Tripadvisor
Bangkok
Post
Inbox
Search

“Legendary Cocktails and Service Par Excellence”
Review of Taan

Taan
Reserve a Table
Sat, 2/22
8:00 PM
Ranked #792 of 14,274 Restaurants in Bangkok
Neighborhood: Pathum Wan
Description: TAAN prides itself on working closely with independent local farmers, whose high-quality, seasonal ingredients provide the inspiration for our ever-changing menu. Believing that behind every ingredient there is an important story to be told, it is our goal to connect Thailand’s tireless food artisans with an adventurous new generation of diners. TAAN’s ingredient-driven menu highlights familiar Thai flavours, inspired by hyper-local ingredients and prepared using timeless cooking techniques, but brought into the present day through unexpected combinations and creative presentation.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Cocktails of Taan speaks for themselves. The cocktail names matches the character. I suggest to take your dose of cocktails depending on how light or strong the flavor is. As for me, I started with Saam Pran with sweetness from Bael Syrup mixed with Phraya Rum of Nakhon Pathom. I followed it with Kusuma, with a frothy appearance but deadly in taste due to dried Thai chili. Then, you can wash it with a fruity mocktail called Umdaeng.

As for the service, I'd say that it is world class. The fact that they keep on developing new and exciting cocktails make you say that they are dedicated and passionate about their work. Special mention goes to their mixologist/bartender Teerawee Piyajiaranai for his enthusiasm in mixing the drinks while explaining them upfront. He is to-die-for when it comes to his expertise in mixing drinks. Kudos to him and the whole Taan Team.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (48)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Got an invitation from Mercedes-Benz Club Thailand to try a 9-course tasting menu at Taan Restaurant. The food was great, esp. crispy pork and crab! The restaurant atmosphere was so vibrant! Last but not least, we have had a well treated by Khun Fern, who always be at our side to assist us. Worth a repeat

Reviewed January 16, 2020 via mobile

We came to Taan while visiting Bangkok for my partner’s birthday and had a great time.

The location is <5min from the BTS station and the view is excellent. The restaurant is a lot smaller than it looks in some photos, but I thinks this adds to an intimate feeling. The only thing is that it was quite quiet when we visited (Thursday night) so didn’t have much atmosphere.

We had the 9 course menu which was great - some dishes a little too spicy for us but all interesting and beautifully presented (mushroom ice cream with curry powder!). All dishes were very good but only a couple blew me away which is why I gave 4 stars rather than 5 (the crab dish, fermented sausage and the duck in the main course were my favourites). The wine I had (Verdejo) was excellent and my partner enjoyed his cocktails.

Service was excellent - each dish was explained well and they were always watching for when you needed a refill. I’d requested a birthday cake in advance for my partner and they emailed back saying no problem - then all the staff came out to sing happy birthday and gave us a small cake!

The tasting menu was good value for money vs other restaurants I’d looked at - though the still water was a little pricey (around £5 per bottle) but I guess that is standard at these sorts of places!

Overall I would happily recommend Taan for a special dinner!

Reviewed January 13, 2020 via mobile

Chef Tep is a talented chef and I wonder why this restaurant don’t have a michelin star as it is better than some star rated in Bangkok but better not speaking about Thailand michelin rating as it cannot be trusted
The meal was very creative, the Thai consommé was one of the best dish I even got. Products carefully selected from all around Thailand to bring the greatest one.
It is a place where I will definitely return as I enjoy the service, cuisine and view.

Reviewed December 24, 2019

Taan's Chef Tef has put together an incredible set of multicourse tasting menus for a variety of Thai food. The food presentation is exceptional. Staff at Taan, especially Petch and Thip carefully explain every course. Choose one of the 9 course options, sit back with a bottle of wine and have the best dinner of your life.

Date of visit: December 2019