“Good location in kao san road district”

New Siam Guest House III (Super)
Ranked #399 of 889 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

The location is great. Close to the boat taxi and in the middle of the kao san road district. Great place to go out at night, not too far away from the major touristic attractions. The rooms are good, but not great. AC didn't work very well. On the ground flour I couldn't get any internet from my mobile, but when I stayed in my room on the fifth, it was ok. No elevator, only for the luggage.

• Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank Ellen C

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Clean and in a very good position, in the very heart of Khao San Road. You can reach the river boat stop in a minute or have a nice walk around.
May a little too expansive, but in the end good enough.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Cute little hotel- Similar to a travel lodge
Comfy bed
Quite noisy due to location- But we knew that when we booked! It was a busy period so we booked online.
Shower room was flooded when we arrived but nothing that could not be sorted.
We would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 24, 2013

It's not a bad place, but it's just not good for me anymore...
Unfortunately, 3 years passing (since my last stay here) made a big difference in this place: the highest floor quiet room still came with water, mini fridge, tv, AC, towels and seemed alright at first glance from the door ...
BUT the toilet seat was stained yellow from the passing of time (they really should change these more often!!); the sheets were almost clean (i don;t know how to put it in other way: no detergent/soap smell but a grandma reused sheets smell or maybe they washed it in a 5 min cycle...i don;t know but i covered my pillow with a sarong); the sink was not well cleaned ( i had some desinfectant and the stains went away. so it can be done better!). the rest seemed in place :)

I returned afterwards to Bangkok on 2 different occasions and I did change hotels!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank irix4
Reviewed December 19, 2012

We stayed 3 nights, still great as last year, but this time we could not room with balcony (favorite choice for any guest) as last year, for 1st night we sleep with Air con problem, it could not run normally, so the second day we say to the reception about the air con problem , in the afternoon hotel technical officer come to our room to fix it up . What’s a coincidence! We visit BKK on 5 Dec King’s Birthday , New Siam III has very strategic location, near Grand Palace and Sanam Luang there is a lot cultural show and activities there . We enjoy our stay , the room is clean and bright The Minus: there is not lift for person, just lift for luggage, so you do a little sports like us to stay in 5th floor , there is no breakfast service , no swimming pool. The Plus: The room is clean and bright, the location is no.1, location in soi Rambuttri offered various kind of food on street vendors all days long, Khao San Rd is a stone’s throw but still be calm and relax, Phra Athit pier (N13) is a walking distance for river ferry. Still my no.1 choice in Soi Rambuttri 

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Harry H
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Recommended by a friend I tried the new Siam at each of my stays in Bangkok. It's cheap and clean and the service is good too. It's a five minute walk to the Kaosan district wherenightlife and side of the road food is great.
I had to stay 10 days before moving to another hotelnearer to the hospital where my friend was and I sadly missed it and the people.

The water ferry is close..don't take the tourist one...wait and buy your ticket on board.

There is a noodle restaurant on the hotel street with a thai complicated name where we found one of the best soups in Thailland. No decoration, but filled with people ans sooo good!

Room Tip: It costs a little bit more for a room in the new section but it's bigger, got a fridge and is qu...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Shou1
Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here with 3 friends in two rooms for 3 nights. The room was very clean has a/c, T.V., fridge&hot shower for 790 THB. The guest house is located at Soi Rambuttri just a few minutes walk from the khaosan road without all the noise. The stuff were very welcoming and helpful, don't go to the travel agent at the recaption he is expencive. I realy recommend this guest house for enjoying Bangkok!

• Stayed: September 2012