“Beware the service tip added automatically to your tab.”
Review of Bully's Pub

Bully's Pub
Ranked #483 of 10,823 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: American, Thai
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Sukhumvit
Description: We are an American based pub situated walking distance to Nana. We are next door to the JW Marriott Hotel on Main Sukhumvit Road. We serve breakfast, appetizers, burgers, ribs, sandwiches, Tex Mex, Comfort foods, pizza,imported steaks, desserts as well as a Thai menu. All sports are shown on 6 big screens and 2 projectors. There are 4 pool tables and a dart board for your enjoyment and we have the coldest beer on tap including imports like Guinness, Kilkenny, Hoegaarden, and Magners Cider. Full bar with great cocktails, wines as well as Patron Gold for the Tequila lovers. Open 11am - 1am food service till midnight. 120 seats including large group booth seating for your comfort.
Roi Et
“Beware the service tip added automatically to your tab.”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Nice place, the food and drink were ok, but why I wont return is what I regard as an unsavoury practice of adding a "SC" of 10% to your tab. I did not see any notice in the establishment advising of this, and I apologise if there is indeed one in plain view, but when I questioned the lady over the charge when it was time to pay, she just laughed and said it was tip. I prefer to decide how much to tip, and in some cases tip the person directly if the service has been excellent, as opposed to it going into the general tip jar.
The cider tasted good, the "SC" left a bad taste in my mouth,

John K, Owner at Bully's Pub, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Thank you for visiting Bully's Pub and your review mentioning that you enjoyed Bully's Pub. We are a mainstream Restaurant and Bar. We do add aservice charge to all items. We clearly state this on every page of our food and drink menu. As well we have it on our outside lighted menu board. As I have responded before we had no choice but to add a service charge policy to compete with other hotels and restaurants in recruiting english speaking staff. The good news is we strive to maintain our pricing below those of the hotels and like quality restaurants. Dont let that 10% keep you from enjoying Bully's and see you soon.

• Polish first
  • Thai first
Banbury, United Kingdom
“An oasis in the madness of Bangkok”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have been using Bully's pub for many years and I went again in February 2013 this time with my wife.

Set just round the corner from the madness that is NANA Plaza it offers a tranquil Pub environment. Serving a wide rang of both Western and Thai food.

I particularly recommend their ribs and steaks which are excellent and the Thai green curry is sublime. On a Sunday you can get a roast beef dinner which is the equal of many of the best I have had in the UK.

There were changes since my last visit with a new Chef Jonny and a restaurant Manager Tony.

Both were very welcoming and did everything they could to make our visits a pleasure.

My wife, who is Celiac (Gluten intolerance), normally struggles to find food she can eat but no problem. Jonny took her through the Menu and even went the extra mile of preparing some of the dishes without their Gluten content. Now that’s what I call customer service.

Thanks to all at Bully’s for making our time in Bangkok so pleasurable.

John K, Owner at Bully's Pub, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to review Bully's. I am happy to here that our manager Tony and Chef Jonny were there to greet you and make your experience great. We always try to tweek to the menu to fit upon request. Bully's success for the past 10 years is due to family and friends like you that make us try to do even a better job each day. I have passed on your kind comments to all members of the staff at Bully's. We hope to see you real soon.
Pensacola, Florida
“Nice atmosphere, somewhat pricy drinks”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

When we land in Bangkok from the US, we usually arrive late in the evening. We stay at a condo on Sukhumvit Soi 1 which makes Bully's a nice place within walking distance to grab a few beers and some grub. The atmosphere is nice, not much different than a bar you'd find in the states. There are pool tables, and darts and the staff have always been nice to us. The prices are a little high compared to other places in the area, and closer to US prices but you get clean food, cold beers and a nice place to hang out and recover from the long airplane ride.

• Visited March 2012
John K, Owner at Bully's Pub, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Thanks for coming to Bully's Pub upon your arrival to Bangkok. We try to make every guest have a great experience. Our drink prices are 1/2 of our neighbor the JW Marriott. Pricing is complicated but always based on location, staff and product costs. We serve a full 1.5 oz or over 50 ml in every drink, other bars serve 1 oz , we pour a premium well such as Stolichnaya Vodka, Gordons Gin and Jonny Walker. No cut rate brands served at Bullys. We use many imported food items and condiments in our food preparation. All of our staff work 8 hour days and receive social benefits with paid vacation. We are proud to say we have staff that have been with us over 7 years. Our location is one of the most expensive in Bangkok seating over 150 guests at a time. Guests always come in out of the heat and relax at Bully's. We maintain a cool environment at a cost of over 200.00 USD per day...All in all we deliver a great value compared to the hotels in Bangkok and will strive to keep it that way. We appreciate all of our regular guests and so happy that you are now part of the the friends and family at Bullys. Come back soon.
“A good place to relax”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I just returned from a visit to Bully's and decided to write a review.
The place is large with a nice atmosphere and many areas to sit, especially the large booths around the perimeter of the pub. I ordered a burger and a caesar salad. The server, Air, was pleasant and sweet. The food was tasty with good portions. My only complaint was that there was no happy hour for drinks. Along Sukhumvit many of the pubs & restaurants offer a pint of Heineken for 100 Bt at happy hour, but at Bully's I paid 175Bt. For the two pints that I had it came to an extra 150Bt ($5 US). Maybe this policy is to keep away the riffraff from Soi 4.
Overall, the ambiance is nice, the food delicious and the service excellent! I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 because of the lack of a happy hour.

John K, Owner at Bully's Pub, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Thanks for the great review. Your server AIR has been with us for over 7 years. She is one of our best and we will let her know that you mentioned her great service. We try to deliver great service to every guest that comes to Bully's. I love Happy Hours too! But truth be told I never sacrifice comfort and a great drink for savings. Our overheads are higher then a open air bar beer or many smaller venues. I noticed that after 9pm many of those so called happy hour bars charge more then we do. I always get upset when i get charged more sitting in the same chair ordering the same drink when Happy Hour ends. We have decided to maintain a constant price all day and night and not overcharge at other hours to make up for the happy hours. We want to deliver the same great service and environment every hour we are open and not cut corners when it comes to delivering a great experience at Bully's. Our every hour prices are almost 1/2 of our neighbor hotels. Thanks for being part of Bully's family and please come backsoon. Next time your in please tell tony the manager that you praised Air for service on Trip Advisor.
Bangkok
“Standard American Pub”
Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

In the category of "American Bar" in Bangkok there is Bully's Pub on Sukhumvit. Good place to hang out, especially for the tourist who is totally home sick and wants to completely forget they are in Thailand. One walk through the doors transports you back to the US. Ok, they have a Thai staff, but the food and drinks are USA all the way. Really good extensive beer and liquor selection, and your basic bar food menu are the scene. That been said, they do it right! The food is good, the atmosphere is festive, the staff is friendly, and sports on every TV all day every day. Been there 100 times and will certainly go another 100 times since escaping the rat race of Bangkok is a MUST some days. Being in a tourist area, you can expect tourist prices. You want to be in the US, expect the prices to to match. Good bar.

John K, Owner at Bully's Pub, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Thank you for the great review. Having come to Bullys a hundred times means your not a friend but you are family. it is regular guests like you that makes Bully's what it is and we appreciate everyone of our regulars. The next time you drop in, flag down Tony the manager and tell him I said you are now part of the family. See you soon, John