“Very close to the International airport-very close.”
Review of Paragon Inn

Paragon Inn
Ranked #312 of 859 Hotels in Bangkok
Walnut Creek, Ca USA
“Very close to the International airport-very close.”
Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

Chief advantage is that it is 12 minutes close to the airport. I doubt very much you will be able to get them to pick you up at the airport, but they will take you there once yor stay is over. Once you exit customs and immigration, you will see a desk that will give you a prearranged price once they find your hotel on their grid or map. On nov 22, we paid $ 105,
for 2 rooms for 2 couples, including our trip,to the hotel. Our taxi with no bargaining charged our part $20. US, we had lots of luggage.They will quote you 3!prices, one for room only, no airport, another for room and airport, a 3rd for all the above including an Ala cart breakfast. Is you don,t opt for the breakfast, the cost for breakfast is $ 7.00.
Rooms are bare but very clean, Aircon is preset but very strong. Hotel seems to be popular with European families.bathroom is european-
pension, tub does not have a shower but you are provided witn hose and shower head for a minimal shower experience. Nicely maintained pool, you won,t find the A team if you check in at night but thet get the job done.
Taxis are very cheap in BK so this might be a low cost alternative to stay for a short visit.
Would I stay again?
It is a sprawling complex which they handle bt having an electric cart that will take you wherever your room is located andick you up again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank hurley7th

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Paragon Inn was nice enough - I booked for my final night in Thailand as I had an earlyish flight the next day and didn't fancy a long journey and it served its purpose; the airport transfer was quick and cheap and the restaurant was good; I enjoyed my last meal there!

Check in was all smooth but I was disappointed with my room - when I booked via Booking.com it said there would be a bath which I was looking forward to after a day of travelling on boats and planes, but my room only had a shower - and the bathroom smelt strangely of chemicals. Biggest problem was that the aircon in my room got stuck to 26 which was far too hot! Managed to sleep through it but didn't feel so refreshed when I woke up. There were also mozzies in my room and it was located right at the back of the complex in a block that was being renovated.

I also think I got fleeced with my taxi there from Don Mueng airport - the driver told me that we were going outside of the city so he had to charge a fixed fee rather than going by the meter... not the hotel's fault by any means just something to be aware of.

I probably wouldn't come back here unless I was guaranteed a nicer room.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank sofic88
sutch3, Public Relations Manager at Paragon Inn, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you very much for your review! I'm from Brighton too :). I am sorry to hear you didn't think your room was quite what you were hoping for.

We try our best to cater to our various guests and today we offer three distinct types of rooms:

* Deluxe: Your standard room... think of it as a quiet place away from home... nothing fancy but just what you need
* Pool Side: These rooms are awesome! They are right by the pool and feature our biggest walk in bathrooms. These rooms absolutely have a bath... almost like a mini swimming pool :) and a walk in shower
* Family Room: If there is a whole crowd of you staying this is the way to go! With an adjoining separate room they are just perfect for putting your children to bed before relaxing before your flat screen TV.

We hate to hear someone not have a perfect stay! If you are unsure what room to pick go ahead and email us before you make your reservation and we will be happy to assist.

Happy traveling!
Ben
toronto
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Great location for catching an early morning flight - 10 minute shuttle ride from airport. Perhaps not such a great location for seeing Bangkok. Really lovely pool and grounds (I suspect recently renovated, as some room renovations were still taking place) - did not give you the sense that you were at an "airport hotel". Had an on-site massage, which was relaxing and convenient (same services available for half the price up the street if you're willing to walk and forgo A/C). Our family room was perfect - very clean, with a second bedroom for our two children (and their own TV - English language movie channel was a pleasant surprise). I felt it was also a great deal for what we paid (2600 baht/night). There was also a kettle and a bar fridge in our room, which is always great with children.

The restaurant was pretty and poolside, but I felt the menu was a bit limited, and the food was not exceptional. There were no clothes hangers in our room, and an in-room clothesline would have been useful for drying wet clothing.

Room Tip: Poolside rooms gave you direct access to pool off your deck, but might be noisy (at least with my ch...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank lehaha
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 days and i must say that im truly impressed with the place. Very accessible, food and everything is cheap. People are kind enough to assist us on a daily basis, always checks upon us. Definitely coming back.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank redgotsohigh
Cardiff.UK
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Stayed 2 nights in a pool room which was very comfortable..Staff friendly and food was good.Lovely warm pool and surrounding gardens.Would recommend using their transfers...There is nothing to do in surrounding area.

Room Tip: Worth the extra for a pool room,B1 excellent location.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank joanslade
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Rooms and pool has some years since it was new, but with that said, it is a nice hotel, with very nice staff. Prices in the restaurant are fair, and if you get one of the rooms next to the pool, you have about five meters or so from you step out of the bed, to you are in the pool.
If you have small children you can eat at the restaurant, and be only a few meters from the pool to watch after the children.
They have a golf cart, to drive guests to the main road, two min. or so, and getting a taxi, took less than a min. each time. The large shopping malls are about 20-25 min. away and the airport is about 15min.
We enjoyed are stay, and will have no problem coming back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank FrederikRa
Skivarp, Sweden
Reviewed November 4, 2013

If you are travelling with children or just will stay a night this a very good choice. It is not expensive and close to the airport without being distubed by starts and landings. Large spacy rooms but an extra chair would be a plus.Very nice staff and good littlel dishes. The pool is of course a plus if you travel with children, If you will stay several days the hotel would feel rather isolated and the only funcyiooning transport to central town is to take a taxi, which takes an hour.
Nice shuttle and perfect pick up service at the airport.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Lars B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bangkok
Golden Jade Suvarnabhumi
#281 of 859 in Bangkok
BS Premier Airport Hotel
BS Premier Airport Hotel
#685 of 859 in Bangkok

Been to Paragon Inn? Share your experiences!