“By far the Best Italian in BKK”
Review of Enoteca Italiana

Enoteca Italiana
Ranked #295 of 11,173 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Sukhumvit
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

Having been at Enoteca more than 10 times I can testify to the quality from beginning to end of every single dinner I've had to date. The staff is exceptionally well trained, attentive, professional and polite, and beautifully complimenting the superior selection of high quality Italian dishes - and not to mention the wine selection which is probably the best in town. All in all please do yourself a favor and enjoy Enoteca.

There are newer reviews for Enoteca Italiana

Reviewed October 4, 2013

If you want average and standard Italian food and you are not ready to pay more for quality this is not the place for you. However, if you like to experiment with taste, presentation, textures and you do not mind mixing tradition and innovation then go for it! Owner Nicola and chef Stefano will surprise you over and over again with their creations. I was there yesterday (again) with my wife and we ordered the surprise menu. All the five courses were excellent, well presented, full of colors and flavors. The beef carpaccio starter with black truffle to be eaten with your hands after rubbing them in a towel imbibed with "spices water" was worth alone the journey through Friday's evening Sukhumvit traffic. The "primo", spaghetti cooked in tomato water on burrata, was possibly one of the best pasta dishes we've ever had. Beware if you have a hard core Italian palate, the dish can become addictive!
Please continue like this, delighting us over and over with your fantastic cuisine.

PS: Grazie mille Nicola per la piccola sorpresa a fine menu (la 6a portata...), abbiamo veramente apprezzato.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

I chose Enoteca based on the overall positive reviews here at TripAdivsor. However, I could have not have been more disappointed with both the food and service. I dined with two clients and the three of us have dined all over the world and eaten Italian food our entire lives. I have lived in NYC and San Francisco so I know high quality Italian food. The food was the furthest thing from "gourmet" Italian. The staff was mediocre at best; they were not on the ball and were not attentive to us. The house red wine was awful and was so bad tasting that my guest wanted to send it back. The food was bland, "flat", and very disappointing in terms taste and presentation. In fact, it was so poor that I wanted to speak to both the chef and the manager after our meal but I decided not to as I was with guests. I think the owner may have some issues going on in the kitchen with his cooks because the food didn't even come close to hitting the mark in terms of being "gourmet". The chocolate served at the end of dinner was so bitter that my guest spit it out. Overall, a bad dining experience and the low point of my otherwise excellent trip to Bangkok.

2  Thank John M
EnotecaBangkok, Owner at Enoteca Italiana, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

this kind of review let me without words
of course anyone is free to say their own opinion but should respect the work and the passion that all the staff of the restaurant ( enoteca in this case ) put in every day.
there is no possibility to understand what was wrong and the behaviour is a "bit wire" to not say worse :)

you don't like the red wine by glass ( we don't have house wine but 6 red wine by glass ) and you want send back? send back, change..why you did not?
you want to talk with chef or owner? lets do it...

it is more easy to write an anonymous review here of course than have the courage to talk face to face

Tripadvisor it is a useful tool but i think before writing anything people should first looking inside them self and make a self-criticism.....
we are all different with different taste and experiences so it is impossible to please everyone...but respect for the persons and the job is necessary
we are working.... here it is real business
we are not playing to be the Gourmet michelin expert or reviewer....

e quando ci vuole ci vuole

Reviewed September 23, 2013

This place has it all: amazing tasting food, menu presentation by the chef, great wine menu, good service. Compared to other venues in bkk, this one very affordable.

go for the steak tartar, it is so good. nice truffel sauce, the way to eat it is to wipe your hand in a seasoned cloth, then continue to eat with your hands! amazing!

Im definitly comming back. The difference between opus wine bar and this place: opus is more old school, while this place is much more refined. I prefer this place because I had a "wow" feeling with every dish.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

You arrive into beautiful hidden away courtyard, a tranquil setting, nicely lit - the perfect environment for a amazing dinner. On entering the restaurant the good impression continues- a great menu and an extensive Italian wine list.

Every detail seems to be perfect - the table, glasses, plates even the font used for the menu. The service is professional and prompt. Everything is set for a great dinning experience.

We sipped on a glass of delicious white wine and studied the menu. We were told certain menus were not available as the chef was busy. We were offered no assistance with the wine choice by the owner or staff- strange for a establishment with such an impressive array of wines.

We finally ordered the classic degustation menu and a bottle of Sicilian red mark 90pts by RP. Excitement filled the air with the prospect of what was to come.

Then things started to unravel.

The spell was broken with the first taste of the amuse bouche, it was like the dream was over. A tasteless dried up thing with an old fishy after-taste. Anyway, a few sips of wine, put that down to a mistake and move on. Next- tuna rapped in veal. Again tasteless, unseasoned, tinned tuna? below average. We have 4 courses left to go- let's stay positive. The squid cappuccino. bland, tasteless. Does the chef taste his food? As well as a total lack of flavour there is nothing Italian about any of this food. The presentation is great but the actual food on the plate is such a let down. The main course, veal, was OK. No cheese was on the menu unfortunately, so espresso and Sambucca - the high point of the night.

The owner never introduced himself, so we finished our coffee outside. The busy chef left and said good night.

A magnificent façade.
Such a shame ...the perfect setting and wine.. but food without love.

4  Thank Pauly2020