Studio Sukhumvit 18 by iCheck inn
Ranked #378 of 861 Hotels in Bangkok
Bangkok, Thailand
“No”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Horrible, tacky bathroom (spider webs at ceiling, broken tiles, shower floods whole bathroom, tacky towels, toilet leaking, etc. ) in my "standard" room, the shades hide a horrible view (no day light would come in anyway), noise and cigarette smoke from so-called lounge til 2 in the morning (non-smoking rooms right above it!), bed sheets grey (once white?). 1400 BHT is too much money for what you get.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Karen K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Okay, i'll start with the positive. It's in a good location and central to quite a few places around Bangkok. If you need to get back to the room after being out and about, let the taxi driver know that you are near either Terminal 21 or Soi Cowboy, much easier to get back to the room that way. When i had a water leak in my room (Jacuzzi Suite) my room was changed rather quickly and a staff member was glad to help me shift my belongings, which was great.The breakfast was adequate as well. The beds in the Jacuzzi Suite are very comfy to sleep on. The Jacuzzi is wonderful to use.
Now for the negative. It's hard to tell the difference between which girls actually work there and who are bargirls. Some clarification in this area would be good. One time i waited a few minutes to get my keys to my room. I didn't know that the girl sitting down with a bloke on a pc actually worked there until i rang the bell at the counter. She did see me come in but couldn't be bothered to get up until i rang the bell. Socialising should be secondary to service. I didn't even go into the Toxic lounge, i thought it to be a little dingy for my liking.
Overall, i would recommend the hotel with the positives better than the negatives. I wish the new manager Roger (i think), the best of luck with the hotel when he takes over in October. He is a nice man and was great to have a chat to over breakfast. A lot of the ideas he has for the hotel are great ones and i can see great potiential in the place to be a success with the right manager and some good, hardworking staff on board. I stayed for about 3 to 4 days in September 2012.

Room Tip: The Jacuzzi Suites are quite nice to stay in.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank GP-Thevinylpusher
Geneva
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Town Lodge is located at the end of a quiet street a few minutes walk from the BTS station Asok and the MRT station Sukhumvit. It is easy to reach by public transport from the airport and a convenient location in the heart of Bangkok.

I have stayed at Town Lodge several times over the past few years. The Swiss owner keeps an eye on the operation. The employees are pleasant and effective. Requests are quickly handled without any problem.

It is a discreet, confortable and no hassle place to stay at very good value for money.

Room Tip: Some room are equipped with a Jacuzzi
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank G C
The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I needed a room soon and by accident I found a discount through a website I pass by once in a while.
It wasnt difficult to make a reservation through their own website and by mentioning the name of the website I got a discounted rate of 800 Baht.
The normal price was 1400 so I was pretty happy with that.

When I arrived at the place I was very disappointed.
The hotel was situated at the far end of the soi and it wasnt really welcoming.
I thought it was a cave but it was my hotel.

The lady at the lobby was very polite and did the administration very fast and accurate.
She asked for a deposit of one night, no problem but why didnt she gave me a receipt?
When I asked for it she gave me the feeling it was a strange question, I didnt want to make big fuss about it so I went to my room.

It was a big climb to the fourth floor with my heavy suitcase but I managed it.

The first meeting with this hotel gave me a bad feeling, I was afraid that bad feeling wouldnt stop.

The room has a good size.
The bed is big and the aircon works well.
An old-fashioned TV but the channels were fine.
The overal style is nice with dark wood and the lighting was very creative and even romantic.
It was clean but the feel was shabby.
The shower wasnt good, the showerhead was kinda broken so the water would spray around.

I also dont like it if a carton drinkcup is placed above the drain.
It gives me the feeling something can crawl out of it or maybe some smell.

My biggest problem was the distance between the hotel and Sukhumvit.
The second was the climbing of the stairs to the fourth floor.
The third was the shabby looks but I guess it is because you get what you pay for.

At the lobby there was a sign with a TripAdvisor-recommendation.
I think this is what you get voor 800 but it isnt worth more, good hotel for the one on a budget, I prefer more than this.

Room Tip: First or second floor
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Richmer66
ringthebells, General Manager at Studio Sukhumvit 18 by iCheck inn, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
hi

sorry you had a bad feeling, usually we reserve those 4th floor rooms, for the budget travellers.
got others on lower floors, with new TV's and dvd players.

the hotel is at the end of the soi - correct. but it also makes it nice and quiet during the night and in the mornings.

the walk is just 5 minutes to the front of sukhumvit.

I have no idea why there was a paper cup covering the bathroom sink. - I will investigate.

hope you still had a good time.

kind regards
ralph
Bangkok
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I stayed here for several weeks when my home north of Bangkok was flooded. Very good room, good facilities and great staff. Run by a Westerner and even has a great bar downstairs. The best price available in such a central location.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Clown E
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed May 18, 2012

What i really about Town Lodge is the service and staff, they are really helping guest. The lobby and rooms are clean and really nice. We definitely go back here it's near from mall and BTS station.

Room Tip: standard is ok cheap all rooms are nice with window
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Maiden, North Carolina
Reviewed March 31, 2012

It was my first time in Bangkok and I wasn't sure what to expect. This hotel was easy to book, clean, quiet, comfortable. That is all I require as a basic need, but they went so much further. They were responsive to my every request! Everything that I needed from directions to laundry service was taken care of! Top notch! Any problems that I had were taken care of immediately. Everyone there treated me like family. The wireless internet access was reliable and available in all areas of the hotel. My stay at Town Lodge was one of best I have had anywhere for the money. (Did I mention the price yet? Worth every baht!) If you are looking for a comfortable, quiet place, affordable hotel located near EVERYTHING that Bangkok has to offer, this is the place for you!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo