“No Internet access”

Ibis Bangkok Sukhumvit 4
Ranked #230 of 883 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I currently need internet for working purposes, and ibis nana offers this service. But when I arrived to the hotel, the internet was not available, or it took 10 minutes to load a web page. On top of that the room had a hard smell of massage oil... I was intending to stay int the hotel for 7 nights but checked out the next morning.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank krating87
Pablo L, Manager at Ibis Bangkok Sukhumvit 4, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Dear Krating87,

Thank you for taking time off your tight schedule to give us such useful feedback, Internet is one of our main objectives for this year and we will look into making it a better service, for our customers in the future.

We wish you good luck in your future travels.

Best regards,

Reviewed December 6, 2013

Nothing fancy, just a nice hotel, nice room and good breakfast at reasonable price (online booking), nice situation by the river (Chao Praya), courteous staff. Has all the amenities I require...swimming pool, garden, news channels on the TV etc.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jorg B
Pablo L, Manager at Ibis Bangkok Sukhumvit 4, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

Dear Jorg B,

Thank you for taking the time to giving a review to share with the community of Tripadvisor.

Kindly be informed that your review is to be directed to ibis Bangkok Riverside if you have stayed there.

But as you have posted with us, no hard feelings, please note that you are also more than welcome to come and experience ibis Bangkok Nana.

Wish you all the best in your future trips.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Checkin was quick & efficient, with a photocopy taken of my passport, left 1500 Baht deposit against room charges (get a receipt!), & straight up to the room. The airconditioning worked OK once I switched it on at the thermostat. Tea & coffee in the room, plus two bottles of water in the 'fridge replaced daily. Breakfast 0630 to 1000, it's an eat-all-you-can buffet, with a good selection of european & eastern food plus fruit & salad. Flat widescreen TV, telephone. No mosquitos in the room the whole stay. Laminate floor. Two comfortable single beds, with firm mattresses with a soft 1-1/2 inch mattress topper on a solid base. A narrow wardrobe with a well-secured safe. Shower worked OK with good pressure & reliable hot water. The room was cleaned promptly, although I can confirm what other reviewers have said about some of the towels having holes in them. Overall: cheaper than the last hotel I stayed at in Bangkok, and a better night's sleep. Small rooms, but big enough, everything I needed for a city break. Walking distance to Nana Plaza, but not so close that you would know it's there.

I made my own travel arrangements on arrival, so no waiting around or trying to find the travel rep. Touchdown about 1600, in taxi by 1650. Two tolls 25 Baht + 50 Baht, arrived at hotel 1735, cost 350 Baht + tolls. So about 45 minutes from Swanaboom airport to the hotel by taxi.

I travelled onwards to Pattaya, the taxi from the hotel travel desk would have been B1600, but I made my own arrangements & paid B1500 including tolls. There were four tolls along the way, total journey time about two hours, so not a bad price. If it had been raining I would have used the travel desk & got the taxi from the hotel.

Room Tip: No charge for guests, implying that the hotel is guest-friendly. Get room & breakfast so you ca...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank manchoy

Dear manchoy,

First of all thank you for taking the time to writing a review on our hotel and the area.

It is very well detailed and useful for other travelers, and as well for us as in has some highlighted areas which we can improve to better serve other future customers and future stays for you as well.

My team and I will look into this to better serve others in their trip to Bangkok.

We really are gald that you have had a good experience in our property and also in Bangkok and Thailand itself.

Please do not hesitate into coming back as you are most welcome to stay at ibis Bangkok Nana.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

The Hotel is situated right in the Sukhumvit Soi 4, but actually you could reach it from Sukhumvit 6 as well, which is closer to Nana BTS Station.
We booked room in 7th level, only to face the parking building next to the left, but if you are looking for the budget hotel with basic functions, then this is for you.
The room is not too wide, but you have televisions, good spring bed, good air conditioner which you can set, the shower works well, eventhough the shower room is small :). There was also complimentary mineral water inside, hot kettle.
The hotel is so functional, you could also use shuttle service from 8-17 to Nana BTS.
Pay attention to this : you could order Siam Ocean World and Madame Tussaud Ticket with interesting discount price. The Limo service to the airport also offers competitive price ( 700 THB ).
Be aware that this hotel is situated near to red light Nana Plaza, but we get any problem with this, but if you bring kids, I think you choose another location :).
Beware :
You should deposit 1500 THB in advance, and this is not announced in the beginning, fortunately I bring enough money for that.
The staff is overall, friendly and helpful ....
Safety: Good. I keep my passport in the deposit box inside the room, and nothing is lost.
For Indonesians : There was an employee named Yosep ( by the time this review is written), he was born in Bandung, so you could ask him for assistance in Bahasa :)

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Pablo L, Manager at Ibis Bangkok Sukhumvit 4, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Dear Yoga W,

We highly appreciate taking time off to write such a useful and constructive review.

We defintely apprecaite all of our guests and customers when staying at our property and help us by giving us such good feedback.

I would also like to say that you are right, we have all the basic functional needs that one needs when travelling, even offer free unlimited wifi for our customers and the free shuttle bus that works on weekdays from 8 am to 5 pm and on weekends from 8 am to 8 pm, and takes you right to the footsteps of the Nana BTS Skytrain station.

THank you so much for the good review and we are eager to having you back in the near future, i hope that your next stay will be even better than the previous one.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

I stayed for a meeting that my organisation held at this hotel. We had 15 guests! All were happy at the professional and friendly service. It's a business hotel, so do not expect frills, but you will get efficiency and comfort. Overall I will hold meetings in this hotel again.

Room Tip: Select a higher floor, they are quieter
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Pablo L, Manager at Ibis Bangkok Sukhumvit 4, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Dear Aditya B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such a nice and hearty review, we are very conscience that the voice of our customers is the paramount to our success.

It's such a joy to read that you had a good experience with our hotels facilities and especially the team who strives to provide such good attention to our guests, i will pass the compliments to all the team on your behalf and thank you very much for choosing our hotel.

Please note that you are more than welcome to stay with us anytime and i really hope to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

i stayed here for 25th November 2013 to 29th November 2013 . The staffs are very friendly and helpfully. The rooms are really neat and clean. the service are really above the expectations...its really nice and super.... foods are to great.

Room Tip: i recommend this hotel
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Dear affzuss,

First of all thank you for taking the time to write a review and most of all for being such good in all details.

Please note that i will share the review with our team as it does encourage them to keep on providing a good service to our customers.

I am really glad that you had a superb stay and enjoyed the service with our team members.

Rest assured that you will always be more than welcome.

I really look forward to having you stay ith us again in the near future and have an even better experience.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

I chose this hotel after reading its positive reviews on Agoda, here's a few things about this hotel I've learnt so far:

Good: convenient location, 7-11/money exchange shops are nearby, 10 mins walking to BTS Nana station, room is small but clean, AC works well, bed is large and comfy, and after all affordable hotel rates.

Bad: room door doesn't do much soundproofing, can hear all the noises (door shutting, etc)coming from the corridor at night. The Wifi internet was extremely poor, either too slow or got disconnected in just about every minute, a few searching on Google might take hours, basically can't do anything. I asked the counter staff and got replied that the server was down, which was totally a bad excuse. Absolutely NOT recommended for travelers who use laptops.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo