“be careful!!! unreliable stuff!!! go away from this hotel!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of SilQ Bangkok

SilQ Bangkok
Ranked #171 of 852 Hotels in Bangkok
Tel Aviv
“be careful!!! unreliable stuff!!! go away from this hotel!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

This hotel doesn’t worth nothing. Yes, it clean and the rooms are new but that’s all. In this price there are better choices especially in this area.
I try to understand why it got a high score here and can't understand. Maybe its travelers that were in a junk hotels around Thailand and decide to indulge themselves in Bangkok but don’t know what they can get around for less money.
The breakfast is poor, really nothing to eat.
The rooms we booked a deluxe room but it was not a big just normal.
The towels were very old and ugly.
There are few hundred meters from the station to the hotel but they don’t have a tuktuk service even its very common in hotels that charge even half price of this hotel.
The location of this hotel is a dirty street.
The most important thing happens at tour last day when more than 1,000 Euro was stolen from the open safe. When I told to the reception that I want to go back to the room because I forgot there something they insist to call first to the cleaners to let them know even I asked them not to inform anyone. When I tried to speak with the cleaner her supervisor stopped me and told me that I can't talk with her even her face said that she took the money.
For me reliability is the most important thing in a hotel, as a place that you leave there your belonging and go out. If you can't trust them why stay with them.
I know few people will think I am naïve but I travel a lot around the world and usually in hotels with 4 stars and up that have respect to themselves something like that don’t happen and if happened they take care of that in a better way.
I will never come back to that place and I am going to tell this story everywhere.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
7 Thank Shushush

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Meulebeke, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

Pros :
1. Top location : very near to Skytrain, food on floors 4&5 at Terminal21, and the nightlife on Sukhumvit Soi 11 and 12 (winebars, restaurants, discotheques,...). This must be the main asset of SilQ. Lots to do&see also within walking distance, day and night.
2. Modern an boutique style hotel, small and cosy
3. Very friendly and attentive staff (after two mornings, they know your breakfast preferences ! :-) )
4. Reasonably priced, not too high and not too low.
5. Super comfortable beds and pillows !!

Cons :
1. In our opinion, not recommended for stays longer than 3 days : no terrace to relax outside, no swimming pool,... That would be the major reason why perhaps not to go back, for us. We really missed enjoying the tropical sun at moments...
2. Airconditioning in the room was rather noisy and annoying during the night
3. Unfortunately their (external) laundry & dry cleaning service was not the better choice

But all in all : a very good choice, and one we certainly did not regret.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Nicolas G
Bangkok
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

Staff very friendly. When we gone out I forgot money to put on the table, after I arrived at hotel at midnight. Staff informed to me about it. Also when I check out reception ask me for belonging in the room and guest need to empty safety box. Then I have to go up to check in the room again. I stayed here for 4 nights everyday very good. I am sure I will go back to stay again. Room a bit small but we are tourist, I alway go out. Staff at hotel very helpful on destination to go sightseeing and recommend the place for massage near by very good and they book for us. No charge for printing of AirAsia ticket.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Misono_baby
Greenville, SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

I booked Silq based on user reviews on TripAdvisor and you peeps did not disappoint!

We booked a Superior room and thought the space was more than enough.

AC and WIFI worked great. There's nothing like blasting the AC after a long day trekking through Bangkok! LOL

The design is sleek and modern. Everything was clean.

The location is fantastic. Terminal 21, the huge mall is just down the road. There's food stalls, 2 7-Elevens, masssage parlors, and even a Beer Garden on the street.

Would def recommend to friends!

Room Tip: Get a Superior room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TobyandChewie
Haifa, Hefa, Israel
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

i came to this hotel because of reviews i read here and the high score it got here on tripadvisor but i was disapointed very much how far it was from what peaple said about it - or there is another option which is that the high score got to their head and they stop to care for their clients.
the price i paid was about 100$ per night and for the same price i got a much beter hotel few days before in pattaya (lk the empress) - so for that price i expected a much better hotel because it's not my first time in bangkok (i stayed last time at hotel called "center point" in the same street paid half the price and got a much better and bigger room, better service, better location ... so you do the math,

the hotel is "ok" but just ok please dont expect anything more like what peaple wrote here - the room is very small, it looks ok and it's clean bit very small.
they dont put "small things" that don't cost much but these small things can make the diference between an "ok hotel" to a "good hotel".

they dont even put regular galsses in the room (i dont even talk about wine glasses) - i had to call everyday to ask for glasses... they dont put tooth brash and toothpaste (every hotel i had until this one give you those small things), no iron in the room and because the room so small it's very hard to iron anything...the shower is also very very small (relative to the room) - at least the bad was big anough...

the room is actually very very basic like you expected of a 3 star avarage hotel that you can easily find in bagkok for the price of 50$ per night or so and certainty not one which cost 100$ per night - you can find much better hottles there at this price.

also in the last day we where we forgot money in the safe (we open it and took my money but forgot in the safe an envelop with my friend's money) - we came back to the hotel 30 min after checkout - and when we came to the lobby and asked to go up to the room - first she didn't let us and prefered to call first to the maid upstairs it seems to us like she wanted to warn her that we are comming - she talked whith her about 5 min and only then when they all knew we came back for the money we forgot in the room... they let us go up and ofcaurse no money was there - like they all knew we can't do anything - this is no way for a decent hotel to act at this unusual and serious situation - in similar case at another hotel i were a few years ago (shangrila,,,, what a big diference :) - they didn't tell anything to maid who clean the room they seperated all the workers who cleaned my room but it wasn't necessary - because the cleaning superevisor had already reported that money was found in our room and put it in the hotel safe! what a diference....

so i will never go back to this hotel and i know that in this price i can get much better hotel - so you do your math....

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
6 Thank Itamar_12
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

Just stayed at SilQ hotel for 3 nights and it was a really good stay!

CHECK-IN
We arrived late (around midnight) and it was a quick and easy check-in. Staff was friendly.

ROOM
Very clean and modern room. Felt like a hotel back home. Bed, small couch, desk, flat screen TV, big shower. Room to walk around in, you don't feel trapped. We spent a few hours relaxing in it and didn't feel like we were suffocating! Bed is firm and comfortable, with 4 pillows to choose from. TV offers a few english channels including HBO. Room also has robes and slippers :)

STAFF
Very friendly and speak english well. Helpful when it comes to calling you a taxi or giving you directions to get to one place. The women at the restaurant were so nice!! The cleaning lady or ladies did an impeccable job, and in a really impressive time! We'd go for breakfast for about 30 minutes, come back and the room would be done.

FOOD
Breakfast is included. You get to choose from eggs (you decide how they cook it), pancakes, french toast, bacon, ham, potatoes, sausage, etc. While they cook it for you, you can serve yourself at the cold buffet which often has fried rice, soup, corn flakes, musli, toast, jam, yogurt and a few kinds of juices. It's basic but satisfying! Didn't have anything else from their restaurant.

LOCATION
Good location, close to several restaurants and street vendors. Giant mall nearby with plenty of stores, like you would find back home (I'm from Canada). We only took the taxi or walked, and the only downside for this hotel would be the crazy traffic on the main road. But with taxi fares being so low, it wasn't a big deal. Usually would cost us about 75-200BT(always under 10$CAN) to get around everywhere. There is a huge massage (legit!) place one minute away, useful to stop by and get those sore muscles worked on!

Only "downside" I would say is that it doesn't have a gym/pool, but you can go to the Westin which is across the street for 500BT/day (15$CAN).

I would definitely come back, and recommend this hotel!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

Small hotel with very helpful staff. Right from the checkin, you can notice that the staff are so friendly and accommodating. This is a very trendy small hotel in Sukhumvit and so close to the Asoke sky train station. Lot of eating options nearby. The hotel staff recommended TamanThai across the street and we got 10% discount for eating there (the food was good too).

The hotel has breakfast which includes continental fare and made to order select breakfast. Felt this was very good because the hotel does not make a lot of food which goes wasted. The hotel has free wifi and bottled water in the rooms.

This hotel is complete values for money because the room and bathroom compare t any fancy pricy 5 star hotel. All we needed was good room and bathroom because we were out exploring Bangkok or shopping through out the day and evenings.

Highly recommended and will definitely visit again.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple