“Convenient luxuary in the heart of Bangkok.”

Ranked #41 of 879 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed August 28, 2012

1  Thank eudda
William J, General Manager at Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

There are newer reviews for Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Superb hospitality and fine arrangements during our recent stay at the Sofitel Sukhumvit. It was truly a memorable weekend for us. Our room had a breathtaking overview of the city - situated at the top floor - with a private balcony and a pool. The layout of the room and interior design was warm and highly aesthetic - just the perfect setup to celebrate a truly unique event. Also highly commendable are the professionalism and warm services of the Sofitel staff and management.

We look forward to returning soon!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
SofitelSukhumvit, Manager at Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2012

Dear JLA123SaoPaulo,

Thank you for your wonderful comments about our hotel décor and your stay at Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit.

I am pleased to hear that the teams in all the areas of the hotel assisted in making your stay as lovely as they did. I will make sure to pass your comments on. All team members are encouraged to ensure that our guests leave with wonderful experiences of their time spent at our property.

Manasnarth BOONYONG (Ms)

Reviewed August 26, 2012

the service, decor, and overall location is as good as it gets in Bangkok. pool is nice and chill with great background music playing. tried the spa and it was excellent. i am in the hotel business so i am quite crticial. But i have no complaints!
i wil be back soon.

Room Tip: view towards the city, nite view is great

Dear Mr. Mayo-Smith,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback regarding the service received and your stay at Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit.
I am glad that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay, hotel decor and our spa treatment.

Thank you for your trust and we all looking forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit sometime soon.

Manasnarth Boonyong (Ms)

Reviewed August 24, 2012

I only stayed one night in this hotel because I was on a trip. The hotel is very well situated in the center of Bangkok. The hotel seemed brand new. The reception staff are polite and discreet. The room was very well furnished in dark and warm colors. The bed was so comfy ! I tried the bar at the top called L'Appart: there's a very nice view up there, the cocktails are nice and the atmosphere is great. The next morning the reception staff greeted me with my name and wished me a safe trip, remembering that I was on the road. Overall, a very good hotel and service provided to guests.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Gim S
SofitelSukhumvit, Manager at Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Dear Gim S,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Manasnarth BOONYONG

Reviewed August 23, 2012

After waiting an hour at the airport immigration (man, what a chaotic line up, due to their renovation at their customs/immigration section), rode a comfy Toyota van taxi (those yellow/green cars) for local B$450 (around $14 USD and arrived at the hotel just over 30 mins. . . Mind you, normal taxi only cost B$250 or so on the way back (B$25 went to toll roads).

Check in was on 31st floor and it wasn't  very quick but while waiting for the keys there were fruits and petite desserts to enjoy! They were very tasty indeed, especially the green tea one.  The very friendly staff gave us lemon grass drinks as well which were perfect after the long wait at the airport.  My wife and I fell in love with lemon grass now and we even bought a pack of tea from Isetan department store (Central World).

Rooms aren't huge, but it was at a corner unit facing north west so views of Nana BTS Station and hotels swimming pool.  From the floorplan, the corner unit is slightly bigger than normal ones. Quite like the day bed, lil arm chair, plus a desk chair at the desk.

My wife didn't like the Hermes bath gel and body lotion as they have a masculine scent so I asked for L'Occitane ones, and housekeeping sent us right away.

Breakfast was very good, though choices were limited on 31st floor compared with Voila on 1st floor. There's also complimentary afternoon tea (2-4pm) and cocktail (5-7pm). It's like the hotel don't want you to leave the hotel! :)

One thing to note is the swimming poo, the water was salty. I wonder if it was intentional? It was a bit more floaty than normal pools.

Location was good. Just a 3-min walk to Terminal 21, the shopping mall at Asok station. There's a 7-Eleven Behind the hotel too.

If you don't need to live right next to a shopping mall, this is a very good hotel choice in Bangkok. Would def come back again!

• Stayed: August 2012

Dear Antonio L,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.
It seems you were able to take advantage of many of our amenities, and I am happy to know you enjoyed our services. As we pride ourselves in providing tailored service to the needs of each guest.
Thank you again for your comment and we very much look forward to welcome you back at Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit.

Manasnarth BOONYONG

Reviewed August 21, 2012

My stay at the Sofitel Sukhumvit Bangkok was really wonderful. The service was good, and the room was clean and attractive. It wasn't just the amenities of the room that made it nice, the layout was quite thoughtfully done. It was modern with a glass wall around the bathroom, however the glass was frosted in just the right places so you had privacy in the separate toilet and shower areas. There was a separate tub and the 'rain style' shower was really amazing.

The room had an antique-styled dresser that gave the room some extra character and a desk that faced the door. Most hotels have a desk that faces the window or more often the wall, but this one was feng shui. The full-length mirrors in the room were a nice touch.

I only really had one complaint: On my last day, I asked if I could stay an extra night and they tried to negotiate a higher rate than what I'd already been paying. Most hotels will just give you the same rate for another night so I was a bit put-off but this. The hotel didn't appear full anyway so they lost a night's revenue for the room. However, on the whole I was very satisfied with my stay. I sure enjoyed that shower :-).

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear michaelpotter,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments about your stay at Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit.

We are delighted to hear that your stay was outstanding and that you enjoyed the rain shower. Your feedback is extremely important as it helps us to continually improve upon our service and provide a memorable experience to our valued guests.

Manasnarth Boonyong (Ms)

Reviewed August 17, 2012

I recently stayed at the new Sofitel on Sukhumvit and was totally blown away with the service and facility. From the friendly/efficient check-in to the same upon check-out was such a delight. The facilities, room decor, layout, amenties are all thoughtfully designed for a business traveler who also enjoys some leisure time. I will stay again.

1  Thank ukson
SofitelSukhumvit, Manager at Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2012

Dear ukson,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback.

I am glad that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay. All team members are encouraged to ensure that our guests leave with wonderful experiences of their time spent at Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit.

We all looking forward to welcoming you back to our property sometime soon.

Manasnarth BOONYONG (Ms)