“Very Good”

Ranked #108 of 632 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Harare, Zimbabwe
“Very Good”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I stayed in this hotle twice last year , We picked this hotel because the owner spoke English and we were able to communicate with him unlike other hotels in the sorrounding areas. We didnt regrert our choice as the place has very big rooms , they are very clean as well with a bar fridge packed with water . We stayed 6 nights per visit and on our second visit we brought in food from our home country as we didnt really like Thai food the first time we came around .The staff were more than happy to cook the food that we had brought with us in their kitchen . The place is also tucked away from the noise in Pratunum Park I would recommend this place for anyone wanting to staying in a budget place with very high standards.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Yemurayi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 7, 2013

My wife & I stopped here for 3 nights.
We booked the accommodation because of TA reviews & it's location as the shopping is very good in Pratunam.
Brian the owner is friendly chap and always ready to give you useful information.

As previous reviewers have mentioned , the room is huge.
The furniture is quite spartan, but adequate.

There is a variety of accommodation available in Bangkok at very competitive rates.
I think a kettle and a small safe in the rooms would not go amiss.

Good free wifi.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bogla
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I love lemonseed rooms. The room was the biggest that I have ever stayed and it's definitely more than what you pay.

The room was clean, so was the toilet, makes us very comfortable to stay in. The fridge is big, I was expecting a mini fridge like what most other hotels do. It comes in very handy for us to store beverages and leftovers. The aircond worked very well, the room becomes chilly few minutes after it's turned on.

The bathroom was huge and clean. Hot water is hot enough but the pressure is somehow not so strong. The sink has plenty of space for me to place all my stuff without having to move them in and out (good for ladies who have lotsa toiletries).

I don't complain about the TV because I don't really have time to watch it. Anyway, everything was in Thai which I don't understand.

I love the bed we got. It was a king size bed. No bed bugs and so. Very nice to sleep on, so reluctant to get up in the morning. (We overslept on the day which we have a morning flight to catch, luckily they gave us a morning call. This is how comfy it is!)

The staff are friendly. They allowed me to use the hair dryer for 1 week and return during checkout (8 days). They guided us the way to train station, and shopping places nearby very patiently. They even helped us to get a taxi to the airport. Bunch of nice, friendly and great people.

Their breakfast was good! Simple yet delicious with many choices.

The only drawback is the walking part. The skytrain station is near but it still took me about 10 minutes to get there. It might not be an issue for some but it's kinda tough for me especially after a long day outside. If the hotel is located right beside a station, this will be the perfect hotel of all.

• Stayed March 2013
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I was on a short trip with friends ,loved this place ! Rooms were huge , No problems what so ever . Good location near by all the shopping areas . Would definitely stay again on my next visit .The owner of this place Mr.Brian was very helpful !

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Queenfdez
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Reviewed May 21, 2013

The room is basic but huge. Most importantly it's clean and tidy. What I like most is the floor is not carpeted, thus it easier to be cleaned (mopped) daily by the cleaner.
The owner Mr & Mrs Bryan are very nice couples who provide good suggestions on places to visit. Mr Bryan suggested Amphawa which is definitely worth a visit, which I wish I can spend more time there.
Breakfast ranged from delicious Thai food to English breakfast which is cooked upon order. The breakfast fares much much better than most hotel buffet breakfast.
Location wise the hotel is located very near to Platinum Mall, Central World & Siam Paragon, all within walking distance. Taxi is easily available but remember to bargain as most of them don't go by meter.

WIR? Definitely yes!

Room Tip: All the rooms are basically the same size, the difference is either the bed is King Size or Twins. S...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
UK
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Exactly what other people have said, great rooms, handy location, breakfast, price, very clean, close to BRT..
We stayed for 11 nights and during that time the staff and owners were AMAZING, they helped us out so much, way, way above and beyond the call of duty.
Couldn't recommend this place highly enough, a great place to stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Petaling Jaya
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Paid only 1100 Baht for a room so large that they can afford to place another kingsized bed in it. Basic necessities, ie tv with cable, wardrobe, toiletries (no toothbrush & toothpaste), mini fridge, towels, complimentary drinking waters, table for 2, were provided. The room's finishing and furnishing were pretty old like in the 90's but it was overall still pleasant and nicely up-kept. The ample space made it easy for packing to be done. Breakfast was also provided and had 9 choices to choose from. It was easily located and getting around was easy as it is walking distance to Ratchathewi BTS Station, to shopping complexes around Siam, to Platinum Mall and to local delicacies around Pratunam area. If walking isn't a fuss, walk towards west of Petchaburi Rd. away from Ratchathewi BTS Station and you will find plenty of street food frequent by many locals. In short, I would recommend this place as it was surely value for the price I've paid. Mr Thep at the desk was helpful and friendly. He helped arranged for a cab to take us to Don Mueang Airport for 250THB flat as we had plenty to carry and were rushing to catch our flight. Definitely worthy of a certificate of excellence by TA.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple