“not so good services” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #34 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
Belfast, United Kingdom
“not so good services”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

Due to the flight schedule we arrived to the Sofitel around 0130 a.m. I would expect the room has been reserved as I have already settled the room charge by full payment. But the front desk staff told me that they have no room as I reserved. I think the arrangement was very ridiculous that I have wrote my request in advanced and would not expert they gave me this answer. Secondly, the temperature in BKK now is over 30 C at day time and I don't think the lobby has sufficient air conditioning and ventilation. Refer to the room facilities, I don't know why the water always spilled from the bathroom regardless how I turned shower head angle away the bathroom door. Although the coffee machine was in the luxury room, it is disappointed that the machine was not work even I asked for the assistance. Before I checked out, I ordered three macaroon in the cake shop at morning but I planned to pick them around afternoon. However, the staffs have no idea what I ordered before and need me make the new order again. From the new order to serve macaroon to the table, it needed over 30 minutes. Worst, the served macaroon were not my preference at all. Lastly, I experienced that the short electricity power when I left. I will not expect the electricity supply problem will in the 5 stars hotel, although the problem has been sorted out in the shortest time.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
SofitelSukhumvit, Manager at Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear Good_Hotelier,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us your experience in our hotel, we really appreciate it.

To reach a great guest experience is a must for us and at every Sofitel around the world, and we work very hard for it, we believe that having the chance to know what you have experienced is the best tool we can have to improve and like this reach our promises.

In your case and as you tell us we are deeply sorry for not reaching your expectations and we really apologize for all the inconvenience we have caused to you.

We regret letting you down on your arrival at our hotel. We could understand how you disappointed you were.

Once again our apologies for not be able to reach your expectations and we promise that your comments will be considered and valued for our continuous improvement.

We hope that you will consider staying at Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit again so that we may give you our undivided attention.

Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (494)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Ipoh, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

The hotel is centrally located, most of the shopping centres are a walking distance or a short ride away. Staff are friendly, the rooms clean. Was very happy with my stay there. I would recommend this hotel.
Dont miss the spa by L'Occitone.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
SofitelSukhumvit, Manager at Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear Raveet S,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback about your recent stay at Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit.

I am glad that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay.

We all looking forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit sometime soon.

Alicante, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Coolest Hotel suite in Bangkok! Imagine your own jacuzzi on your terrace with views over Bangkok. Great location next to BTS. Club lounge is one of the best with table service and proper bar that serves freshly shaken cocktails. Management are incredibly switched on and commited to ensuring you have the best experience. The Voila restaurant is awesome, the buffet dinner and lunch is insanely good value especially if you enjoy fresh shell fish and the cheese selection is top notch and on display in the wine cellar! They even have a wood fired oven for fresh pizza cooked to order. The roof top bar is jaw dropingly amazing and the female staff are dressed as french chamber maids and look so sweet. Found loads of info about the are on www.no7agency.com

The only problem with a Hotel this good is that you will never want to leave. I will be back.

Room Tip: Book a CLUB room and enjoy free breakfast, afternoon tea and evening free bar & canapes
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
William J, General Manager at Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear No7Agency,

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to send us your feedback. It is through feedback such as yours that we are able to maintain the quality of our service. However, please accept our apologies for the late reply.
We are happy to read that you enjoyed the luxurious designed suite together with the advantages of the Club Millésime. We are also glad that you enjoyed the breath-taking view at L’Appart and the delicious buffet served at Voila!.

May I end by saying that it was a pleasure to serve you and we look forward welcoming you back at the Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit.

William Haandrikman
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Doing business in Bangkok can be hard if you try and travel by road - Sofitel is close to BTS and MTR, very convenient. Inside the hotel the rooms are comfortable and well designed, the breakfast and services first class. But it is the staff that make it perfect - helpful and efficient without being intrusive. My 'personalised butler' Natthaya provided everything I needed with a friendly, efficient and happy attitude, from IT to tips on where to go to markets and dinner. Far exceeded my expectations. Excellenct.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear spanagle,

I thank you for your positive feedback regarding your stay at the Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit.

My team and I felt very proud while reading your positive comment regarding the high standard of service provided to you.

Your feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff particularly to Miss Natthaya as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

So amazing, So sublime, So elegant, So sexy, So stay there!
Wonderful design, classy yet totally comfortable. So highly considered, to the finishes, furnishings, amazing uniforms (yes, they are as everyone comments) and even the beautiful perfumes throughout the building. Breakfast buffet to die for.
The most amazing Sofitel bed. And rain shower. And everything else.

I am a regular international business and holiday traveller and this hotel is among the best.
Puts to shame all the apparently 5 star hotels in Australia!

Room Tip: I would have liked to be able to have seen all the rooms and chosen from one; the water theme rooms...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear supertooth,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback on the Sofitel So Bangkok. Please accept our sincere apologies for the late reply.
It is a pleasure to read how much you enjoyed the hotel’s design, the MyBed concept (which provides a perfect night sleep for every guest) and the continental breakfast buffet.

I will share your comments with the Sofitel So Bangkok. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of their staff and to us as part of the Sofitel brand.
Thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope we will be able to welcome you to the Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit or back to the Sofitel So Bangkok in the future.

William Haandrikman
Ft. Worth
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

i had booked this hotel during its pre opening stages and can only say to much was put into the design of the hotel and nothing was considered in terms of ease of use. my examples are

room - while its nice to have the bose speakers and tv for entertainment having to figure out how to get them running on the same audio channel for watching tv was not easy as i spet 20 minutes playing with the remotes

spa - most confusing spa menu ive ever looked over names i cant pronounce, wording thats not easily describle and very disorganized as you have massage info layed out over diifferent areas, even the reception apologized as she told me it was very confusing to her as well

issues i had with this places

could not check in till 4pm and the on duty manager had to call to ask what she should do,

overall was ok here for the price i paid but would not come back

• Stayed June 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
SofitelSukhumvit, Manager at Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Linitotx,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Sofitel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Hervey Bay, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

I travel to Bangkok for business quite often and stay alot of the time in Sukhumvit. This hotel is a 5 min walk from the Asoke BTS and Terminal 21 which is very convenient.

I arrived late in the evening and needed some business sorted, the front office staff were extremely helpful. The gym was great for a morning workout.

The day i was leaving we had heavy rain and it was difficult to get to the airport. The concierge was great in guiding me to the BTS and airport link to avoid the traffic.

Ill definately be coming back :-)

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
SofitelSukhumvit, Manager at Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear Serina789,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.