“Old uninteresting hotel.”

Ratchada City Hotel
Ranked #721 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
“Old uninteresting hotel.”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Stayed here twice a few years ago, before discovering another hotel.
Rooms here are old and smell like it too.
The location far off Ratchadapisek road, the walk in from there is quite daunting as you pass some dark roads.
The breakfast was mediocre to say the least, the staff also had problems with English, luckily I speak some Thai.
The only plus point is the rooms can be had for around 800 bahts but if I had any other choice, I wouldn't consider this danky place.

Room Tip: No tip here.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank JonathanLin1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed October 23, 2012

The hotel does not have anything special to comment on, it has a very spacious room and large beds located near the station Huei Kwang; it is accessible to most places.

Try the club sandwich for a treat! very nice, every time!

More importantly, there is the somboon seafood in that district which is deadly famous for its pice and value of food. give it a try!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank Jeremy C
Manchester
Reviewed September 8, 2012

We stayed here for two nights as the place we were booked in to had no record of our booking and had no rooms.
We had just travelled for 10 hours and were very tired so we just checked in here to have a rest.
The hotel is old and tired looking with dirty carpets in the room and poor sound proofing.
The hotel seems to be popular with Chinese people and they were very noisy.
Their is no safety box in the room but they have boxes downstairs at reception. I would make sure you use them if you stay here.
I wouldnt stay here again. For less money you can stay at better hotels nearby, and for a little more money you can stay at a very nice one.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank alanst

Travelers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Kazakhstan
Reviewed September 19, 2011

We were robbed in this hotel - some very important stuff was stolen from our bag that we left in the room before our departure. Unfortunately we realised it on the way to the airport. I've sent email to the hotel - no reply.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
11 Thank zholdas
Malaysia
Reviewed January 18, 2010

I stayed here for a week on my recent business trip to Bangkok, and was geniunely surprised at the size of the room. I requested a single room and was not really concerned with anything else as I expected myself to be away most of the time in my Thailand office. I stayed at 805 and it was generously spacious. The single bed was in fact king size and could have easily accomodated 3 people easily. A pity I slept alone every night. House keeping was done everyday and they pretty much replace everything such as the towels, re stock the refrigerator, and even arrange your own personal
items nicely. I think they even replace the bed sheet instead of simply just redo it. The toilet was small but does what it is suppose to do just fine. Almost every necessary item in the toilet is provided except the toothbrush. My room had a personal terrace where you can drag one of the chairs out on a cool day and relax, although in the evening I noticed it was usually swarmed with insects attracted to lights outside. But on a hot summer day in Bangkok where temperatures can easily reach 40 degrees celcius I would recommend you to stay inside. The air con unit is powerful and in fact too powerful in my opinion. I often had to wake up in the night to switch if off, even though it was on low mode. I wouldn't be surprised if the room can be kept at 16 degrees celcius at full blast in a city like Bangkok where summer never ceases. There is a massage service downstairs where you can get actually reserve an appointment in the privacy of your room. 300 baht for 1 hour and 500 baht for 2 hours. There are several massage spas in the immediate area of the hotel. Location wise this is indeed a good hotel, located near Huai Kwong station (3-5 minutes walk) and 10-15 minutes train ride away from every major areas of Bangkok. The area is popular for wealthy Chinese and Japanese tourist, which is clearly evident with the type of restaurants and entertainment centers located around there. Westerners, Africans and Middle Easterns will usually stay further down town, along Sukhumit Soi 3. Lots of westerns restaurants and shops in that area, which is around a 10 minutes cab ride away in normal traffic and a cost of around 80 baht (~3 USD). Not surprising I was placed here since I work for a Japanese company. Anyway, one negative issue I encountered with the hotel is the room service. Unlike what the hotel claim, I do not think it is available 24 hours a day. Sure, you can still call. And then pray that someone will bother to pick the phone up. Not a big issue though if you are looking for food. Lots of restaurants outside that operates into the wee hours. All within 3 minutes of your room. Breakfast at the hotel starts at 6am till 10am. Food is just average. Normal buffet breakfast of east meet west. Some local food such as fried rice, vegetables and meat and then some bread, hams and sausages more orientated to Westerners. However be warned that they are probably supermarket quality. Laundry service is another negative issue. I urgently needed
some clothes washed and was willing to pay any price for it. Too bad the operator only bothered to forward me to the laundry service who cannot seem to understand English at all. I gave them another chance and did it sometime later and the same thing happened. Twice is too much for me. However, all in all I am not going to complain for a room which cost only 1200 baht per night. I have been to worse places. If you are not on a very tight budget and do not mind spending more for quality and service, I would recommend this place. Location is definately the best advantage it has.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank JyuuGaTsu
Noida
Reviewed December 21, 2009

We liked our stay in Ratchada city Hotel in Bangkok. The facilities provided with the swimming pool on the 3rd floor is great. The Indian breakfast with Chhole Bhature in Bangkok was really nice.

Nice spacious rooms.

The connectivity of this hotel through Metro is very good, the near-by station is walkable.

I would recommend this hotel to all tourists.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank sumitagarwal789