“Chic and cozy, great location, excellent service!”

Padi Madi Guest House
Ranked #151 of 698 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 16, 2010

Stayed here on a holiday with my teenage son, and had such a wonderful experience. We fell in love with the rooms: the decor was stylish and modern, yet super clean and comfy. I love the natural light streaming into the room! It was such a cozy place to retire to after a hectic day shopping and roaming in Bangkok's chaotic streets. The room is cleaned daily and would be immaculate when we’d get back. The flat screen TV was also a big plus for my son, plus each room has coffee/tea and a water heater – great if you’re in a rush or would like something hot in your room before retiring. There’s an electronic safe to store your stuff in, so I felt extra secure. Lovely firm queen-sized bed, in which I slept very well in during those 4 nights.

We felt perfectly at home with the owners – who were extremely warm and would go the extra mile to deliver personal service. They’ll take the time to help you out and suggest great local places for you to go. They will really go out of their way to make your stay comfortable and both of them really are some of the nicest, most accommodating people I know!

For example, there were renovations going on at the time of our stay – for which they already apologized for, and which really didn’t bother us at all. Imagine our surprise when we got back one day and there were a yummy cookie surprise on our bed with a note thanking us for our patience with the renovations. Love these little thoughtful touches – it makes such a difference.

Location is perfect for us – it’s less than a minute’s walk to Thong Lo Skytrain station, which is just one stop away from one of our fave Bangkok malls, The Emporium in Phrom Phong station. Also, the Thong Lo area had lovely little eateries and food stalls – perfect for food tripping.

Rooms are affordable and reasonably priced - and definitely worth it!

On my next trip to Bangkok this year, I’m booking in Padi Madi again. Highly recommended!!!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank mcdg
There are newer reviews for Padi Madi Guest House

An Agoda Traveler
Reviewed January 14, 2010

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
3  Thank An Agoda Traveler
Reviewed January 14, 2010

I am a traveller man from Germany would love to introduce if someone still looking for the cheap place but look really nice to stay I would recommend you guys to keep eyes on Padi Madi Guest House which is located at nice area and very very close to the BTS and so frendly with 2 owners Irish and Thai. Room a bit small, bathroom also small but looks really cute. I think Its fit for one or two person for long or short stay.

I will come back to Bangkok again and OF COURSE, I will stay at Padi Madi Guest House again.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
3  Thank jelio007
Reviewed January 12, 2010

Not sure what to expect, I reserved a room for 2 nights and stayed 7 nights. I arrived at 02:00 and they greeted me with smiles and great service. The rooms are small and tastefully decorated. All the furniture in my room was new and good quality. The bathroom was also small but clean, functional and in good working order. From Padi Madi you can jump on the BTS (skytrain) at Thong Lo Station about 1 minute walk. Two young men own and manage Padi Madi. They were always available to offer assistance or answer any questions. If you share a room, be sure to request a larger room. The small rooms might not be suitable for two people.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank chllingout55
Reviewed January 10, 2010

Malay Business man, at bangkok only 4 days after new year. I need some place that not too far from the middle of the city but not too many crowd. Last time i selected some hotel around Nana but too much people. After serious meeting or night life, i need some place to make me feel as home. Nice and comfortable but must not to far from middle of city. No need to be 5 stars hotel cause sometimes all you need is some place that you feel as home. Escape from perfect 24 hours service(too over) or too much people. This guest house locate in the middle of city(thong lor station of skytrain). You can walk from guest house to station only 5 min. It's what i love cause sometimes taxi is not good idea cause bangkok always bad traffic jam. In case you need taxi, around there also have taxi to serve you all night too. Not far from nana if you still need some night life or u can use subways to go to silom(about 3 stations of skytrain and interchange to subway) The owner is very friendly and perfectly english cause he is irish/english. He recommend me some nice bar around thong lor(not far from guest house). I found that if you want to see some great local bars or pubs, Thong lor is one of that place. A lot of pubs and bars around there. More thatn 90% is thai and almost around 25-35 yera old. It's totally different from pubs and bars around Na na or silom. I think it's better and not much foreigners(that's what i want). Good thing is when pub finish, you can get some taxi around there just take only 10 minute to come back the guest house. Only one problem that i dont like is some noise outside during night time. The owner told me it's because government try to fix something around skytrain cause they want to open more new stations as soon as possible. That's why they have to work in some night cause they plan to finish before February. It is not the serious problem cause noisy will gone in finally. If you need some place like home, i recomend you Padi Madi Guest House.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank benbruckner
An Agoda Traveler
Reviewed January 5, 2010

• Stayed: January 2010
Reviewed December 11, 2009

This english/irish and thai partnership is an excellent combination for information and advise from both about Bangkok and how and what to do there, for Thai speakers and also English speakers.

The room was very clean and had everything you would need, also cleaned and seen too every day..

The location is vital for easy transportation around Bangkok, with the Thong Lo sky train 2mins walk from the hotel and endless taxis driving around nearby...if you fancy jumping on the back of a taxi motor bike, they hang out on the corner seconds from the hotel and you can negociate your price. I cant emphasis enough how useful the location of this hotel is to get anywhere in Bangkok.

The breakfast was good, a standard cooked breakfast with a kettle and fridge in the room for your convenience. (also an elecronic safe provided in the room)

I was travelling solo to Thailand for the first time and the owners made me feel very welcome and comforatable and gave me any advise i needed whenever i wanted and looked after me very well. Very nice people...

I would thoroughly recommed this hotel to travellers passing through and business people who want and excellent standard of hotal at a reasonable cost who need easy access around Bangkok.

i will be booking there again.....Simon from England.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple