“Cosy and Elegant”

Baan Pra Nond Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #23 of 710 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 18, 2013

This B&B is like a small pearl nestling inside an ugly oyster shell.
The location is both good and bad - a noisy, busy road in front, and a concrete freeway overhead (the oyster shell) BUT 10 mins walk from the Skytrain and the ferry. The accomodation itself is very attractive, clean and with a warm, personal ambience and a beautiful, little garden.
The staff were lovely - when they saw us contemplating a tour, they offered to organize a driver to do the same thing for half the cost - which worked out really well!
If I did it again, I think I'd get a pick-up from the airport as our taxi was a big rip-off.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 2, 2013

If you are the kind of person who visits the Jim Thompson House and Bangkokian Museum and longs to move in, this is the place to stay in Bangkok. Historic and classy. I stayed 2 nights in the master suite and am absolutely in love. Coffee on my private balcony and sashaying around the massive bathroom--I didn't get out much as I was happy hanging around the room. Thank you Ban Pra Nond for letting me live out my fantasy of dwelling in another time and place (if just just for a weekend). I'll be back.

I would suggest adding robes (nice for going to and from a dip in the pool).

Room Tip: Master suite!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I recently enjoyed a wonderful stay at Baan Pra Nond B&B. After an early flight in Kuching followed by a long layover in Kuala Lumpur, it was a relief to be picked up by Mr. Vee, a driver that BPN owner, Tasmin, graciously arranged for me. He deftly sailed through the afternoon traffic that was made almost impossible by rain to deposit me safely at BPN, where I was greeted by Hassan with a cool towel, refreshing tea, and a friendly smile. The rest of my stay was just as comfortable and inviting. Every morning breakfast was served to order, fresh, hot and delicious. The B&B was homely and staffed by extremely accommodating individuals such as Janya, who was a wealth of information. My room was clean and I always felt like I was coming "home" after a long day out as I was sometimes greeted by members of staff with a smile and a 'How was your day?' once the bell at the front gate tinkled, signalling the arrival of someone. Surasak BTS station was a 5 minute walk away and Central water taxi station was only ten minutes away by foot. If I chose not to go out, there was an array of DVD's or books for me to choose from to while away my time poolside or in my room.The location, value, friendliness, and comfort of this place has entrenched itself on my recommendation list to all who visit Bangkok!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Belinda B
Reviewed September 29, 2013

A very cute boutique place, tugged away between greenery, wonderful architecture and interior design. Cozy commons area. My room was very clean and comfortable. Centrally located close to BTS and river shuttle. Stayed here for three days with the low season last minute special 40% off, which made it well worth it.

The freeway is behind the hotel, high above with noises muffled out. The advantage of the open space below the (very high) elevated freeway: it actually gives the hotel a sense of space in an otherwise crowded city. My room was very quiet.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 27, 2013

In a not-particularly-atmospheric business district of Bangkok, this B&B is peaceful, shady and homely. From the warm welcome on arrival to the thoughtful touches that make simple rooms feel a little more comfortable, Baan Pra Nond works hard to put you at ease. I paid around US$50 for modestly sized but spotless bedroom and bathroom with A/C and a fan, tasty breakfast included. If you're staying in this area and don't want a big international business hotel, this is an excellent choice at what I thought was a fair price. All staff I came across were friendly and the proprietor was very helpful in offering suggestions on where to go and how to get around.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 21, 2013

This B&B has genuine charm. It is centrally located near the river and a BTS station, and despite being sandwiched between a main road and a flyover it is actually very peaceful once inside the small complex. Rooms are simple but very pleasant. Breakfast was nice but there could have been a few more options.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We found BPN over the net, and boy did we luck out! Our family is just not very comfortable in hotels, so we were ecstatic when we entered the gate at BPN....and it only got better. Our 2 nights there were like being the guests of the most gracious hosts. Rooms were great - love the quaint bathrooms - and the airconditioning was heavenly in the humidity. We loved that it's a real home in a real neighbourhood, not some faceless hotel in the touristy parts. Staff was very friendly and helpful, and it's a very short walk to the river or the train, so well connected. We'll definitely go back to Bangkok because of BPN - everyone needs to come home after a long day!

Room Tip: The 2 rooms in the main house over the dining area are the best.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family