“Excellent service, but unacceptable details!”

Ranked #39 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed November 29, 2012

I stayed there last month (Oct'12), and really the welcoming staff and lobby crew is marvellous.
Nice and helping all time.
The room is very nice and well decorated.

One point though: Outside window cleaners (hanged to their wires from the roof, y room was on the 40th floor so you can imagine the scene) started their job at 8.00AM, and hitting the glasses, very noisy, and most of all trying to deeply look what was going on inside!!! I guess you can't see what's going on from the outside, but I mean that was really awkward to wake up this way!!! Really i found it unacceptable for a hotel of this standard. I am a regular customer of ACCOR, especially sofitel, but this time I have to say that the staff should have foreseen another solution. Where is the privacy you expect when you pay such high price?
I informed the staff at the lobby, did not seem so surprising to them (welcome to Thailand), and they proposed me to send an email to the management.

Anyhow I will go back there to check again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
SofitelSukhumvit, Manager at Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Dear guillaume l,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us your experience in our hotel.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our services exceeded your expectations. We regret that you had an issue with window cleaner outside your room and we apologize that this was disturbing your morning. We sent the message on TV to the guest room informing our guest and we are sorry this message did not go through to you.

Thank you again for your comment and we very much look forward to welcome you back at Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit.

Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit

Write a ReviewReviews (3,373)

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Love the warm smiles who greet you at the door to the sumptious rooms with plush beds and a pillow menu... it's the simple but sophisticated touches that make this hotel such a luxury to stay in!

The food is great and enjoyed the dinner buffet where the attentive and friendly staff are keen to make your dining experience exquisite!

Just a stone's throw away from Asoke Station where Terminal 21 is located, and once you're near the BTS, it's so easy to see the other offerings along Sukhumvit Road.

Always, a top choice for me! :)

Room Tip: I usually ask for rooms on a high floor and have stayed in the ones facing Sukhumvit.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
SofitelSukhumvit, Manager at Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Dear finnoir,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us your experience in our hotel.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our services exceeded your expectations. Our ambassadors are always friendly and helpful. We are happy to know you liked the food at Voila.

We very much look forward to welcome you back at Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Stayed for 3 nights for a conference within the hotel. Excellent Service, great breakfast, gym and sauna new. Quick access to all kinds of shopping and transportation. Tailor on Ten Best Tailor in the city) is less than a 10 minute walk.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear Laik L,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.

It seems you were able to take advantage of many of our amenities, and I am happy to know you enjoyed your stay and that your conference went smoothly.

Thank you and I very much look forward to welcoming you back for your forthcoming business trip.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

This is one of the few hotels deserving 5 stars.
The location is very good just 5 mins walk from the Skytrain.
We had club room and I have to be honest the level of service was extremely high and professional. There was a guy from Algeria I believe working in the hotel and he provided top quality service almost acting as a personal butler.
The rooms are great, new, very modern, bathroom with Hermes products, pure bliss. My only negative about the bathroom was the noise coming from the water pipes.
The club lounge is very classy. They have a good range of wine and cocktails in the evening, maybe a better selection of nibbles can be considered.
The breakfast in the lounge was of a high quality and very well presented.
The swimming pool is inviting and has good quantity of sun during the day.
The SPA is not to be missed. I had very professional massage performed with high quality L'Occitane products, the service was from the masseur was great. My only negative here is the lady at the reception in the SPA needs some customer service training; she ignored me initially on 3 occasions when I wanted to make a booking so I decided to ignore her for the rest of my stay.
I stayed in Bangkok at the Peninsula, Grand Hyatt, Renaissance, Pullman, Dusit, Pan Pacific and for me the Sofitel Sukhumvit is the best based on a club room experience.
Thank you.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank moschino24_98

Dear moschino24_98,

Thank you for your wonderful comments about our Club Millesime service. I am pleased to hear that the teams especialy at the Club assisted in making your stay as lovely as they did. I will make sure to pass your comments on. All team members are encouraged to ensure that our guests leave with wonderful experiences of their time spent at Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit.

We all looking forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit sometime soon.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

This hotel is quite new and clean, the bed is really comfortable, i walk to bts NANA station only 3mins. There is a nice louge at lobby, i had comlimentary drink there.
The swimming pool is big. i will stay again next time.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank vivian390

Dear vivian390,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback.
I am glad that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

My wife and I arrived on November 18th as part of our 3 year wedding anniversary trip through Asia. I had been planning this trip for months and had booked and even prepaid my room about 4 months prior. We arrived at 4:15pm and were told that our room would not be available until AT LEAST 10pm because there were airline crews or something there that won't depart until late. Having just arrived off a flight ourselves, we just wanted to sit down, rest, and take a shower but unlike the pilots and crew staying there, we were denied. The front desk area was in absolute shambles as apparently about 30 other people were having the same issue. All they would offer me is a free cocktail and breakfast. The staff really could care less about the situation it seemed and were not genuine at all in the their apologies for the situation. I proposed that since they wouldn't have my room till late, that perhaps they could give me a late checkout so I could enjoy the hotel despite getting in late. I mean after all if I wanted too arrive late and leave early I would have just stayed at the airport hotel as they're used to that sort of thing. They would only give me a 1pm checkout. So I give up having a room for 6 hours, and they offer me 1....poor deal don't you think?

Anyways, I had enough of their nonsense and called Expedia's Elite Plus line as I have VIP status with them. I told them about the situation and asked for their help with either rebooking somewhere else, or something along those lines. They called the hotel to confirm the situation with a manager. Apparently that was all that was needed to get their attention as they immediately came over to me while I was on the phone and told me my room was ready. If they had a room this whole time, why the charades? I shouldn't have to call in the big guns to get a room that I paid for 4 months ago. It was 45 minutes of needless stress.

I would have only given the hotel a 1/5 rating, but I decided to give them 2/5 because the staff (front desk excluded) was excellent, the room was very nice, and I enjoyed the use of the Club level.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank CalvinUndHobbes
SofitelSukhumvit, Manager at Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2012

Dear CalvinUndHobbes,

Thank you for sharing with us your experience you had during your stay with us.

On behalf of the team of Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit, I would like to offer my deep apologies for the inconveniences you have experienced. As devoted hoteliers ourselves we fully understand the enthusiasm you had prior to visiting our hotel & we regret letting you down during your 3 years wedding anniversary vacation with your partner.

We take this issue seriously and we are taking significant steps so that a similar situation does not take place again. It is of utmost priority that our service lives up to the high standards you expect and deserve. We cannot recreate the excitement you had prior to your vacation and we again apologize for disappointing you.

I totally understand that what counts most is the first impression and if this moment is missed it’s going to be very challenging to change ones impression. Nevertheless, comments such as yours, will make us work even harder. I can assure you, the commitment from the team and myself to deliver Service Excellence remains our main target. As a consequence of your experience, we will increase our moments of training in particular focus on customer relationship and how to handle customer requests.

Again, please accept our sincerest apologies. We promise to work even harder to regain your trust and confidence in us.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Good location ~ walk to bts station. Nice view from high floor. Suite has a big bedroom, bathroom with separate shower, a powder room, seating and study area, with a balcony. There is a coffee maker - illy with capsules. Newly opened.

• Stayed: November 2012
SofitelSukhumvit, Manager at Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Dear le0ne0,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this very nice comment about your recent stay at the Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit.

We are delighted to hear you had a great time with us and that you enjoyed the room. We are glad you mention the Illy coffee machine. This is provided in all Club & Suite rooms.

We are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back at the Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit.