“Recommendable location when you are in BKK And want to be Kind of close to the Entertainment Area”

Padi Madi Guest House
Ranked #137 of 618 Bangkok B&B and Inns
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

We had den there for a Night end of June. As it was low season we got an Upgrade to the next room category Free of charge. Booking was done very easily via the known portals. Rooms are quite 'cosy' - things which Should work worked all Fine. We could also leave the bags there then At the Day we left back to Europe. The only shortcoming is that (even not Being on the real mainroad) the Traffic outside can be quite noisy... But I think you will have this in Most of the rather Budget places in Bangkok - so use your easplugs ! In a resume you cant do anything wrong booking in here for about 800 Bath.

Cheers & Thanks

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Kuala Lumpur
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights, which just perfect location.
Near to lots of streetfood, near to pos office, near to BTS and bus stop.
We took bus to from here to Platinum mall, fares is just around 15baht ~
to be fair, with this price, as long as rooms is clean, water heater is working, free wifi in good location, we are happy for that ^^

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Kampala, Uganda
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

I stayed here from 29th May (my birthday) to 01st June 2013. Too bad my camera was stolen on arrival at Entebbe airport so I cant revive some of my moments.

Staying here is fun; its neat, the receptionist and manager are very helpful, I had no tour guide (I wanted a wild trip in a place away from home-Africa) during my stay but had a 4 day itenery that i got online. They would advise me on what to board where so as to get to the destination of my choice. They have tour facilities though according to what I read in ma room.

Their online directions are too detailed in that you cant get lost at all-it was my first time in Bangkok but I easily located the place (used the city train direct to Payathai then connected to ThongLo)
I wish they could include breakfast on their package; it would save one alot of time in the morning.
Even then if I ever come back to Thailand I would gladly book here.
Thanks for the hospitality.

Room Tip: just choose one with a window so you dont feel imprisoned
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

Pros:
- Good Communication with Hotel. They respond quickly via email
- Near Soi 38 where you can find a wide variety of street food
- Very near Thonglor BTS Station
- Good free wifi

Cons:
- Musky, small room
- Unclean bathroom
- No elevator

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Chiang Mai, Thailand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights. There were several noteworthy things, both good and bad. on the positive side, the location can't be beat right next to a BTS station -- we went all over BKK every day and traveling was a breeze. Also, I had read that some other reviewers had a problem with traffic noise, but in our 4 days we never heard a thing, either from traffic, BTS or other guests. Of course, this might be because we were on the top floor in a large room. The internet was fast. Two negative details: the shower heater was broken in the full-scalding position, so you had to either turn it off and take a cold shower or turn it on and broil yourself. Another thing was that the "safe-deposit box" in the room was a joke: a small 10 pound box just sitting on a shelf, not bolted to anything. Anyone could lift it with one hand and walk away. Anyway, the good points outweigh the bad, and we'd stay there again.

Room Tip: From reading the other comments I think the "Deluxe" rooms seem to have less issues.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Chaiyaphum, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

As good as you'll get value wise in Sukhumvit, at 890THB for the weekday price of a double room. The place has gone for a kind of modern decor in the rooms, it looks like it was kitted out by an Ikea employee. This isn't necessarily a bad thing when you're paying so little, but there were issues with furniture hiding some dirt or cracks etc. and curtains not quite fitting the window. We also had a slight issue whereby the previous guest had allegedly punched a hole in the wall behind where my pillow would sit. This was filled in fairly flimsily just after we arrived.

The guesthouse is located very conveniently, right next to Thong Lo station and within easy reach of all your conveniences. The staff were also extremely friendly. As you'd expect at this price, there were no elevators and it was a bit of a drag to transport heavy luggage up a lot of awkward stairs. I know from experience you won't beat this guesthouse value wise in Sukhumvit, but if you're looking for a real bargain then you ought to head to Banglamphu (Khao San). Probably the best thing about being in Sukhumvit, though, is easy access to the BTS because travel can be a nightmare in Bangkok and the skytrain does not extend to the old city.

My one complaint about Padi Madi would have to be the bathroom. Nobody in their right mind wants to see or hear anyone else unloading their bowels. And nobody wants to unload their bowels with someone else in full view, no matter how intimate you are. Why, then, does Padi Madi only have a flimsy, see through, sliding door to separate bathroom from bedroom? That Scandinavian furniture giant inspired not so counterculture gothic design didn't work so well in the bathroom, where the black painted brick just looked gloomy and dirty.

I'd recommend this place but they ought to sort out the bathroom.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chris O
Toulouse
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

I stayed 5 nights with my two children ( 6 and 10 ) .
very good location, quiet , clean and secure. 1 minute walking from the skytrain.
Good area to dinner with a lot of choices.
We had the biggest room with two double bed.
A big up to the friendly staff.
Very good for a low price.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family