“Dissapointing” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #661 of 1,132 Specialty Lodging in Bangkok
Antwerp, Belgium
“Dissapointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

We had to drive through some muddy construction works in front of the door whicj means there is mud a little everywhere. When arriving the hotel seemed good. Apparently got an upgrade.

Rooms and bathroom are very spacy but very cold. Not cozy at all!

Mattress and pillow not that great but not the worse we've had either.

Pretty dirty. Some mud on the floor. Salamander running along the wall. Leaking toilet so big wet pool around and in front of it. Little bugs running over the mini bar and amenities tray. Did not bother to call reception as we were there to go immediately to bed and go to the airport first thing in the morning.

As I had to leave early I got a boxed breakfast. Good shuttle service, staff is OK.

As I have to stay near the airport again next week I will be looking for another hotel.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank GregBE

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Paris
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

I booked via a booking engine, very last minute (2:30 hrs before arriving, late at night). When I arrived and found the person at the airport, she didn't have my name (very understandable) so called the front desk - no success to retrieve my booking. After 10 minutes discussion, they told me to find my booking number - or I could not take the shuttle (??!!). So I went looking for internet in the airport, came back 5 minutes later with booking number - to learn that the shuttle just left and I had to wait for another 30 min!!!

When I finally arrived, I had to wait another 30 min for my room - to find out there is actually a night club or something just next to the hotel with very loud music (bed trembling!) until 3am - or 4am, they don't know exactly, they hope it will stop but yes it is so every night (answered by the staff when I complained). Change of room not allowed ("we are full, last room for this category, you could upgrade but you would have to pay extra 950 baths").
They finally offered to reimburse me and take me back to the airport (at 2am - I didn't agree).

Wifi you have to pay for (150baths/day), room smells.The good point? Proximity to the airport - but I will not stay there again, I'd better be in the city center - much nicer - and I would sleep better.
To be fair, may be the highest category rooms are better - I didn't see them.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Spielerin_Paris

Travelers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

Stayed for an overnighter after a late arrival in Bangkok. Whilst overall I wouldn't rave about this hotel it served it's purpose.
We opted to stay in one of the pool access rooms which whilst the furnishings were a bit spartan, the room was very clean and spacious and having a balcony to sit on after a long flight was a definite bonus. The a/c worked a treat and the bed was very comfortable.
Breakfast was so so.
As we weren't leaving until midday. we took advantage of a hour beside the pool which was quite nice.
Free transfers to and from the airport, which was a mere 10 minutes away was great. I would consider staying here again and would choose the pool access room again

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank vichri81
Stockholm
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

It's really badly maintained. Rooms full of filth equals rooms full of insects. Dead frogs by the pool equals lots of flies by the pool. Can't say too much good about the location either. Going to Bangkok is a 30 minute walk, followed by a 45 minute train ride. Only reason we stayed was for the free airport shuttle. Wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TravelCouple2014
Claremont, New Hampshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for two nights. I was quite torn between giving the hotel a two-star rating versus a three-star rating. To be fair, I paid only $20 USD/night for the room, so probably got what I paid for. If you’re in Bangkok for only a night and need to be close to the airport, this might be a tolerable option for you, as the hotel is located in a suburban area only about 5 km. from the airport. As far as I could tell, there was only one restaurant near the hotel, and the hotel restaurant only seemed to serve breakfast. There was also a market, a convenience store, a couple of massage places, and a small number of other shops located nearby. The room that I stayed in had a decent TV and refrigerator, but had about as much charm as an undecorated dormitory room. Upon entering the room, I was overwhelmed by the odor of an extremely strong smelling cleaning solution. The phone in the room did not work. The curtains were circa 1970. The view from my window was of an area that resembled a junk yard. The room was not cleaned during my stay, which usually wound not have been an issue for me, but on this occasion was, because I had put a number of restaurant take-out containers in the trash shortly after my arrival. Hotel staff members were not necessarily rude or unhelpful, but were generally rushed and not exactly warm and hospitable. On a more positive note, the hotel provides a free shuttle bus to and from the airport as frequently as a guest needs this. There is a customer service person at the airport who will call the hotel shuttle bus for you, which in my experience generally arrived within 15 minutes. The hotel also has a nice pool, and the rooms that are on the ground level close to the pool appeared to be of a much better quality than my own. Finally, the hotel offers a very generous buffet breakfast, which more accurately could have been called a smorgasbord.

Room Tip: close to the pool