOMMEND EVERY ONE MY HOTEL THANKU GUYS FOR GIVING US A SUCH A MEMORABALE NICE TIME.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank dinushini
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 4, 2012

While I am not one to complain much, MY Hotel is seriously the most superbly disappointing stay I've ever had. We stayed there for 4D3N and the staff there were just infinitely unhelpful.

Whatever questions we asked, even simple ones like, "How much is the taxi to Pratunam night market?" We were answered with a "Don't know". Even though its a budget hotel, I would expect a teeny bit of customer service present but nope, no one was keen on helping at all.

As it was a budget hotel, we couldn't complain much about cleanliness, but the room had dirty cups left behind when we just checked in.

The breakfast was generally okay, but as usual, the waitresses and waiters were just rude beyond words. One waiter, who had a ponytail and was very big sized, banged onto me while I was taking my food and he stared at me angrily. wow really??

Furthermore, we asked the counter when was the tuktuk arriving to fetch us to the main road, they said "1/2 hour more", just few seconds later, a Caucasian man requested for the tuktuk and it was available IMMEDIATELY. WOW thanks really.

Anyway, it was a disappointing stay and very inconvenient. I do not recommend this place at all.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank joeisofat
myhotelbudgethotel, Manager at myhotel Pratunam, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear joeisofat

Thank you very much for the feedback regarding your recent stay with us at My hotel Pratunam. We regret to hear that your stay was not an enjoyable one from both the staff and services. pls accept our apology again. We will seriously look into this and improve so that it will not happen again to our value customers.

Thanks again, for staying with us and for sharing of your experience with us. Your comments will certainly help us to improve and achieve our goal. We hope to have a chance to welcome you again and ensure to you that you will receive better experience from us.

Once again , We hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back again to Myhotel Pratunam in the near future.

,Yours sincerely
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I and my family will definitely come back again for our next trip. The service was excellent especially a Manager, on the day when we tried to look for a way to the BTS train station, the Manager was not only help us how to reach there, but he also spent his time to guide us to the road by walking. We were really appreciated it. Good location, free tuk tuk service, cleanliness, good value of money. However. breakfast was not so good as everyday was almost the same. Myself would definitely recommend for friends and family.

• Stayed November 2012