“Substantial tasty meals, pleasant ambiance”
Review of Bully's Pub

Bully's Pub
Ranked #596 of 11,463 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: American, Thai
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Neighborhood: Sukhumvit
Description: We are an American based pub situated walking distance to Nana. We are next door to the JW Marriott Hotel on Main Sukhumvit Road. We serve breakfast, appetizers, burgers, ribs, sandwiches, Tex Mex, Comfort foods, pizza,imported steaks, desserts as well as a Thai menu. All sports are shown on 6 big screens and 2 projectors. There are 4 pool tables and a dart board for your enjoyment and we have the coldest beer on tap including imports like Guinness, Kilkenny, Hoegaarden, and Magners Cider. Full bar with great cocktails, wines as well as Patron Gold for the Tequila lovers. Open 11am - 1am food service till midnight. 120 seats including large group booth seating for your comfort.
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The menu is enormous and it covers a wide range of world cuisines. The Mexican far is surprising good, if a little expensive.

Surprisingly quiet on weeknights nowadays.

1  Thank brisbanepete001

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I have been to Bully's many times, mainly because this was one of the few places where you could get draft cider from the UK, a remarkably refreshing drink in this heat.
Good food and service, with sensible prices and plenty of room, it is in a category of its own, but you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Went to Bully's Pub for a beer and some food. Found the service and the manager (Tony) very professional and friendly. The beer was cold and the food great. I highly recommend the place.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I don't think I've written a review of Bully's even though I've been coming here, on and off, since 2008. Hm ..strange ..

The competition in this area of Bangkok is noticeably quite stiff, with a lot of eating/drinking establishments catering for the huge influx of Western farang tourists with thirsty gullets and growling stomachs. Bully's nonetheless enjoys its fair share of the action in that sense.

As other reviewers have already commented on and which I will not labour, Bully's offers a fair range of entertainments to distract the visitors, alongside a most comprehensive range of soft and alcoholic beverages to whet yer whistle. Also, as (again) others have observed, the food, mostly Western-oriented but with some good Thai dishes too, is of a uniformly good standard and served with that famous and well-deserved Thai smile by Bully's friendly staff. Good ambience, too, as this pub is usually quite well patronised, especially of an evening. I have no hesitation in recommending it to others. I would not however recommend the rather limited outdoor seating, as smokers use it and it is literally on the apron of Sukhumvit Road, with all that implies. But, in mitigation, it is stil a truly good place to visit. Check out (not that one could miss it!!) the rather large metal bull outside with its somewhat prominent 'appendage', too ... :-)

2  Thank DoctorDarkeDerby
John K, Owner at Bully's Pub, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

WOW 57 reviews, you are worth listening to and thanks for reviewing Bully's. A little calm in the hustle bustle section of Sukumvit is a good thing at times. I am glad we measured up to your expectations. The tables outside are for the convenience of our customers whom smoke. As you know we do not allow any smoking in Bully's. We also cater to a large group of couples and families every day.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Every visit to Bangkok finds me at Bully's for multiple evenings of fun and schenanegans. The food has always been excellent with a large western menu (Australian) if you need to settle your stomach from the spicy Thai food. Three full size pool tables and a nice dart board for a little competition or relaxation. Even though the traffic and action on Sukhimvit Road is frantic, sitting in their sidewalk seating is very relaxing watching the world go by. More intense night life is right around the corner for those who partake. After you get sufficiently wound up, don't be afraid to hop on the large metal bull for a quick picture; and don't tell them I said you could or should. Enjoy.

John K, Owner at Bully's Pub, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

I am so glad that you are part of our family at Bully's. We try everyday to provide a great experience for all of our guests. It is guests like you that make all of the effort worthwhile.
I noticed that you mentioned us on your JW Marriott review also, wow 2 mentions are extra special. JW MARRIOTT is the best in our book, personally I have stayed months at a time and the staff are always on top of the game, especially the executive lounge staff where they are always ready to provide that extra care that makes the stay the best in Bangkok. Being next door to Bully's does not hurt. You will often see staff from the JW enjoying a relaxing time at Bully's after work. We are truly family and we welcome you as part of the family. Next time tell Tony Big John said to buy you a drink. Thanks again and see you soon. John