BS Residence Suvarnabhumi
$162
$145
$461
  • Pool
All reviewstransit hotellocal marketsuvarnabhumi airportfree transfernice poolshuttle buswake up calllong flightan overnight staytesco lotusclean bathroomhotel restaurantpool sideshort staythe hotel offersthai food
Reviewed February 3, 2013

The accommodation and cleanliness was great. . However we found the staff at this establishment very rude (apart from the gentleman who took us in the hotel's mini bus to the airport). The lady and man at the front desk were rude and doubted that our booking had been made (through hostel bookers). We showed them the booking on our email, confirming such, they then treated us with contempt. We kept our cool with them right the way through, believing it may have been a language barrier, but they continued with their rudeness. . The porter (whom we did not ask for, but insisted taking our bags to our room) complained bitterly about the weight of our bags and then waited for a tip. . We thanked him for his assistance and bade him fairwell. . We had to ask him to leave eventually as he was obviously expecting a tip and after our introduction to the hotel, and his complaints, we were certainly not going to receive a tip from us.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jenni195888
Reviewed January 30, 2013

The staff were very friendly and offered good service. The rooms were simply designed -with a very comfortable bed. Noise from club at the back was quite loud, luckily my partner and I can sleep through anything. If your a light sleeper this would definately have interupted your sleep! The restaurant is only open for breakfast - would have been good to just grab a bite at hotel. Saying that though there are, markets at the end of the lane (2 min walk) that is very popular with locals - so really cheap. Would have been nice to buy a beer at hotel also!
The pool at this hotel is huge and has a nice area to sit around, with alot of trees - lovely.
This probably wouldnt be my first choice of hotels if I was staying in Bangkok for awhile - taxi into Bangkok central was at least 30 mins. For our purpose of a stop over (we stayed two nights) it was good. Free taxi service to and from the airport is always a bonus too.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Raymor72
Reviewed January 30, 2013

After reading previous blogs, I was not sure what to expect. Only one night stopover, so took the chance. With two adults and two children we booked adjoining superior rooms. I have stayed in many and varied accommodations in my travels, and for the equivalent of $40 aud per room per night, this place is excellent. Very close to the international airport with a complimentary pickup. It would be more helpful if the pickup was a little more visible at the airport Ask near gate 4. Check in and reception very efficient and staff helpful. The rooms are large, very modern and clean. Ensuites good. The place was soundproof. Heard nothing outside. Beds are very comfortable. Flat screen TV. Breakfast had all the requirements, but gets a little busy at times. We used the pool. The children loved it. Check out time 12pm. Concierge phoned taxi for us. Arrived within minutes. Totally enjoyed our short stay at BS Residence. Not sure what other people expect for their money. Will definitely use it again if required. Thank you staff at BS Res. for good service.

Room Tip: stayed in wing overlooking pool.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I tried this hotel first time just after they finished the new wing with pool view rooms and decided to try it again since the pool area is pretty nice looking and the rooms were new first time.

So this time, I realized the new wing has most of the elements to be a really nice budget property, but considering it's not really a budget property in this neighborhood it's missing some of the key elements.

Although the room has Flatscreen TV's, microwave, refrigerator, and nice bedding, it's missing things like sitting chairs although there is enough room for them. I will mention though, the deck chairs on the balcony are OK.

The staff at check in have a few rough edges as they really pushed my better half pay when checking in prior to my flight arriving after midnight even though I'd guaranteed the booking with a credit card. Finally they gave in and let her check in (she didn't know if I'd paid when booking or not).

When I wanted Wifi I found out they're on of the last hotels in Thailand to charge for it. It wasn't expensive at 60 baht for an hour, but why charge when it's mainstream not to.

Although the bathroom looks pretty nice with a thick glass partition shower, the drains in the bathroom were slow, toilet didn't flush well and bathroom missing a few extra hooks for hangin stuff.

We already knew from the first stay there is no point in booking the room with breakfast, so we didn't take a look this time. We prefer to do the lunch buffet at the airport Novotel for a killer brunch.

At the end of the day, if they would make a few minor inexpensive improvements and polish up the service, this hotel would be a great option at the higher end of the budget market ( we paid 1,500 baht whereas there are lot's of similar options in the area for 1,000 up). So for now I'm gonna rank it as average. Might try it again, but not sure.

Happy Traveling

Room Tip: Make sure you book the more expensive new Pool View rooms and not the older wing.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ERIC C
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I had some business to attend to near the airport and didn't want to spend the money on the Novotel, after looking at the reviews, I chose the BS Residence. It's just a run down mosquito ridden place, I wouldn't recommend it to a friend, staff were difficult to work with when I complained about all the mosquitos. The beds ok, their location only 5 minutes from the airport and they provide a hotel van, AC works well. They were unable to provide me and my gf two keys. I'll stay at the Novotel next time.

Room Tip: I'd recommend staying in Bangkok.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business