“cool little hotel”

SilQ Bangkok
Ranked #194 of 866 Hotels in Bangkok
“cool little hotel”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Firstly, location was perfect just a short walk to terminal 21 mall and asok bts station, also lots to do in the local area. Also, I liked the modern design room and staff were friendly. Maybe lacks some of the shared facilities of the big hotels but made up for it in charm and value for money.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Narinthip G, Public Relations Manager at SilQ Bangkok, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Dear TripAdvisor Reviewer,

Thank you so much for your review. It is a great pleasure to read that enjoyed your stay with us. Again thank you for your compliments and we all hope we may welcome you again at SilQ Bangkok Hotel.

SilQ Bangkok Hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Decatur, Georgia
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I moved here from a *very* upscale hotel I'd been staying is for work, so I definitely noticed that it's not a super-fancy place.

On the other hand, if you book at a discounted rate, it's extremely affordable, and has all the basic amenities.

The breakfast is a little sparse, but perfectly serviceable. The downstairs lounge area is small but has lovely huge windows. The internet is fast, free, and reliable. The showers are decent.

Proximity to Terminal 21, BTS and MRT makes the location spectacular.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Dear TripAdvisor Reviewer,

Also it is wonderful that you feel you received attentive service. It’s something our staff takes great pride in. I will pass your compliments on to them. We are looking forward to having you back in the near future.

HONGKONG
Reviewed October 30, 2013

The location is good. It's near to Terminal 21. Therefore, it's convenient to go shopping and good restaurants, massage centre are around it. It is also near BTS and MRT stations. Room is clean, comfortable. Only hot water supply is not stable when taking a bath.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

UNITED STATE OF AMERICA
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I stayed 4 nights at Silq after a 4 night stay in Phuket. I was very pleased by its very clean and modern rooms. The location is excellent as many reviewers have mentioned. There are food stalls along the street in the evenings, established restaurants within walking distance, public transportation and taxi's as well as shopping malls nearby. The breakfast choices are few; however, the food was very good. The drinks at the bar are way overpriced so I would suggest that you go elsewhere for drinks. The staff at the front desk never went out of their way to make you feel welcomed. They only spoke if you asked them a question. The bellhop that works the weekday shift was very nice as well as the young waitress that takes your order at breakfast. There was an unpleasant smell in the hallways on the 7th floor; however, it did not penetrate into the rooms. The rooms are very clean, very modern and the bathrooms have large walk in showers. The beds are very comfortable and the air conditioning system is great. I would definitely stay at Silq again in the future.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Narinthip G, Guest Relations Manager at SilQ Bangkok, responded to this review, November 10, 2013

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Cosy and clean, near BTS and MRT stations, just few meters away! Good restaurants around. The staff is so kind and friendly!
The room are very confortable, big size beds, large shower and everything you need to stay and relax. Try it! You will enjoy your staying in Bangkok!

Reviewed October 30, 2013

I spent 3 nights stay at SliQ. It is my first time there. Rooms are clean, the comfort for sleeping is good! The TV connection is great!

The location of the place is good too. It is about 3 mins walk to Terminal 21 (where I can find loads of food, and a movie theatre), and 7-11 is just opposite. I have no trouble travelling to the hotel via airport express to Sukhumvit MRT.

The staff are friendly to guide me to the places I wanted to go and gave me "shortcuts" to go to my destination eg. taking MRT to JJ market is better than taking BTS as I get to sit in the train on my way there :)

Reviewed October 30, 2013

The location of the place is good too. It is about 3 mins walk to Terminal 21 (where I can find loads of food, movies), and 7-11 is just opposite. I have no trouble travelling to the hotel via airport express to Sukhumvit MRT.

The staff are friendly to guide me to the places I wanted to go and gave me "shortcuts" to go to my destination eg.taking MRT to JJ market is better than taking BTS as I get to sit in the train on my way there :)