“Christmas in Tahiland”

Ranked #15 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Abu Dhabi
“Christmas in Tahiland”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We found these apartments reasobnable pricewise.
They were clean and the staff very pleasant and helpful.
There was a supermarket nearby that had good quality food items. The restaurant was fine and th ebreakfast very good.

Room Tip: We had a high apartment so there was no noise, but it apprears to be in a quiet area away from the t...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank BrendaPhew
Sathit_M, General Manager at Anantara Baan Rajprasong Serviced Suites, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Brenda Phew,

I would like to extend our thanks to you for valued feedback and complements our service, staff and location.

It is our pleasure to welcome you here and we look forward to serve you in the nearly occasion soon.

Thanking you once again.

Personal regards,

Sathit Mansuwan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Pattaya, Chon Buri, Thailand
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I took a rest during Songkran festival.The hotel is located in the heart of Bangkok , Business area
and shopping center.Furthermore it is close to railway station which I can go any where in Bangkok easily.The room is clean which has got any equipment same my house such as microwave,plate etc.that I can make cooking by myself.Breakfast is quite good which I can order
that I want to eat. Pool is very quiet,I can relax and rest.
Overall,this hotel is very good for take a rest and doing business at the same time.

Room Tip: Any room at the US. embassy view.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Phanom J
Dear Khun Phanom,

I would like to thank you for the appreciation of our service in Anantara Baan Rajprasong Serviced Suites Bangkok.

Your kind appreciation has not only boosted our confidence but renewed our enthusiasm and zest for keep doing hard work at the job. I would like to assure you of my continued sincerity and dedication and I promise to continue to serve you the best of our abilities.

Thank you once again.

Yours truly,

Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

I will be staying in the hotel from Apr-30 to May-2. Before my arrival, I have already had a bit disappointed on the breakfast arrangement. Buffet breakfast can delighted a trip of traveller. I booked a two bedrooms superior but now, not much expectation on the stay in this hotel.

Stayed April 2013
2 Thank coldfront84
Dear coldfront84,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced in respect to breakfast in our hotel.

We take pride in ensuring our customer’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations. Upon thorough review of the situation, we narrowed the cause to discuss with the coffee club team.

As a testament to our strive for perfection, we have taken steps to ensure that this will provide a best service to our customer.

We deeply value your relationship with Anantara Baan Rajprasong Serviced Suites and are committed to providing you with the highest level of service simply because our customers deserve the very best. If you have any further questions or comments regarding this matter, please feel free to discuss it with us at sathit_ma@anantara.com.

Yours in service,

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I stayed eleven nights with my husband, we had booked on there own website given a booking number and cost. When it came to checking out there was no invoice just "It's all done" When I then insisted on an invoice they gave me one showing a complete different pricing (more of course) They told us it would be resolved the next day with a credit, this was not done I wrote emails but they seemed to be ignoring the issue. After around four day's they wrote back explaining that the charge was correct, and completely ignoring the fact that we had a confirmed booking. After much to and fro, which included us sending a copy of the confirmation to them and alerting Amex to the overcharge they agreed to refund the overcharge, which I have still not seen. This was very shonky as they had our booking, they picked us up from the airport, something very strange was going on here.
Also there breakfast is atrocious, bad is not descriptive enough, it was simply appalling.We had to take our own cooked vegetables down to supplement there meager serving on our allowed portion of rice and vegetables, one coffee, and a plate of mushy fruit salad with syrup over it.
Apart from the above it was a nice place to stay, location is good and staff friendly, with well appointed rooms. But would certainly think twice about staying again. Many better and more caring places in the same area.

Room Tip: Pay a lot more and get a deluxe or premium room
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Nanc D
Dear Nanc D,

On behalf of Anantara Baan Rajprasong Serviced Suites, kindly accept our sincere apologies for not being able to provide you the service satisfaction would be in our hotel. We genuinely regret the inconvenience caused to you because of this. Of cause this is unexceptionable for our hostility and we will monitor it closely to ensure it won't repeat again.

I am sure you would pardon the mistake on our part this time and looking forward if their is any chance to service you again.

We reassure you of our co-operation and look forward to a more positive association with you in the future as well
Once, Thanking you for the value feedback.

Yours Sincerely,

Hong Kong
Reviewed April 18, 2013

When you take holiday with your kids, no matter how old they are, how many times you left things in the room? Most of the time, when you check out, you are always in a hurry, you may leave your own belongings or the kids'!

You will only find out or remember that when you are on the way to the airport or when u unpack your luggages when u are home!

But this time, my daughter left her bedtime buddy, a sheep, gift from her beloved granpa, who just passed away 5 months ago! She remembered it when we arrived in the airport and we are not quite sure until we unpack all the luggages when we are home. It's about a few days after, I send an email to the manager of this hotel and check whether they can find it!

Promptly, they reply me and send me a picture of the lost sheep. We are crazily happy because we never never can get back our stuff if we left that in the room. It's not about what stars hotel you stay, like we stayed in Four Seasons Hotel 3 years ago, just a few blocks away from Anantara Baa Rajprasong, my daughter left a pair of Gap slippers, it's very new, just wear for a day only, we know it when we were down at the reception checking out, my husband rushed back to the room and it was gone already. Of course the hotel didn't admit it!

This is my very first time to write a review, though I am avery frequent traveller, holiday or business. I think this hotel really worth a praise! And I am very happy to share this experience with all the travellers.

However I can't write something that is not honest. About the other services of the hotel is not very impressive, especially the arrangement of the breakfast place. Maybe, it's just temporary. I hope they will improve it and raise their standard to a higher level.

I want to say thank you again to the manager and the staff of this hotel! Your help is much appreciated!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jalin79
Dear Janice,

I would like to extend our warm thanks to you for being a customer in our hotel.

We genuinely thank you once again for the support and time given by you and we sincerely hope that you would continue to extend your valuable support in our future.

Once, again thanks and looking forward to serving you again.

Best regards,
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed April 4, 2013

The rooms are very good, the building is in a very good location, and the premium/deluxe rooms have a very nice view. The staff are friendly and helpful, cleaning staff efficient and kind.
The down side is that THEY DO NOT HAVE A BUFFET BREAKFAST, (started on 5th April) they have a coffee club downstairs, you can choose one set breakfast from the menu, and that's it you can pay if you want more. For example One hot coffee OR one cold coffee OR one juice. It really is in my view a very stingy and meagre approach to a breakfast when paying so much. This is an experiment in cost cutting, which I feel is very risky for them, as one can certainly do better in many, many other serviced apartments in Bangkok. I do like the accommodation but am a little confused as to what they were thinking with this change, other than more profits, at the expense of the guests.
One last point is that they have in every room a small tropical fish in a tiny bowl, and I mean tiny. This is supposed to be decorative I guess, but the point is it is outright cruel, if they wanted to do this they should have a larger bowl or tank.Ironically they mention in a fact sheet that the fish should be in a much larger bowl, strange. So management is showing disregard for the guest breakfast and disregard for other life forms.

Room Tip: I think the deluxe and premium rooms are certainly best. as they have more of a green view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bodhic
Sathit_M, General Manager at Anantara Baan Rajprasong Serviced Suites, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Dear Air,

Thank you for notifying us of your comments. We strive to provide you with the best possible service, and when you feel that it fails to meet your expectations, it is important for us to know.

We are sorry that you received service that prompted you to contact us with a comments, and we regret any inconvenience or frustration that your experience has caused you. To ensure that our staff conducts itself in a manner that reflects the high regard we have for our customers, we have notified the proper department of your comments.

Your custom is important to us, and we hope that you will continue to give us opportunities to serve you.

Thank you again for bringing these matters to our attention.

Best Regards,
Georgetown, Texas
Reviewed March 23, 2013

My wife and I stayed at a one bedroom suite for an extended period. The suite had view of Royal Bagkok sports club from our two spacious balconies. The hotel staff had been very nice, helpful and courteous. The pool reminds you of a rain forest setting. Two restaurants served a wide variety of menu apart from customized dishes since we were vegetarian. Estrella spa is a wonderful experience and the spa reception and the staff is knowledgeable and very professional. BTS Rajdamari is a walking distance and courtesey Golf Cart is available most of the time to drop you at BTS.

The maid service for a long term stay is on alternate days which is slightly inconvenient and needs management attention to attract long term guests. Fitness center needs to be reconfigured to have TV viewing for the treadmill users.

Room Tip: Room overlooking Royal Bangkok Sports stadium on higher floor has better view.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank munilharsh
Dear Munilharsh,

On behalf of everyone at Anantara Baan Rajprasong Serviced Suites, we would like to thank you for entrusting your stay with us. It has been our pleasure providing service to you.

We are committed to providing the highest possible customer’s satisfaction by giving the best and efficient service possible. If you have any questions or comments please feel free to contact us.

We hope that for your future visit to Thailand, you would let us have the pleasure of serving you again.

Thank you for your patronage.