“Sofitel never fails to impress...”

Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit
Ranked #41 of 881 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed December 24, 2013

We stayed at the hotel from 17 to 23 Dec 2013. The staff were very friendly and helpful especially the concierge manager. He was very patient and helped us to handle an urgent DHL package from Singapore. Furthermore, the rooms were very clean and we were treated with treats every day after the room service. The counter staff were also very helpful in advising us if a protest was near the area we were to visit on that day. Terminal 21 and Asok BTS are just 6 minutes away from the hotel. It was very convenient for us and my wife loved the central location of the hotel. Overall, it was a very nice stay with my wife and we intend to return to the same hotel again next year. Merry Christmas from Singapore!

Room Tip: Ask for a non-smoking room on a high floor
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
SofitelSukhumvit, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2013

Dear Adrian_Chong,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback. I am glad that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay.

We are looking forward to an opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel.
Merry Christmas and happy new year.

There are newer reviews for Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit

Reviewed December 23, 2013

I really like this hotel and this was my second stay. It's the standard Sofitel product but the staff are outstanding. The hotel has great facilities and a great (although very cold!) swimming pool. I stayed on the club floor which included breakfast, complimentary wi-fi and evening cocktails. The rooms are very well appointed with everything you need. Evening turn down service is a nice touch.

Location wise the hotel ticks all the boxes. Close to the Nana Skytrain station and just a few stops away from some good quality shopping centres.

Will certainly consider staying here again when next in BKK.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Dear kevinpng,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay experience with us on Tripadvisor.

We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back here again soon.

Have a Magnifique day!

Reviewed December 22, 2013

This is one of the best hotels in Bangkok that I have stayed in. The rooms are very spacious, well equipped and comfortable. The rooms have a very large TV with Bose surround system with a better international channel selection than most, Nespresso machine and Hermes toiletries. The air conditioning is very good and the sound proofing is effective (especially considering the immediate area by a very busy road and next to the BTS Skytrain). As a gold member I was upgraded with executive check-in and access to the executive lounge. The lounge provides an excellent breakfast, afternoon tea and evening cocktails from 5 to 7. The food in the evening comprises of a served and varied daily small assiette of taster dishes with a cheese, smoked salmon and charcuterie selection along with deserts also available. It does get very busy in the evenings as the breakfast dining area is not utilised and the seating arrangement is more conducive to larger parties. The pool area on the 9th floor is very nice although the sun is blocked by the hotel’s tower for the middle of the day. The gym is excellent.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
SofitelSukhumvit, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2013

Dear PC_UKLondon,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit. It’s our great pleasure to have you in our hotel.

I am glad to hear that you like our room, Club, gym and pool and enjoyed the breakfast. I hope you had a great time at our property.

Once again, thank you for your feedback. We look forward to welcome you back at Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

I checked in this hotel this morning,and I would like to tell you it certainly was my worst ever check in ever in the world of hotels where I have been a regular traveller for the last thirty years internationally.Bangkok happens to be our most favorite cities in the world but for the first time after visiting the city for the last fifteen times felt I should perhaps never come back to Bangkok.
The lady who was checking me in was good to give us one room of our two reserved before official check in time but then I requested her a room on a higher floor and she told me she will give us on the 27 floor and then here on starts the bad experience, the night manager mr somboon walks in and spoils it all he first starts by saying he cannot do the 27 floor but the 18 floor though I had already told my grandson ,so he was really disappointed.this gentleman just did not care and showed such arrogance and started shouting so I had to calm him down and request him to speak a little softly as my grandson was getting scared, he just did not care and short of being abusive he did everything he could with gestures and arrogance and face making.
I shall never ever return to this hotel cos of this one gentleman and am still staying in the hotel for the next few days so I hope he does not spoil my experience in any which way.
By the way the room he assigned us had a broken curtain in the bathroom and the hooks of the main curtain were out so curtain badly hung, I did tell him so and then he takes me to the 11 th floor to give me a room which I refused.
This experience was shocking.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank passiontravel9

Dear passiontravel9,

Thank you for sharing with us your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.
We take our guest feedback seriously. Your feedback serve as an indicator of the area we need to work on.

We apologize for the level of service you received throughout your stay with us. Your feedback will be shared among our ambassadors and with the Front Office Department. We will work on those issues you mentioned, and will do our best to increase the standard of our service in order to meet guest expectations.

Also, we would like to apologize for the curtain broken occurred in room during your stay. We have informed our maintenance team to fix this immediately.

We hope that you enjoy your stay with us and please contact our Quality Control & Guest Experience Manager at H5213-GM2@sofitel.com.

In Sofitel Sukhumvit Bangkok, we try our best to strive for excellence and to deliver uttermost service to ensure guest comfort and satisfaction. We will put in even more effort to regain your trust and confidence in us.

Best Regards,

Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

This Hotel has a great location in central Bangkok with easy access to both Skytrain and Underground. The facilities are excellent and the staff very friendly and attentive. It has a superb pool area and fitness centre, both well staffed. We could recommend this Hotel to anyone when visiting Bangkok, Thailand....

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Narathip

Dear Narathip,

Thank you for your comments on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay with us at Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit.

Your feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
SofitelSukhumvit, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Reviewed December 18, 2013