Stayed 4 nights---Nov 14-18, 2012
Busy hotel--we could not stay longer even though we wanted--solidly booked--convention.
Stayed at a room with "club floor" access--worth the money spent--nice staff--nice food and drinks--computers for guests on vacation--did not try breakfast at "club floor'--as there were more selections at the main restaurant but crowded.
Room was very nice and modern--however, if there were couple of more modern amenities--the 4.5 stars would have been 5 stars.
1. It had a Toto toilet but it does not have an automated “bidet" toilet seat----even on a ANA flight--Business Class toilets--they had automated toilet seats---why would a 5 star hotel not have them.
2. No automated curtain control from the bed area--again this was supposed to be a 5 star hotel experience.
Sofitel could have those modern amenities but chosen not to spend the money.
Liked the Bose speaker system in the bathroom--it could have a small TV embedded inside mirror (at another 5 star hotel) rather than the open concept bathroom with a full window from bathtub to watch the single TV in the bedroom area.
Could have been an easy 5 star--but Sofitel did not spend the money on toys--which I hope it considers at the next renovation to improve the rooms to a 5 star experience....
Taxi driver at the airport did not know the hotel--remember to tell them at Soi 13.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit is centrally located on Sukhumvit road. It is surrounded by major business, shopping and entertainment venues, a short walking distance to Asoke or Nana BTS (skytrain) and MRT Sukhumvit (subway) stations. The luxurious 5-star Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit hotel features a 23-meter (75-foot) outdoor swimming pool, a 24-hour gym and Le SPA with L'Occitane. Along with free Wi-Fi, the hotel, also kid friendly, has 24-hour room service and free parking. Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit is located 2 miles from Lumpinee Boxing Stadium, 2 miles from Jim Thompson House, 3 miles from the Thai National Museum and 16 miles from Suvarnabhumi International Airport. The exclusive Le SPA with L'Occitane features a hydrotherapy bath, sauna facilities and relaxing massage services. The hotel also provides a business center, tour desk and laundry services. Sunday brunch, buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as international dishes can be enjoyed at Voilà Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit. The stunning rooftop Bar and Restaurant, L'Appart, offers refined French cuisine and beautiful Bangkok views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, ACCOR, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Jetsetter, HotelsClick, Hotel.de, HRS and Reservation Counter so you can book your Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.