“Noisy from nearby club / bar - no sleep prior to long haul flight” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of BS Residence Suvarnabhumi

BS Residence Suvarnabhumi
Ranked #659 of 1,131 Specialty Lodging in Bangkok
London, United Kingdom
“Noisy from nearby club / bar - no sleep prior to long haul flight”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

We booked this hotel due to proximity to airport as international flight the following day. The room was good, mini bar good value for money. The prob was there is a nearby club / bar playing really loud music all night till about 5am so very little sleep - not what you need prior to a long haul flight. The breakfast was poor - cold everything. The swimming pool is amazing. Lift is unreliable and got stuck on 1st floor temporarily on departure. On plus side they are prompt with checking you in and air port transfer.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Gosport, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

Stayed 1 night, 27 March 2013.
Arrived by taxi.
Check-in was quick.
No lift. Room was on 3rd floor. Luggage carried up for us.
Room was a bit MFI, but big enough, well equipped, small balcony which looked across to incoming flights. Good bathroom.
Swimming Pool was excellent, 20 yards long, clean water, good quality sunbeds/towels, and the pool area was in a big quadrangle surrounded by lots of trees and greenery with accommodation blocks/restaurant set a bit further back.
We had the pool to ourselves for almost 2 hours.
Never used the restaurant.
Within walking distance there are markets with food stalls/seating, Tesco Lotus, and a 7-Eleven. There are also a few Beer Gardens!
Went to bed early as our transport was at 0600. Comfy bed.
It all went wrong at about 2200. All of a sudden the music from the nearby Beer Gardens flashed up. It was head-banging super-loud bass techno stuff. Absolutely dreadful, and even ear plugs didn't have much effect. We ended up putting the telly on to help drown out the noise.
The music went on unabated until 0230.
We vacated the room at 0545.
Our transport left for the short drive to the airport.
We were very impressed with the hotel and the transfer.
But the noise between 2200-0230 completely spoiled the experience.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

The location is great near to the airport. Good for one night layover. The rooms are ok. Simple. No safe. The service was terrible and with attitudes. No Internet signal in our room so we need to go outside. We had morning woke up call at 6am but we never ordered. The rude lady from the afternoon shift ordered for us.

• Stayed March 2013
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

We arrived at the airport at around 1.30 am and after clearing customs and immigration went to the meeting point for transport to the hotel provided in the room rate. We found a smiling young lady representing the hotel who advised us the lift would arrive in a few minutes. It did. The trip from the airport to the hotel took only a few minutes and it would have been faster if the van was capable of greater speeds.
Even with a large number of people at the check in desk at the hotel we were processed exceptionally quickly and escorted to our room.
The room was clean, spacious and adequately provisioned although there was no soap at the hand basin just a liquid soap dispenser at the shower. There was no bath tub. As there was a step down into the shower it meant that there was no water over the remainder of the bathroom floor.
2 free bottles of water were provided and 330 ml cans of beer were in the mini fridge retailing at a price of 60 Baht per can. Quite reasonable.
Our room had 2 bathrobes as well as adequate provisions in the bathroom. However there was no chair for the desk.
The breakfast included in the rate was reasonable with a limited choice of items but no one should go hungry.
Our room overlooked the swimming pool and was quiet given its nearness to the airport. The hotel is close to a shopping centre, some bars and a newly constructed large market.
Given the rate charged, the efficient free transfer to and from the airport and its short distance from the airport the hotel represents excellent value for a short stop over.

Room Tip: Book in advance with hotel.
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

Sticking to the basics: this is a good hotel for a stopover in Bangkok. It ticks all the boxes for this type of hotel:
1. Close enough to the airport? Yes, less than 10 minutes in a van, which waits for you on Door 4 at BKK. If you book early enough, they will even have your name on a board there.
2. Efficient check-in? Yes. Although I normally don't judge a hotel based on how quick the check-in is, if you are in for a quick overnight stay, the less time checking in and the more time sleeping, the better. It does not take more than 2 minutes to sign your name and get the key.
3. Well located? Well, it is near the airport, so the answer is basically “no”. However, this one is just down the road from a Tesco-Lotus, 2 ATMs, a few local restaurants, and even a local market. So, as location goes, for an airport hotel it could be much worse.
4. Rooms: Clean, basic and comfortable, overlooking a friendly pool, with all the amenities, EXCEPT, free wi-fi. This annoys me, but let's face it, for less than 35 GBP a night, I am willing to overlook that. The bathroom is also very clean, large enough, and with a good, powerful shower. In other words, the pictures of the hotel are right. No magic, no photoshop there.
5. Breakfast: Same as the rest of the hotel: simple and efficient. Plenty of hot options, from eggs to fried-rice, plenty of noisy tourists speaking way too loudly for this time in the morning.

Overall, my expectations were definitely met by the hotel. For what I paid, considering the weakness of the pound at the moment, it was a good deal. It gave me a good night of sleep, a good shower and breakfast the next day to continue my journey. If I had an extra hour to kill, I could even have a go at the pool, which is inviting. Will definitely consider BS Residence for my next stopover in Bangkok.

Room Tip: I think all rooms face the pool, and are essentially the same.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

We booked the hotel as it was close to the airport and had an early morning flight which meant using the shuttle bus at 530 am, received a phone call about 520 am to let us know the bus was there which was a nice touch.
All the staff we encountered were polite and helpful.
Hotel was suitable for our last evening in Thailand, room was spacious and clean, bed very comfortable. The only downside to the room was that there were no tea making facilities and having no knowledge of the local area it would have been nice to have been able to make ourselves a drink, however there were two complimentary bottles of water in the room. The pool area was great to lounge around for our the afternoon, it was quiet and clean.
The only drawback to the hotel was that we had to pay for wifi and the room would have benefited from a map of the local area as we had trouble finding somewhere to eat on the evening.
All in all we would use this hotel again for exactly the same reason as we used it this time, an excellent one night stop over.

Vancouver Island, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

Check in was fine, and the girl behind the front desk was very polite and she said she gave me an update room.
The room was fairly warm, but it had AC...so I was not concerned.
I went for a swim for the afternoon and when I came back up to the room around 5:00 pm the room was so very hot. ( Of course, you have to take the keycard out of the slot that runs the AC so you can get back in)
Around 7 PM, the room was around 40 C (110 F). Outside air was cooler than in the room. I went down to the AC lobby and asked the girl to send up a maintenance guy.
I asked him a few times to feel the outside wall, the heat was so intense. He didn’t seem like he wanted to (he knew how hot it got?) He finally did..kind of ignored it. He played with the remote, said its working, will take 20 minutes to get cooler. (he took the remote with him so I wouldn’t play with it i guess . He didn’t believe me)
I stood out on the outside balcony, because the room kept getting hotter, and outside was cool. Everytime he took new guests in or out, I waved at him and said Hello. He finally came back an hour later...he kept saying it is cooler...it was blowing warm air. The room might have gone down to 35C (100 F)
He walked off, taking back the offer of another room after he talked to the other night guy. (on the 9th 3 am shuttle, he drove)
At this point, I packed my bags, and took them to the outside balcony. I also borrowed a chair from the inside balcony. Everytime he walked by with guests, I would wave and say hello. After about 45 min. Of this nonsense, he finally gave in and took me to another room
He took me to the other building, where the lobby was AC, I made a comment about how cool the AC made the lobby .
The new room was still facing the afternoon sun, but it was cooler. He played with the AC remote, and then said he would get another one to make sure it worked... He replaced it with one that was not for that AC unit. He went away. Not only did he switch the remote, he switched for one that just looked like it was on. He was MAKING SURE I DIDNT GET AC. I HAVE ASTHMA, AND HE SAW ME USING MY INHALER, SO HE DID IT TO SPITE ME.
I gave up...I did not want to waste anymore time with that rude man! The room was hot, but nearly as hot as the other room. The next morning I went outside on the small balcony, and even though the AC unit was running, (still no cold air) the outside piece that actually cooled the room wasn’t on. So he came up to the room, fixed it so the AC didn’t work just to punish me for bothering him? The second night, I just left the door open and the FAN ON..I managed.
I asked all sorts of People how their AC was working and they said they made the rooms very cool.
To think I tipped him when he changed my room...I made sure he didn’t get a tip the morning I left!
The 2 men working the night shifts of March 7 and 8 were both very rude. They don’t believe in customer service! I travel all over the world travelling on my own, and I have NEVER ENCOUNTERED ANY HOTEL WORKERS SO UNWILLING TO HELP A GUEST.(or to go out of their way to make sure the guest didn’t get what the hotel promises. I am very good natured and treat everyone politely.
CUSTOMER SERVICE IS CERTAINLY LACKING AT THIS HOTEL!

Room Tip: stay away from rooms that either face or the outside wall is facing the afternoon & setting sun...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bangkok
BS Premier Airport Hotel
The Cottage Suvarnabhumi
The Cottage Suvarnabhumi
#374 of 849 in Bangkok
Plai Garden Boutique Guesthouse

Been to BS Residence Suvarnabhumi? Share your experiences!