“Nice rooms, decent location, pricey”
Review of S Sukhumvit Suites

S Sukhumvit Suites
Ranked #209 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed December 29, 2010

Our room smelled a tad bit like mildew but it was really nice. The shower was awesome -- it had this rain option and also a regular shower option. The drain had a little trouble but nothing we couldn't deal with. The room had HBO, and we watched some English movies late at night.

The location was sort of interesting -- Sukhumvit is supposed to be a great road for shopping, and its probably one of the nicer, more modern areas of Bangkok, but I didn't think it was that appealing -- on our way back through Bangkok we stayed in Banglamphu and it was much more tourist-friendly. The hotel is right next to Soi Cowboy, which happens to be one of the smaller prostitute areas, which we didn't know about until we wandered through (not the greatest experience for the first night of our honeymoon). It is really close to the metro though, which is a quick ride direct to the train station, so that was nice.

The hotel has a restaurant and a bar, and they give you some really nice tea when you arrive. They also had a sign -- buy one night get one free! But i didn't see that offer online anywhere, so maybe you have to be there physically to get the deal. They had free wifi, and a nice door man, and very nice ambience. We paid $80 a night, which was way more than we paid in any other hotel, though it was also much nicer. Still, the slight smell of the mildew in the room made me give it three stars -- I think the water from the bathroom doesn't drain properly.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
ssukhumvit, Manager at S Sukhumvit Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2011

Dear letsgoMacLean,

Thank you for taking the valuable time to put your review and appreciating our hotel.

Regarding the room rate, we are similarly offered our rates as equivalent as all 3 star hotel on Sukhumvit area which will usually be increasing the rates in the peak season, nevertheless, we had no charge for compulsory Gala Dinner as another did.

The little smell of mildew in your room might be due to the drainage being slow which was also due to the previous guest putting in substance that could not supposed to be put into it. Anyway we have taken care of it and thank you for bringing it to our attention.

The free night promotion is applied from Rack Rate (doubled normal rate) without breakfast and applicable for Suite room only, therefore, ensuring that you definitely had a better rate than this promotion offered.

It will be our best endeavor to continue improving our services and thank you once again for your valued patronage by appreciating our showers, HBO and free wifi internet. We look forward to welcoming you to S Sukhumvit Suites Hotel in the near future.

Best regards,

Management of S Sukhumvit Suites Hotel

Reviewed December 27, 2010

Okay, I stayed at 4 hotels in Thailand and this one sticks out in my mind as one of the better ones.
Location is not far from Nana and a 2 minute walk from Soi Cowboy. It was the only place I stayed that offered free internet. A standard that isn't even met by the $250 a night hotel I stayed in on the same trip in Vancouver. The rooms are modern looking and comfy. The safe is large and can fit my macbook. My only complaints are that I didn't get hot water from my shower and the beds are hard. I did mention as I was checking out that the water wasn't hot and the girl at the front desk was shocked so maybe it was something they fixed after I left. The staff were all very friendly and they offer a free breakfast as well. I would totally stay there again. They are a guest friendly hotel meaning you can bring back a friend for as long as you want with no problems, they just leave their ID at the front desk for security reasons. Of all the hotels I stayed, this one was best bang for my buck.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed November 16, 2010

I was looking for a centrally located, affordable hotel in the heart of Bangkok, with ready access to transit options and close to the heart of the city's great nightlife. I found all of that and more in S Sukhumvit Suites, and small, modern hotel right on Soi Sukhumvit, a block from Soi Asok, and short 5 minute walk to the famous Soi Cowboy. The hotel staff were all fluent in both Thai and English, and go out of their way to be friendly and helpful. They helped me set up a couple of tours, hailed taxis, pointed me in the direction of the closest currency exchange, and always got my laundry back promptly to the room. The rooms are very clean and well maintained, with large bathrooms that have both a full tub and shower. There are no patios on any of the rooms, and the rooms are all no-smoking, but the hotel offers a serviced outdoor patio off the lobby where you can order the drink of your choice, and smoke if you desire. My favorite evening pre-nightlife routine was to order a Singha from the hotel waiter, then watch the Bangkok streetlife while enjoying a cigarette. My only complaint was that my bed was a bit too hard. I still slept well, as the rooms really filter out the street noise well and have effecient air-conditioning, but the beds never felt really cozy. The hotel has its own restaurant, and serves good food, specializing in Thai cuisine, but serving up western as well if you desire.

As far as location, Skytrain and the subway entrances are both within a block from the hotel. There is a modern underground shopping center right next door, with many upscale shops and a bank with a currency exchange counter. ATM's abound in the area as well. Restaurant options abound as you will find both walk-in restaurants and sidewalk vendors by the dozen when looking for a good meal. if you want to check out the nightlife, and while in Bangkok why would you not, the famous Soi Cowboy is literally a 5 minute walk from the front door of the hotel. Bright lights, close to 40 bars, excitement and loud music await. The hotel is very guest friendly as well, just asking for ID.

You can spend a lot more money per night, and get a more lavish room in a fancier hotel, but if you are looking for a great hotel, with friendly staff and good service, close to the heart of Bangkok, you couldn't ask for more. When I return to Bangkok, this is definitely where I'll be staying once again.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank LosBound2014
ssukhumvit, Manager at S Sukhumvit Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2010

Greetings from all at S Sukhumvit Suites.
Thank you for your wonderful review, and appreciating our services.
We have tried to keep in mind clients comforts due to which we have used good mattresse (not too soft not too hard) which support and rest the back while sleeping so that you get up in the morning feeling fresh.
We hope to welcoming you and your friends back to our hotel again and give us the oppourtunity to serve you many many more visits to the land of smiles.
Best regards,
Management and staffs of S Sukhumvit Suites

Reviewed October 26, 2010

Stayed in this lovely hotel for the second time. Even though other hotels were offering much better rates at that time...just after the red shirt agitation, still preferred to stay there. Very convenient location...BTS station right next to the hotel, travelling to & fro from the hotel and the main shopping district wasa breeze. Rooms are large and very comfortable, amenities at par with the best. The Chicken Green Curry was one of the best that we have had. The staff out there are very friendly and always smiling. If anyone is looking for a really relaxed and comfortable stay, would definitely recommend this hotel...

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SwaroopChak
ssukhumvit, Manager at S Sukhumvit Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2010

@SwaroopChak, Thank you so much for your support and woderful review. We were delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. At the same time, your feedback regarding our Chicken Green Curry, and smiling of our staffs, we have mentioned into our continue improvement to further delivering the best services.
Once again, thank you for your valued patronage; we look forward to welcoming you again at S Sukhumvit Suites.

Reviewed October 17, 2010

Spending 3 nights at the hotel. The room was clean and neat. The location is good, just minutes walking to the MRT station. The wireless internet was free. The staff here were friendly and helpful. Great bathroom with good facilities. I'd recommend the hotel to my friends.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
ssukhumvit, Manager at S Sukhumvit Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2010

Dear Mortena72,
Thank you very much for your stay at S Sukhumvit Suites Bangkok. We all appreciated your support and a positive review. Please let us be your first choice for your next stay in the city of angle, Bangkok.
Management and all staffs of S Sukhumvit Suites.

Reviewed October 7, 2010

The Hotel can make you feel like home due to the friendly and helpful staff, convenience, good rate and cleanness. S Sukhumvit Suites Hotel is rather new located next to Skytrain and Subway and close to many shopping centers. my friends and I felt comfort with our stay, we made such a wonderful choice for our accommodation in Bangkok. We will choose to stay here again when we come to Bangkok.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank brachel

Dear brachel,
First of all we would like to express our sincere thank you for choosing to stay to with us at S Sukhumvit Suites. We all very glad to hear that you and your friends had a comfortable and enjoyable stay with us. Please let us be your home whenever you are back to the land of smiles, Bangkok.
Management and all staffs at S Sukhumvit Suites.

Reviewed September 10, 2010

The location is very convenient and close to BTS station Asot.
I stayed here for 3 nights.
Hotel is very clean but as usual very limited English @ the reception.
The bar is great and prices @ the bar is also very economical.
Room service is a pain so be prepared.
People are very friendly.
If your a smoker this hotel is surely not meant for you as the entire hotel is non smoking and fine is 2000 badth .
PLEASE DONT MISS THE BREAKFAST its the best thing in the hotel.
Other then these things the hotel is really nice and very elite for the prices they offer

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple