“Clean and near BTS”

Padi Madi Guest House
Ranked #269 of 733 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Location is very good because it's only 2-3 minutes walk to BTS Thong lor. Very convenient. Room is spacious and clean except toilet bit old and smell. Staff is very friendly and speak fluent english.

2  Thank Cynthia L

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We were given a room on the fourth floor, and there was a dreadful, horrid smell of sewage coming from the bathroom! It got worse every time you washed your hands or had a shower, basically any use of the drainage system! The room was super tiny to begin with, but this made it 1000 times worse!

We asked for a room change the next day and was relocated to the 3rd floor, with no extra charge. Otherwise we would have forfeited the rest of our stay there (5 nights) and checked out of the place. Everything still smelled a bit musty in the new room but was heaven compared to the scent of sewage.

Oh, I couldn't seem to connect to the WiFi on the fourth floor but could when moved to the 3rd floor. The receptionist half-jokingly mentioned that the owner probably could not afford any modifications to the place, hence any complaints would make no difference.

But on the bright side, the staff are friendly and helpful. And the best part is that the Thong Lo BTS is literally at its doorstep. So for the price of the place, I guess you really do get what you pay for.

p.s. Loads of stairs, so if you're not physically mobile, forget it.

Room Tip: Room on third floor connects better to the WiFi
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank BZFoo
Reviewed July 17, 2013

-the location is perfect.It really was steps from the BTS Thong Lo.
-reasonable room charge.It's a good choice for budget travellers.
-wifi connecting is good

-Room is tiny. The room was a bit small for two people
-you can here the traffic all day and night because it's close to the main road.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I've been stayed for 4 nights end of June. The room is cosy & clean. The location is perfect for us because nearby thong lo bts station. With carrying all the shopping bags, it's so convenient for us.The staffs are friendly :) Recommendable budget stay in sukhumvit area

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank sugar623
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

We had den there for a Night end of June. As it was low season we got an Upgrade to the next room category Free of charge. Booking was done very easily via the known portals. Rooms are quite 'cosy' - things which Should work worked all Fine. We could also leave the bags there then At the Day we left back to Europe. The only shortcoming is that (even not Being on the real mainroad) the Traffic outside can be quite noisy... But I think you will have this in Most of the rather Budget places in Bangkok - so use your easplugs ! In a resume you cant do anything wrong booking in here for about 800 Bath.

Cheers & Thanks

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights, which just perfect location.
Near to lots of streetfood, near to pos office, near to BTS and bus stop.
We took bus to from here to Platinum mall, fares is just around 15baht ~
to be fair, with this price, as long as rooms is clean, water heater is working, free wifi in good location, we are happy for that ^^

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I stayed here from 29th May (my birthday) to 01st June 2013. Too bad my camera was stolen on arrival at Entebbe airport so I cant revive some of my moments.

Staying here is fun; its neat, the receptionist and manager are very helpful, I had no tour guide (I wanted a wild trip in a place away from home-Africa) during my stay but had a 4 day itenery that i got online. They would advise me on what to board where so as to get to the destination of my choice. They have tour facilities though according to what I read in ma room.

Their online directions are too detailed in that you cant get lost at all-it was my first time in Bangkok but I easily located the place (used the city train direct to Payathai then connected to ThongLo)
I wish they could include breakfast on their package; it would save one alot of time in the morning.
Even then if I ever come back to Thailand I would gladly book here.
Thanks for the hospitality.

Room Tip: just choose one with a window so you dont feel imprisoned
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo