“Nice hotel but has attitude!”

The Fusion Suites Bangkok
Ranked #368 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel but has attitude!”
Reviewed November 1, 2010

We stayed at this hotel twice while we were on our travels in Thailand.
The first was a great experience as it was our first in thailand, we stayed for two nights and found it clean and modern. The free Internet on the Mac's in reception is a great bonus and the food is nice but pricey! The staff were very helpful and went out of there way to do anything for us, tuk tuk's and info etc.
Our return experience 2 weeks later was somewhat different. We were first put in a room that had a strong smell of smoke so we asked to move, I was informed all rooms were non smoking to which I informed them someone hadn't adhered to this. We were eventually moved to the same type of room on the opposite side of the hotel. The room seemed fine until it came to going to sleep, there was a noise going all night that sounded like a lift motor. We again asked to move the next day and nothing happened. This is a good little budget hotel and we probably would stay again but there are plenty of others to stay at that would be the same if not better.

• Stayed August 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
bkk
Reviewed October 28, 2010

i recommended my friends from Singapore to stay at the hotel for 3 nights and 4 rooms. The reason that i recommended them because i work as a SALES in hospitality in Bangkok and i used to inspection there, i love the decoration. But today, I called to the hotel around 9:25am, pick up phone by K.Nutpatun , Sales Reservation. I asked that my friend already checked out on 25/10/2010 Room 402, they forgot some cosmetic at that room, could you please check it for me. She said that she will check with housekeeping, and I have to call her back around 15:00pm. So, I asked her again would you call me back, I will leave my no. of Thai cell phone? She answered that I don’t have a time to call you, You SHOULD call back again with bad voice. OMG!!!!!! I feel really unimpressed!!!!! By the way I can learn that just one staff can make a bad image of the hotel (Study case for my team). My friend will come back again for next month, they like this hotel because of many reasons, good location, good decoration and so on. But I’m sure for next period. They will stay at other hotel for sure.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank alwayzBkk
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed October 24, 2010

I stayed in this hotel for only a single night as I was passing through Bangkok. The experience was still extremely pleasant. We arrived first in the evening and after taking the train, took a taxi to the hotel. The only problem was finding it (even though we had the address written down) After a short circling around with a taxi, we eventually found ourselves at the hotel. It was a fairly charming hotel and I liked the interior a lot.

While asking for a place to have dinner, the staff was helpful in getting us somewhere, but eventually there were apparently no restaurants within a few blocks of the place so a quick dinner was not possible. This was ok though as breakfast was included in the price and was a good basic breakfast with everything you need.

The best side about the hotel was the rooms. The room was spacious and comfortable and well furnished. I've stayed in Millenium Hilton in BKK as well which costs 3x as much as this one and the rooms there don't even come close to being as nice (at least the ones I've stayed in) I also liked the small extras in the room (iPod dock, balcony, electronics and built-in wall USB sockets) The only downside was the slight flooding of the bathtub while taking a shower. I had to get extra towels as there was gallons of water on the floor after taking a shower.

Overall I had a pleasant stay. The rooms are comfty and big and the staff is nice. I would definitely stay again!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Shanghai, China
Reviewed September 19, 2010

Well designed hotel, it's very nice and cozy. The staff were helpful and very friendly. The wifi was free. The room was large enough for us, the bed was comfortable. Thanks to the staff, the breakfast was very great, tasty. A good hotel to stay, overall.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Rockville, Maryland
Reviewed July 24, 2010

had a very pleasant experience. good wifi. very comfortable. very nice hotel. great staff, excellent service. very clean rooms. decent breakfast.

only complaint is that to get to some of the tourist attractions of Koh San road area, it's not so easy... must take sky train or metro and then walk or taxi... walk is an hour or more.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank benjiwitz
Staffordshire
Reviewed June 25, 2010

We were meant to stay at The Key hotel but when we arrived they advised that they had double booked, so we would stay in their sister hotel..... We were taken to it in a taxi one minute round the corner!
I think because of this they may have upgraded our room.It was very modern and very spacious with lots of mod cons. The bed was massive and I loved the light and sound system in the room.
It is situated by plenty of shops/markets to look around and plenty of nice places to eat. We only stayed the night on the way back home from a fab trip in Thailand, so i'm not sure how far it is from the tourist points.
The breakfast was probably the best we had why in Thailand and was such a nice touch to the end of our fab trip, I didn’t want to come home!!

Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Cambridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 1, 2010

Stayed in this hotel for a few nights. At around USD 50 a night, it was a good bargain for the price.

- The hotel is brand new so everything works fine and is perfectly clean. Even if you have a sense of cheapness in many details, so I guess it won't be that good after a few years. However

- Breakfast is not very good but it is a 3-star hotel after all.

- Staff is friendly as usual in Thailand but they do not seem very trained. This has not been an issue for me.

- Be careful. Some rooms are facing the side walls so the views are blocked (!). Not very nice.

- Room sizes are fine for a solo traveller with hand-luggage but I wonder how a couple with luggage could manage in a standard room.

Overall, a good experience, and a very good value for the price.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo