“not like the pics”

Ranked #141 of 670 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Comblain-au-Pont, Belgium
“not like the pics”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

the location is a plus, and basically that is where it stops. the guest house is simple, the rooms smelly (even if smoking is prohibitied), and not clean as can normally be expected in Thailand. I paid 700 per night, and am sure you can find better options...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Pimmy T, Owner at Padi Madi Guest House, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for your email that help us to improved our services every day.

I just want to come back on the title of your review "not like the pics". We have 2 types of rooms standards and superiors. If you paid about 700 THB, that means you booked standard room. On our website, it is very clear, there are pictures of standard rooms and pictures of superior rooms. If you looked at pictures of superior room and book a standard room, of course it is not the same.

Our pictures are pictures from our rooms, if any guest think that the room is not same than on the picture (for the same category), I will refund the money at check-in time.

Also, I'm quit sure that our prices are very well positioned in regards too our services and location.
Queen bed size, Free WIFI, Free coffer and tea, 80 channels on flat TV, aircon and 30 second walk from BTS Thonglor for 700THB. I really want to know where you can find this price.

Also, all our rooms are no smoking room and we are very strict on this. However, If the guest before you had smoked in the room, we very sorry for that. Unfortunately we cannot control 100% of our guest activities.

For the next time, if you have any complain, please talk to our staff and we find the way to make you happy. If you dont like one room we can change to another one.
Please ask when you are at Padi Madi !!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed September 14, 2012

It's a small simple place. It's on the corner of Sukhumvit and a soi, and literally just steps away from the Thonglor BTS station, which is why I chose to stay here for 1 night before heading to the airport. There's no elevator, so it might be a bit of a chore to go up to the 3rd floor if you have lots of luggage. The room is smallish with basic amenities like for coffee and tea LCD TV with only 4 channels, but has quirky design elements. The staff are friendly, and I appreciated the help of the guy at reception, who was willing to help me print out our plane tickets for free! My only only complaint is that all the rooms face the road, so you will hear cars, taxis, tuktuks and motorcycles whizzing by.

Loved the area. Thonglor street is a couple of minutes away on foot, and there are a lot of foot massage places, and interesting restaurants, and sticky rice with mango shops. Don't miss crossing the road to Soi 38, where you can sample all forms of Thai cuisine amongst the various stalls serving great food in the evenings. Hop on the BTS to quickly go to other parts of Bangkok. 2 stations away (On-Nut) is a large Tesco Lotus hypermarket, if you want to do your groceries. Overall, this was a great-value stay, and I recommend this place for those who just want a place to crash, but want to be in a convenient location.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Pimmy T, Owner at Padi Madi Guest House, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear Guest, Thanks a lot for your review. That makes us everyday to improve our services.

I get this opportunity to inform our old guests and the future ones that the TV system has been changed begin of October 2012.

Now, we have a 80 CHANNELS TV CABLE SYSTEM on flat screen LCD in EACH ROOM.
There are many Thai channel and some English, French, Indian, Chinese, Muslim channels.
Our guest can now watch Movies, Series, News, Music, Cartoons and much more.

You can find these information and promotion on PADI MADI web site. (easy to find with Google).
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I had a lovely 3 day/2 night stay at Padi Madi in June. The location is amazing, around the corner from the BTS Sukhumvit line and 15 mins walk from great shopping at Emporium and Terminal 21. The staff were very friendly and went out of their way to help me carry my bags up the stairs and recommend a local place where I could get my suitcase fixed when it broke.

The rooms are small but clean, nicely furnished. A bit noisy from traffic so if you are a light sleeper bring ear plugs. There are amazing food options very close to the guesthouse. I will definitely be back!

Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank NinjaTourist
Pimmy T, Manager at Padi Madi Guest House, responded to this review, June 16, 2012
Thank you for your review. We are very happy you enjoy your stay with us.

As you mention on your review, our guest house is close to the busy Sukhumvit road and that make us a great location, really 10 seconds walk from Sky train (BTS Thonglor).

Pimmy
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed May 10, 2012

Stayed here for four nights. Standard room size is better than I imagined, spacious and comfortable. Very near to Thong Lo BTS station, A lot of food stalls available around this area, including a food street (Soi 38) at night and a famous mango sticky rice shop nearby. There is a share fridge and microwave to use. Need to walk up two floor to the rooms, bad for those who plan to do a lot of shopping in Bangkok. Overall a great place to stay, will definitely go back!

• Stayed May 2012
3 Thank jeanyfc
Pimmy T, Manager at Padi Madi Guest House, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
Thank you for your warm review! We are very happy you enjoy your stay with us.
Regarding our standard rooms, we have upgraded all our beds begin of May. Now, all our Standard Double Rooms have queen size bed. Also we still have Standard Single Room for single traveler with double bed.
I hope our old and new guests will appreciate.
Beijing, China
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Used to be quite ok 2 years ago. But is pretty run down now, and the bed sheets were dirty as was the floor towel in the bathroom.
The receptionist was very unfriendly and uninterested when we asked for the possibility to take a shower before our evening flight.We payed for an extra night in the end, which is kind of ok, but she didn't seem to be willing to help us at all until she recognized we would also pay for a room if there was no other possibility.
As others said before the best thing about this Hotel is the location next to the skytrain. Other than that I wouldn't recommend to stay here. I'm sure there are cleaner Hotels with friendlier service (this can't be too hard in Thailand) and good location for a similar price in Bangkok.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Pimmy T, Owner at Padi Madi Guest House, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
Dear Guest, thank you for your review that help us to improve our services. Regarding our staff, we usually get good reviews and our guests feel mostly that we are friendly and useful. Personally, I love Bangkok and Thailand and I try to do my best to give information and make the stay of our guest the most pleasant I can.I sorry that was not the case, I have talked with our receptionist, she told me that she was not specialty unfriendly... Regarding our bed sheet and following your review, I check all the bed sheets my self. I noticed some are used a bit (normal used) but none are dirty. We make our laundry our self. Also, we just upgrade beds in our rooms and bought new bed sheets in the same time. As owner of Padi Madi, I cannot accept an hygienic issue. For our future guest, in case, you encounter any issue in the room, just contact our staff. We are here to answer to all your requests, help you during your stay and fix any issue.

Travelers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 9, 2012

I stayed there for 3 nights. The location is great, near to the BTS, with easy access to the rest of Bangkok. Staff, speaking perfect english, was really friendly, provided with me with great value advices and even helped me to arrange the rest of my trip. It is always good to get advices from locals.

The room was nice and clean, Although Thonglor is not a quiet place (as most places in Bangkok), it was not noisy and I had a very good sleep there.

A great place for visiting Bangkok !

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Eric1974L
Pimmy T, Owner at Padi Madi Guest House, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
Thanks you for your review. We are located just near Sukhumvit, 10 seconds walk from the Skytrain, that's give our a perfect location for visiting Bangkok but in the same time as you said you are in the busy heart of Bangkok.
Carquefou
Reviewed April 9, 2012

This guest house was very clean and comfortable for its reasonable price. The location near the Skytrain (30 seconds walk) was very convenient to reach all the best shopping spots of Bangkok. The staff was polite and very helpful. They advice us the quickest way to get attractions around here, get some good food (good street food, just 2 min walk from the hotel), and good massage also. Internet Wifi was free and fast! Overall, I was very happy with my stay at Padi Madi on this budget price and definitely will come back again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends