“Excellent dinner”

Ranked #459 of 11,633 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Thong Lor & Ekamai
Description: Located in the Heart of Bangkok's Thonglor - the chick street , is this contemporary and stylish Indian Restaurant called " Masala Art " .The restaurant seats 75 comfortably , has a smart stocked bar and an outside dining terrace overlooking the great views of Sukhumvit Soi 55 .A refreshing concept - one that breaks away from the Moghul mould - is what you can expect from Masala Art the finest indian food in bangkok .The Best Indian restaurant in bangkok , boasts a refreshing splash of colours - burnt orange upholstered sofa combined with green and beige seats , alongside elegant tabletops .A gleaming line of oak colour walls blended with gold mirror back grounding modern artifacts giving you a cozy and warmth .With wafts of delicious aromas , grace two sides of the restaurant while the open concept kitchen acts as a window ,if patrons care to take a glance at how their food is prepared .
Reviewed October 9, 2013

The food there was excellent along with all the complimentaries and services we received. The waitress saw that one of my friend didnt quite like one of the drink so they even don't let him pay for the drink although he's happy to pay. By the way services was totally excellent!! Great meal :)

2  Thank Napol B

Reviewed October 5, 2013

I have been visiting masala Art together with my girlfriend, as we both are big fans of Indian cuisine. We got this restaurant recommended by some friends and must say that we did not get disappointed. From the initial walk-in where you get hit by the unique interior and the welcoming staff, to the very tasty food , mixed with a great ambiance, we have truly enjoyed our stay at masala Art. In fact, we believe that it is the best Indian food we had so far, and we have traveled quite a bit.

Be sure to try their signature dishes. I had the chicken Tikka and Butter Chicken and the server recommended me to try a Lassi, which truly is complimenting the food.

My girlfriend and me went there during lunch time, so we did not have any problems with any noise or a too full restaurant. We felt that the server took good care of us and therefore this venue deserves its 5 stars.

We will sure be coming back soon and also be bringing guests when they will come to visit us in Bangkok.

IN SIMPLY WE CAN SAY for Indian cuisine MASALA Art IS THE BEST RESTAURANT IN BANGKOK

2  Thank sam T
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Living in Bangkok this is just one of many Indian restaurants we have tried, and by far the best. The service, the attentive staff, and excellent food make the experience value for money and our repeat custom.

Would highly recommend, the taste is authentic, whether you like hot or mild, they deliver the taste for you to enjoy.

8  Thank Diane W
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We are working/ living in Thonglor and decided against our better judgement to try this place.

Big mistake.

Terrible.

If you like to overpay for poor interpretations of Indian food with a place of generic ambience, this is your place.

Unfortunately for me I prefer good quality food over ambiance because in the end, you don't eat the tables and chairs.

We ordered two dishes that are standard Indian fare. Chicken tikka masala and malai kofta. Both were basically just bowls of sauce with minuscule portions slopped in to appear like the dishes had more substance. Because of course, we'll never notice.

Both were pathetic.

The tiny, I mean tiny - kofta resembled 6 rabbit droppings slopped into sauce.

I may have spotted some chicken upon wading through the sauce in the other dish.

As others have mentioned, there is nothing special about the rice despite its exorbitant price that exceeded $6usd.

As my wife (who is of Indian origin) said over dinner "Indian food is meant to be shared" - these two dishes won't even feed us.

So yeah, we spent $40+ usd for bad Indian food, and minuscule portions masked in a bowl of sauce and walked out hungry.

We would never return.

4  Thank Kalimandir
Reviewed September 7, 2013

During my recent Bangkok trip from 4th Sep-13 until 7th Sep-13 I had chance to enjoy Indian food at this restaurant, me and my colleagues who stay in Bangkok were very pleased to enjoy meals and decided to visit them whenever in Bangkok or at the earliest opportunity. My German colleague decided to bring his family and guest. The Menu has Vegetarian (Jain too) and Non-Vegetarian both options for North Indian style of cuisine with sufficient choices under both the categories. Food taste very fresh and very tasty. The Bar offers good choices of drinks. Service is impeccable with repeated questions to you about dining experience. They also have a balcony for a round of smoke or enjoying fresh air. We also ate at another Indian restaurant but it was no match for this Masala Art. Overall the best dining experience for the North Indian cuisine.

1  Thank JayeshPandya