“Disappointed stay”
Review of SilQ Bangkok

SilQ Bangkok
Ranked #206 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We booked this hotel for its great reviews by tripadvisor.

Room is overall nice and clean.

Breakfast is half buffet style, you are to order from a menu with a choice of egg and a sandwich or pancake, and there will be some food served as buffet - either fried rice/fried me/fried vege, fruits and bread.

BIG DISAPPOINTMENT:

In the morning, my hubby went outside our room to take a toilet roll from the cleaner, told them our room number when asked. Then we went out after putting on "Do Not Disturb" switch which mean we do not need cleaning for the room.

We have put our own bed sheet/pillow case on top of the hotel's bed sheet/pillow case as my baby has allergy towards detergent.

When we came back to our room in the evening, "Do Not Disturb" light is off, our room has been cleaned, our bed sheet had turn inside out!!!

And when I requested for an explanation of why they enter our room when "Do Not Disturb" is on, they told us it's because "Your husband requested us to clean up the room."

*Please do not simply make up a story to cover what you had done*.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank wecindy
Narinthip G, Manager at SilQ Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear TripAdvisor Reviewer,

I truly appreciate you taking the time to give us your valuable feedback from your most recent stay with us. Furthermore, I am glad that we could connect over the phone as I am obviously concerned reading about the disappointing experience you had at the SilQ Bangkok Hotel. Once again, please accept my sincere apologies regarding the service shortfalls you have experienced while staying with us and rest assure that we will use your feedback in the most constructive manner.

I do hope, that we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future and please feel free to contact me so that I may personally assist you with any needs you might have.

Kind Regards,
Manthira Khanthadet
Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,103)

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Hotel located in good location ie, walking distance for the shopping store, sky train. Price affordable as well. If possible, to provide more variety of foods - breakfast. Overall everything okay. Will continue suppport then.

• Stayed: September 2013
Narinthip G, Owner at SilQ Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear TripAdvisor Reviewer,

Thank you very much, for taking time to share your experience with us. We are glad to hear that our hotel provided you with the convenience. Please let us know how we may assist with your next trip back to SilQ Bangkok Hotel.

SilQ Bangkok Hotel

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I was on a business trip. Very nice quiet rooms, helpful staff, good food. All in all good experience. I would stay there again and would have no problem recommending this hotel to others. Very comfortable beds as well.They did have English channels and free wifi as well which was really nice. The company I was working for did all the expenses so I have no comment on that issue.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Narinthip G, Manager at SilQ Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Dear Tripadvisor Reviewer,

Thank you for your comment. It is a great pleasure to read that enjoyed our service from us and that you love the ambience of the hotel. Also it is wonderful that you feel you received attentive service. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to SilQ Bangkok Hotel at Sukhumvit 19 in the future.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

We really enjoyed staying at the SilQ Hotel in Bangkok.
We would stay there again, & have no hesitation in recommending it to others.
The bed was massive & very comfortable. The room had all the little facilities that travellers need, a safe, tea & coffee making, TV with lots of channels, & WiFi, all free of charge.
Staff were very helpful & friendly.
Food was good, & resonably priced, meal cost about 150 bhat. Only problem is you have to pay 6% Goverment Charge & 10% Serive Charge on top of the price.
Location was excellent for shoping malls, & transportation. Terminal 21 a shopping Mall & the Sky Train & underground all at the end of the road.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 31, 2013

We stayed in SilQ for 3 nights in the deluxe room and enjoyed our stay there. The room was spacious and we liked that their bed was huge! It is conveniently located just steps away from 7-11s, massage parlours (tho somewhat dodgy) and good street food (I liked the noodles stall in front of family mart). Both Terminal 21 and BTS Asok are 3mins away by foot. The only fault we found with the hotel is one of the waitresses at the breakfast area. On a whole I would highly recommend this hotel to all.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 30, 2013

I was not the guest of your hotel but I just came to see my friend. When I first came into the hotel, the staff guy was very friendly and helpful even though I wasn't the guest there. He helped me alot, booking massage, call a taxi and carry my bags up to the room. His name is Atiwat or something I don't remember
I am sure i would come back to this hotel next month. Nice staff, nice place and great service. Keep working!!

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Tripadvisor Reviewer,

Thank you for your comment. It is wonderful that you feel you received attentive service. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to SilQ Bangkok Hotel at Sukhumvit 19 in the future.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Me and my friend stayed there for five days and had a really nice stay. The beds were comfortable. WiFi was strong, room was cleaned daily and breakfast was good. It is three minutes of walking from terminal 21 which is a big mall and similar distance from the skytrain.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Tripadvisor Reviewer,

Thank you for choosing SilQ Bangkok Hotel. It is a great pleasure to read that enjoyed your stay with us and that you love the ambiance of the hotel. Also it is wonderful that you feel you received attentive service. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to SilQ Bangkok Hotel at Sukhumvit 19 in the future.