“Good value basic guesthouse”

Baan Hualampong Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bangkok
Baan Hualampong Guest House
Ranked #461 of 618 Bangkok B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Good value basic guesthouse”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

We stayed here for a few nights and had a decent stay.
The staff were pleasant enough. We paid 520 baht per night (about £10.50) for a big room with two double beds, aircon, fridge, private bathroom with cold shower and western toilet, towels and loo roll provided. Breakfast was included too and was good, provided you like toast and fried eggs. There's WiFi in the reception area.
The room wasn't cleaned often enough and areas of the guesthouse were a bit grubby. We saw a couple of roaches, but nothing drastic.
The location was really good for us - not too close to the crazy tourist part of town but really near the Hua Lamphong metro station so it was a good base for exploring the city.
We felt it was good value for what we paid.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Indonesian first
Wanneeickel
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

Stayed there in August 2012 because a friend of mine recommended this place to me. Half of the showers were out of order also the WiFi didn`t work properly. In the land of the smiles I got not one single smile from the owner (Tommy). I asked him about a visa service for myanmar he did not have clou how to do it (was I the first person ever asked him that question). And I found it as well not polite from him to always remind me o paying my room, like three times a day. But on the other hand he was very calm when the showers and half of the toilets didn`t work. That did not seem to bother him. Tommy and the owner family gave me (and other guest I discussed it with the feeling that we might disturb them with our presence.maybe it will change and they are new in the business ...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Christian M

Travelers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Shenzhen, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

Friendly staff, cheap, old style thay wooden home. They should clean bathroom more often... Position is good: is located near Hualamphong train station and MRT station. Basic breakfast is included in the price.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank MrLik
Haarlem, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

We stayed in this guest house for only one night because we needed accommodation near the Hua Lamphong Railway Station as we were departing for Cambodia at 5 am. The crew was nice and offered us to stay in a 4 person room although we were 5, but we payed 1000bth for the room (normal price for 4 person, he didn't count the other person).

Our room had air conditioner and a private bathroom with a separated room for the shower. It wasn't actually in the main building, but in the building next to it. There wasn't a problem for us to leave the guest house in the middle of the night because we told the guy the day before. The only thing I missed was the wi-fi, for that price it could be included, but I don't think they had that service.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2012

This cute guest house is right opposite the train station in Bangkok and just a 10 min walk from Chinatown with its authentic atmosphere. The guest house looks lovely. Unfortunately we had bed bugs in our room and the staff didn't emtpy the trash bin in the upper floor, one toilet and one shower (shared bathrooms) wasn't working so that some people had to change floors to use the bathroom. Breakfast was included but wasn't that much. If there weren't any bed bugs I would recommend this place.

• Stayed March 2012
Manila, Philippines
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2012

We stayed here only for a night. We came from Cambodia and got off in Hualampong Central and from Hualampong we took the sleeper train to Malaysia. obviously, our primary reason for choosing the place is its accessibility to Hualamphong Central Station. It is indeed very near (about 5-10 minutes) walk. It's also close to establishments like convenience stores, coffee shop and other food stalls. We were supposed to get a room with a/c unfortunately there were no available a/c room so we had to settle with the regular one (electric fan).

Unlike the other guesthouses I've tried where the owner is normally quite friendly and helpful, the owner of this guesthouse apparently lacks rapport with the customer. There was not even a slight smile for the guests. He was nice, nonetheless. There are two toilet and bathrooms in our floor - 2nd floor. The good thing (and something that is very important for me) is that their bathroom and toilet are clean. Our room however was dusty, with old tile floorings which were slighly broken. You have to be careful when walking otherwise you might be tripped by some of the protruding tiles. The closet in the room was broken as well. The ceiling fan was noisy. Good thing we were so tired from our trip to Bangkok so we were asleep the moment we hit the bed. WiFi in our room was strong, though.

I would not recommend this place if you're in for a long stay. Although, our stay in Baan Hualamphong wasn't that terrible, it was not satisfying either. If you're not quite picky with the place and you just want a place for a quick sleep and shower, by all means, choose this. If not, then I guess you can find a much better place than this guesthouse. A place that will make your stay more memorable and relaxing.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank yasameen_desu
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2012

I made reservation online like a month in advance, the only reason i opted for this place because of it's proximity to the railway station. Upon arrival, i was told that the rooms were full and they could not accommodate me. I showed my reservation but was told that the guy from last night did not want to check out, my room was taken. The guy at the reception told me that their existing customers were priority and it was the guest house policy. They did send me an email but i was already travelling. Dissapointed but I found Myplace guest house right opposite to be a wonderful place.

Stayed January 2012, traveled solo