“wonderful hospitality and rooms”

Padi Madi Guest House
Ranked #151 of 698 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 22, 2010

Great Design! Receptionists are really friendsly and they like to take care of me.

rooms are really clean and a cleaner is really sympathetic.
there is a shower room and a toilet inside the room.
there is a flat tv on the wall. Unfortunately no Japanese programs NHK but
if you are an english speaker, you can enjoy tv. If you need help to go up stairs, it will be a bit tiring, because there is no elevator.

There is a skytrain station Thong Lor near the Padi Madi. There is a japanese restaurant next to the guest house. Convenience store is really close to the guesthouse too. Good location. I will come back again someday soon. I had a wonderful time there for a week.
I travelled to Pattaya but bags could be depositted in the reception. Good security.
24 hour open and you can get a card key to enter in middle of night.

Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank yoshi34
There are newer reviews for Padi Madi Guest House

Reviewed April 19, 2010

We 8 friends stayed in this guesthouse early Apr, Front Desk speaks great English, easy to communicate, and offers friendly advice. The rooms are clean & neat, and most importantly, hotel location is very convenient, just round the corner of Thong Lo BTS exit, we had a very nice stay there!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank Fat_Angel
Reviewed April 14, 2010

Very convenient location. Rooms super clean. Comes with safe, hot showers, fridge (complimentary water), kettle plus tea and coffee, toilet. Busy location but noise levels are quite low. Bed comfy. Service is very helpful. I was so impressed I booked in for return trip. Graham Wardle, Atherton,Australia.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
3  Thank Peregrinator10
Reviewed March 6, 2010

For the price you'll pay to stay here, there's nothing better out there. The rooms are stylishly appointed, and have the standards -- TV, free wi-fi, refrigerator, hot water machine (and free coffee and tea) -- and the a/c, which you control the temperature of, works well. The owner and manager are both very friendly, and go beyond the call. For example, I asked for a knife to cut up some fruit, and the manager insisted he cut it up for me and bring it back. He did a nice job! I was also given numerous helpful recommendations about the area's restaurants and shops.

The guest house is a minute's walk from a BTS (train) station, which is of course very convenient. Further, if you catch the airport bus, it drops you off literally steps away from the hotel.

No restaurant on site, but an included room service breakfast arrives at your door at the time of your choosing.

Highly recommended for this budget class.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
4  Thank kevboy
Reviewed February 28, 2010

We stayed here for our first night in Thailand. The location is great! It's right next to the the Thong Lo BST station. So we were able to hop on the skytrain after 45 seconds of slow paced walking from the hotel. The manager M and the owner Sean were both wonderful hosts. They gave us great suggestions for activities and transportation. Sean even let us keep our luggage in the hotel while we explore the city after checking out. And this was without us asking them. They could have saved themselves trouble and let us walk out the hotel with our heavy backpacks. But instead Sean kept suggesting we leave the bags and pick it up on our way to the airport. It was a brilliant suggestion as we would have had a hard time navigating the crowded market with our backpacks. They were more like thoughtful friends than typical hotel staff. We loved it. The superior room was pretty cute and very clean. For the special promotion price we paid it was a great deal. If we return to Bangkok again, we would happily pay the regular price to stay here. I really love it that it is a small hotel and that they went out of their way to help us enjoy our time in Bangkok. I would highly recommend this hotel if you want a place with a more personal touch and the ultra convenience for being so close to the ransportation system.

Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank honeymoonKohTao
Reviewed February 26, 2010

I was a first time visitor to BKK and heard of Padi Madi from a friend. I wanted to stay somewhere a bit off the beaten path to avoid loud, major tourist areas like in Silom. It was also important for me to find a place that had an intimate ambiance but wouldn't break the bank. Upon check in, I was greeted by friendly staff at the front desk and immediately impressed by the space. It's clean and sophisticated without trying too hard.

Beyond that, I found Padi to be a perfect balance of intimacy, sophistication, friendly service and at a great price. I'm already planning my second trip to BKK in a few months and definitely rebooking at Padi. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank tennistim
Reviewed February 23, 2010

considering its room size and it's not a hotel, the price might be too high.
but its location is very good. no community rooms or living rooms..
i don't know if it is really a guest house.
there's no elevator... hard to carry my suitcase up to my floor...

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo