“Best hotel I've ever stayed at!!!! A home away from home....”
Review of SilQ Bangkok

SilQ Bangkok
Ranked #203 of 893 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed June 7, 2010

First things first.... My friends and I came to bangkok at the worst possible time, Protesting went into high gear and curfew was imposed the day we arrived. So day after day we came back to this hotel and the service was outstanding! anything we needed we got! from suggestion and personalized opinions to were we should wine and dine, areas we should avoid and of course the attentiveness and kindness from the staff. The rooms were very clean and the beds were extremely comfortable. The restaurant served very delicious meals that are hard to find in any gourmet venue. In my opinion, the thing that turns this hotel into an outstanding resort, is that when it came time for my party and I to check out, we wanted to stay! This place is really a "Home away from home!"

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,111)

Reviewed June 3, 2010

My wife and I visited Bangkok last month and stayed at the SilQ. It is a beautiful boutique hotel in a great location near the Skytrain and subway stations (one of the few intersecting points). Rooms were clean and modern, but a little small. Reliable wireless internet. Staff was very helpful. I would stay here again. Best location I could think of...

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Erica J
Reviewed May 16, 2010

We stayed for 11 nights at the SilQ Hotel on our first overseas holiday and couldn't say a bad word about it! From the moment we were picked up from the airport we were looked after exceptionally well. Check in was smooth and we were shown to our superior room (taking the advice of other reviewers), our bags were brought up within minutes. The room was immaculate - everything was clean and tidy, there was even a fresh flower (which was replaced regularly during our stay) in the bathroom and bamboo in the room. Every day our room was cleaned to the same standard as when we had checked in.

The bed was very comfortable as were the pillows so each and every night we got a wonderful night sleep. Even though Soi 19 is a relatively busy road we heard no noise from the street or even from other guests for that matter. The air conditioning work wonderfully and was extremely pleasant after a day out in the heat! Also it only took a matter of minutes to cool the room if you turned off your air conditioning when not in the room.

Every time we entered the reception area we were greeted with smile and bow from every employee who were more than happy to help us out with anything we needed. Doors were often opened for us, elevator buttons pressed for us, and if you sat down in the reception, even for a few minutes an employee would bring you a glass of iced water (even tour guides waiting to pick us up received this special treatment too!).

Breakfast was included in our room price so we dined in the restaurant each morning. Eggs were cooked to order and exactly as we'd asked. The fruit was fresh and ripe. Our coffee cups were refilled when we finished and used plates were removed quickly when we had finished. Breakfast is from 6:30am to 10:30am - one morning we were being picked up for a tour at 7am and easily had enough time to eat a hot breakfast before meeting our tour guide. Other mornings we would wander down at 10:10am and still be looked after until after 10:30am. We were never rushed.

We dined in the restaurant twice for dinner, and twice for lunch - each time we were looked after with exceptional service! When we finished a drink we were asked if we would like another, water was refilled without having to ask, the meals were tasty and we never had to wait very long for our meals.

Another night we ordered room service which was as good as eating in the restaurant.

The location of the hotel is fantastic!! Only minutes walk to both the BTS Skytrain and MRT Subway - both with are cheap, easy to use and quicker than taking a tuk tuk or taxi. Even in peak hour they are great forms of transport!

Across the road is a 7/11, coffee shop (which makes wonderful iced coffee with a smile for 65 baht) and a pizza shop which makes great pizza. Close by is also Robinsons department store, McDonald's and Times Square (a smallish shopping centre which provides some great places to eat, including Coca, which is right down on the bottom floor).

It was my partners birthday while we were staying there and upon coming home at around 10pm a few of the staff came up to the room with a cake and sung him Happy Birthday. It was things like this that you didn't expect that helped to make our holiday extremely special!!

Wonderful service, always with a smile was what we received for the whole 11 days!! We had not been overseas or to Thailand before but were blown away by the service we received at any time of day.

We'll definitely be going back to SilQ hotel on future trips to Bangkok!! If I were you, I'd stop looking and book now!!

I almost didn't want to tell you how wonderful it was in case its booked out next time we go to Bangkok!!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Jesska56
Reviewed May 14, 2010

We stayed at this lovely boutique hotel on the 30th April. We enjoyed our stay and breakfast and would stay here again. It doesn't look like much from the outside however the rooms and service were fantastic! Very clean and comfortable. We had a lovely breakfast that was included in the price, with fruit, yogurt, toast and the usual things. You ordered your eggs or omelete however you prefer. The hotel is in walking distance to the main road, train and shopping. We had no problem finding somewhere to eat either, lots of resturants close by.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Martine062
Reviewed May 14, 2010

We were extremely pleased with our short stay at SilQ and will stay there again when we return to Bangkok. The hotel is extremely close to both subway and the "BTS Skytrain, which is a must due to Bangkok traffic. Based on prior history in Thailand, I was not sure what to expect for the price (many Thai hotels in "mid-range" pricing can be disappointing) yet the SilQ exceeded all my expectations. We had a deluxe room with an extra bed (three friends traveling together) and the third bed was very comfortable, with the room large enough to accommodate a third bed without feeling cramped. Although we were in downtown Bangkok and could look out all all the traffic below, our room was very quiet and our sleep quality excellent. The included breakfast included eggs cooked to order.

Only disadvantage is that the SilQ Hotel is young enough that taxi drivers are not familiar with the name. Just say that it is close to the Westin Hotel and they will have no problem.

We were in Bangkok during the "red shirt" demonstrations and did not feel threatened at all. The SilQ staff provided us with information about the areas to avoid and we had no problems at all.

We can recommend this hotel without reservation.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 9, 2010

I travel for business quite regularly for my work. I use TripAdvisor always and find that it helps me choose the best places to stay at an affordable rate. This time I hit the JACKPOT! After a long exausting flight from Kansas City to BKK, I was greeted at the airport by a luxury limo service that Silq arranged for me. It took about 25 minutes to get from the airport to the hotel. Check-in was easy and I was taken to the room. All I can say is WOW! This place is beautiful, modern, super clean and VERY quiet. I have heard absolutly NO noise outside or from any of the hotel guests. A 7-11 is directly across the street as well as TOPS Supermarket which was similar to an American style store. I bought some bread, deli meat and cheese and kept it in the room. They have a food court, deli, donut shop, coffee shop and liquor store all inside this one market. The manager Mr. Wong was REALLY nice and helpful. The entire staff is genuine and SO respectful. Anytime you order food or ask for ice to be sent up, two people come and when entering your room they take off their shoes and bow with the famous Thai salute. You really feel like royalty staying here. Bangkok is VERY hot in May, so drink lots of water and keep as cool as you can. This is by far the hottest place I have EVER been in my life, but the AC at this hotel is good and strong, so that was a blessing. The beds are not to hard and not too soft-actually just right. Shower had hot water always and was nice strong water pressure. Breakfast was super great and I had dinner at the hotel restaraunt once as well. Nicely prepared and good. Quit looking and just book yourself here as you will not be disappointed. And needless to say, if anything did go wrong, the hotel manager is very customer friendly and well trained in his management style.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 2, 2010

We chose SilQ because of the reviews here on TripAdvisor. I don't think we could have done any better! We are very close to the metro & skytrain and can get pretty much anywhere easily. The hotel is beautiful and well kept. The rooms are spacious and clean and the beds are SO comfortable. Fresh flowers in the bathroom is a nice touch =) The staff have been nothing but friendly and accomodating from making dinner reservations, calling taxi's and making recommendations on where to go or where to stay away from. We have enjoyed our stay and hope to come again!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple